Man, you took a Wakanda wild side... Bc
    wow lol

Re: Preston says the Ravens Need More Pass Rushers

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    Wakanda lol.
    good to have you back lol

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    McPhee was a very special player. What made him so extraordinarily valuable when healthy was his ability to rush from the inside. He was and OLB by roster position, but he drove the 56-sack pass rush in 2014 with his ability to command double teams and occasionally beat them with a thunderous first step.

By comparison, Za'Darius Smith was forced to play a significant portion of his pass rush snaps as an interior rusher where he's good, but definitely sacrificed sack numbers based on the position he lined up. He still impacted the pocket well and delivered a number of QHs for the role. In 2017, he was a better pass rusher than Judon despite the 5-sack difference. And for the record, I don't think the low pass-rush productivity totals for Smith are the fault of Pees. After Urban was injured in game 2, the team was left with very limited interior pass rush options and Smith/Henry was the best combination in obvious passing situations.

Based on what we've heard abut Wink and his obvious commitment to the dime, I think we're going to see more high-risk football on defense. That's a good thing, because A) defense needs variation of result to win and B) the Ravens have the secondary to make it work. Unfortunately, the 6-deep logjam at OLB (Suggs, Judon, Smith, Williams, Bowser, Correa) can only contribute 2 or 3 participants per pass play. I believe those players should increase their aggregate sacks per pass snap simply by aggression of scheme, but the success of Martindale's defense will ultimately rest with his ability to rush effective combinations of his dime personnel as Ryan did.

In case you missed it, I wrote this piece comparing the 2006 and 2017 pass rushes with an emphasis on the elements of deception used:

https://russellstreetreport.com/2018...ees-pass-rush/
    My eyeballs say Smith had difficulty finishing plays, whereas Judon was a good finisher. I think lots of guys can get in position -- it's the finishing that is the difference

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

I wouldn't consider Correa part of the logjam. I expect he'll be cut. Unless they are going to play Bowser at some ILB.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB