Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Flacco's Future

Blog Entries

Re: Flacco's Future

If he plays well enough to get substantial draft capital back in a trade, you have to then think about who you trade him to. Jacksonville beats New England last season, not even with 2014 Flacco, just with late 2017 Flacco. Bortles was that much of a detriment. They tried to cover him up as much as possible and he still started trying to throw that game away.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If he plays well enough to get substantial draft capital back in a trade, you have to then think about who you trade him to. Jacksonville beats New England last season, not even with 2014 Flacco, just with late 2017 Flacco. Bortles was that much of a detriment. They tried to cover him up as much as possible and he still started trying to throw that game away.
    Oh yeah I’m afraid of Flacco oh no LMAO LMAO

I would like the scenario where Joe Flacco finishes the contract we signed him to. Or maybe retire before last year of it.
    The last 3 years was hard on me and Joe Flacco. So whatever the reasons was , i felt wasted years. But got a new exciting feeling this could be #MyQB Flacco peak years. Hopefully all 3 years coming , but definitely this year. Rather i buy his last year here or not , i feel this team that potentially could come out of training camp, i been waiting for years for this squad.

I think with the additions of Offense and subtraction of PeesTheBed, we just might get the chance to see Joe have a good regular season. We stay relatively healthy and get to the big dance , Joe will as always catch fire. We Ravens love winning SB in south (TB & NOLA) so would expect Joe to win another one if in Playoffs. He wins it , 2019 will be his again , i hope. Then take us deep again , maybe finish contract. I would love back to back Championship, because he can finish last year of contract or walk off with 3 titles and give Lamar a championship team to take us into (hopefully) the next 10 years. But that’s my opinion and dream of my Ravens.

- [ ] If was for whatever reason Trading Flacco , afc, Jags or Denver. Both could Use a playoff Gunslinger. NFc, maybe , Tb or Washington or Cardinals i guess.
    - [ ] Seem to be only a couple that could use Joe other then the current Ravens. But I’m hoping for , that decision to be prolonged and hard as hell to make.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Jacksonville beats New England last season, not even with 2014 Flacco, just with late 2017 Flacco.
    I couldn't agree more.

I clicked through to the 2nd page of this thread thinking about what I was going to write, and thinking, if Flacco plays well and Lamar Jackson is ready, Jacksonville is Flacco's best landing spot.

That team around the QB is ready to win it all, but won't with Bortles at the helm.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    I would like the scenario where Joe Flacco finishes the contract we signed him to. Or maybe retire before last year of it.
    The last 3 years was hard on me and Joe Flacco. So whatever the reasons was , i felt wasted years. But got a new exciting feeling this could be #MyQB Flacco peak years. Hopefully all 3 years coming , but definitely this year. Rather i buy his last year here or not , i feel this team that potentially could come out of training camp, i been waiting for years for this squad.

I think with the additions of Offense and subtraction of PeesTheBed, we just might get the chance to see Joe have a good regular season. We stay relatively healthy and get to the big dance , Joe will as always catch fire. We Ravens love winning SB in south (TB & NOLA) so would expect Joe to win another one if in Playoffs. He wins it , 2019 will be his again , i hope. Then take us deep again , maybe finish contract. I would love back to back Championship, because he can finish last year of contract or walk off with 3 titles and give Lamar a championship team to take us into (hopefully) the next 10 years. But that’s my opinion and dream of my Ravens.

- [ ] If was for whatever reason Trading Flacco , afc, Jags or Denver. Both could Use a playoff Gunslinger. NFc, maybe , Tb or Washington or Cardinals i guess.
    - [ ] Seem to be only a couple that could use Joe other then the current Ravens. But I’m hoping for , that decision to be prolonged and hard as hell to make.
    I will bet any amount of money that will not happen. I'd love to be wrong though.

Blog Entries

I think Flacco plays out 2019. I dont think if things are going well its going to be easy to move on from him. Lamar is the future, no doubt, but until hes at such a level that they dont feel theres any negatives, it may be more than a year.

In all honesty, I dont think it ends with him on a high note, because I dont think the team will move on from him if hes on a high note. My guess is Lamar simply isnt on the same level as him this year and never a question to take over. we hang onto him for another year and if the road gets bumpy we make a switch assuming Lamar has improved in such a way that its at least a thought, eliminating his trade market and cutting him the following the season. Thats pretty pessimistic by my standards, but I see that as a more likely scenario without Joe, than him playing well and guiding us to back to back playoffs and getting traded. I just dont think this FO is going to toss him away under those conditions.

If the previous scenarios do play out, I dont think he gets traded to anybody in the AFC. Broncos, Jags, Chargers, Pats, none of them make sense for the Ravens unless theres simply no trade market in the NFC. Giants make a ton of sense, imo. stylistically, with their weapons as well as the timing of Manning likely retiring. Compensation likely will be minimal for an aging QB anyway. I think we sent a conditional 4th round pick for steve mcnair. Jimmy G was had for a 2nd as a young and promising QB. I wouldnt expect much for a 35 year old Flacco. maybe a 3rd at best.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I couldn't agree more.

I clicked through to the 2nd page of this thread thinking about what I was going to write, and thinking, if Flacco plays well and Lamar Jackson is ready, Jacksonville is Flacco's best landing spot.

That team around the QB is ready to win it all, but won't with Bortles at the helm.
    Bortles was significantly better than Flacco on every ranking out there. Much better statistics.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

After 2019 I could see Joe in Miami, maybe Tampa.

After 2020 though I could see him in Washington, Minnesota, Chicago or possibly Indianapolis.

I dont think they trade him to Jax or Denver because those teams are too good. The Ravens may want to do right by Joe but they have to do right by the Ravens primarily.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Smackums View Post
    The Ravens may want to do right by Joe but they have to do right by the Ravens primarily.
    I think that will be a factor as well.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Bortles was significantly better than Flacco on every ranking out there. Much better statistics.
    Yeah...Matthew Stafford has gaudy stats... doesn't mean he's going to win the Superbowl.

Flacco has his faults, we all know that...but he (usually) plays his best ball in the biggest moments.

Blog Entries

By 2020, Joe Flacco will likely have a hernia carrying those heavy money bags to the bank so often... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Flacco is only a name at this point living off his SB run but in the nfl that’s good enough to get a starting gig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Unfortunately, I think you're right and Flacco's opportunities are behind him. 5 season's of consistently mediocre play can't be dismissed. And his 5 years before that weren't a stand-out by any means either. That's a long time and a pretty extensive body of work to make an evaluation. I've been one of his bigger defenders, but the FO, and the defense IMHO wasted the prime of his career. We'll never know how good he could have been. I predict Jackson will be the started before the year is over.