Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Violence, Harrassment, Protest - the Left's message of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    “If you see anybody from that cabinet in a restaurant, in department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd,” the congresswoman added. “And you push back on them. Tell them they’re not welcome any more, anywhere!”

That's what Waters said. I'm not making that up.

What do you think is going to happen when you have public officials telling angry voters to go and "make a crowd" when you "see them in public..."

Nevermind if those people may be out with their families, children, etc.

It's just wrong. Plain and simple.

Can you give me an example of when Trump explicitly told his supporters to go and protest and "create a crowd" around Nancy Pelosi? Chuck Schumer? Hillary Clinton? Barrack Obama? Maxine Waters?
    I'm not disagreeing with you on her quote but to assume groups protesting individuals like SHS will end up assaulting an official while ignoring the comments of the President doesn't really hold water. Is this not in the same vein when speaking to a crowd of largely gun owners who are emotionally convinced their rights to bear arms are under attack?

"Trump represented Clinton's position on gun rights as wanting to "destroy your Second Amendment" and said that her bodyguards should no longer carry firearms in light of her policy stance, which includes expanded background checks for gun sales.

"She doesn’t want guns, take their — let’s see what happens to her,” Trump said. "Take their guns away, okay? It’ll be very dangerous.""

Can you give me an example of when Trump explicitly said to the white supremacists of America to go to Charlottesville and protest? Can you give me an example of when Trump said anything about white supremacists should go and "create a crowd" around Maxine Waters?

If he has, fine. I'll feel the same way that I do with Waters's commentary. However, to my knowledge, Trump hasn't said that.
    Words matter and Trump has an amazing ability to be the guy who puts his finger one inch from your face and say I'm not touching you I'm not touching you. These people have been emboldened by Trump's rhetoric and if you need any more convincing there are hundreds of accounts of white supremacists saying as much.

"We advocate for living separately within America. We are a benevolent, fraternal, Christian, white-civil-rights organization,” he claimed. “We are for family and for God. We see our race and our heritage going away and being harmed by intermixing with these mongrel races. It has to stop.”

He added, “I think we now have a President with some of the same ideals.” He insisted that the Loyal White Knights had been growing since Trump’s victory. When I asked him for specifics, he replied, “I can’t give out exact numbers—that’s why we’re called ‘the invisible empire.’ But I can tell you this: since Trump has been elected, people have been calling us left and right wanting to join, from all walks of life.” "

"The former KKK leader David Duke told his people at Charlottesville that their time was at hand. “We are determined to take our country back,” he boasted, saying, “We are going to fulfil the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in. That’s why we voted for Donald Trump, because he said he’s going to take our country back.” That’s what they feel, that’s why they are crawling out from basements and rallying. They think the government is on their side""

"It also allows white supremacists to claim shelter and take heart from his words. What Trump is doing isn’t exactly dog-whistling, because the contradictory views are audible to all, but the effect is similar. White supremacists understand that Trump couldn’t full-throatedly embrace them if he wanted to, but they interpret his equivocation as a blessing. After Trump’s initial comments on Saturday, a post on the neo-Nazi site The Daily Stormer celebrated his remarks for not calling out racists. And after Trump’s Monday mulligan, the alt-right figure Richard Spencer dismissed the new statement as insincere. As my colleague Rosie Gray reported from a press conference Monday afternoon, Spencer called it “kumbaya nonsense.” “He sounded like a Sunday school teacher,” he said. “I just don’t take it seriously.”"

"This week, I talked to Adam Domby, a professor of Southern history at the College of Charleston, about what he thought had changed for white supremacists since Trump’s election. “We need to acknowledge that these beliefs have always been here and are not on the fringe,” he said. “Now people are just being open about it. They have taken off their hoods and are lighting their faces up for all to see with tiki torches. That’s a feeling of empowerment beyond measurement. No longer are they embarrassed or fearful of repercussions. In part, they see their views as validated by the election.”"

He has a responsibility to condemn these people and he doesn't or if he does it is begrudgingly so, late, and after under intense pressure to do so. This mixed with his background including housing discrimination, birtherism, and the Central Park 5 given a wink wink to these groups, whether intentional by him or not. Hate crimes have risen since the day he took office and to ignore his comments and his history in relation to those while assume Waters' comments will lead to violence isn't intellectually honest.

Trump did say that about 1 guy at one of his rallies and it was wrong. He was also scolded for it behind closed doors by his campaign advisors and then he went out and basically retracted the comment.

Is anyone on the Democratic side telling Maxine Waters to knock it off?
    Not yet. In my mind she's a bit of a kook and her comments might be ignored in that sense. It's almost like asking everyone to defend Steve King's comments. I will say the "liberal" media has not ignored this story and anecdotally it seems near-universal negative reactions from that front.

Frankly, I'd be really surprised if the leaders of the Democratic Party weren't telling her to shut up. What she's doing is further galvanizing Trump supporters because she's basically telling people to harass others, which is wrong and it is vastly different than Waters using her position to go after Trump. That's not what she's doing.
    I agree with your first sentence. Again I don't see how one can look

You're right. We should be viewing them through the same lens.

Show me where Trump told his supporters, or anyone, to go out and "create a crowd" whenever a Chuck Schumer or Nancy Pelosi is seen eating dinner with her family.

And give me a break with your "newly-found moral outrage" crap. The Left has been virtue signaling, creating false narratives, and propping up moral outrage over anything and everything for YEARS.
    I think what he's doing is worse. He's fostering and encouraging an environment where people are targeting individuals not in positions of power. I'm not saying you don't, but if you take the time to talk to groups he has targeted (and he's not going to come out and say go punch a muslim so if that's what one needs to see to read between the lines I don't know how to help that person along that path) they are terrified to be living in this country. As far as your last sentence, I can understand your sentiment here about both parties but from a false narrative and moral outrage perspective I just don't see how one can compare historical politics to the daily lies and forced wedge issues (like the national anthem if we're going to tie in football) we see today out of this administration. Back to the moral outrage part, do you not see how this is hypocritical given the recent decision and reaction to the Colorado case?

Quote Originally Posted by TarHeels33 View Post
    Waters never calls for violence in her comments. Trump routinely calls out politicians, private individuals, and private businesses and his dog-whistling rhetoric and overt dehumanization of classes and races provides cover for the events like Charlottesville, the increased rate of hate crimes, and individuals and politicians being targeted with threats of heinous acts on social media and in real life. He explicitly implored his followers at campaign rallies to engage in violent acts and offered to cover their legal fees. I'm not saying you have to agree with Waters or Trump. All I'm saying is the selective outrage over words from Waters when one defends the President and his bully pulpit twitter account that he uses to target businesses and individuals alike is hypocritical at best. We should try viewing those two through the same lens. The newly-found moral outrage from the right over a private business choosing not to serve an individual based on their choices after celebrating a baker in Colorado doing the same thing is farcical. I'm am not assuming you are doing either by the way.
    I love the term “dogwhistle” haha. It’s so uneducated! Haha. Let’s look at this then: Bernie Sanders has called for “taking to the streets”. Loretta Lynch sited, “there will be blood”. Maxine Waters has sanctioned attacking them “in their homes”. Trump has said that people coming over the border illegally need to be stopped. So let’s so who is “racist” here. You assume that means “brown people” because you are ignorant and don’t understand that a large issue is Visa overstays. He says that he will lower taxes, and you take it to mean that only white men will benefit insinuating that ONLY white men own businesses. He says he wants to be tough on crime and you take away that this mentality is suppressing black people. He wants voter ID, and you assume minorities are too stupid to obtain an ID. So who is the racist again? You assume that most criminals are minorities. You assume that most minorities are poor and uneducated. You assume black people are too dumb to get a free state-issued ID. I think you need to see the real “dog whistling” there pal... because the biggest ignorant racist in this thread is you. I know and respect a lot of black men AND women that own businesses. I know a lot of legal immigrants. They all dislike your line of thinking because it is derogatory. It is... in a nutshell... racist. As for Charlottesville... it was an annual, planned event by those WS idiots. I’ve been to that plaza... there was MAYBE 50 of those guys. There were HUNDREDS of Antifa and like minded people throwing bottles of piss and using weapons. WS was on a downward trend dramatically over the last 20 years. It’s not Trump that’s helping them... it’s liberal media and morons like ANTIFA that are giving them more press than they’ve seen in 50 years. Maybe, had we all kept ignoring them, they’d be gone by now. So besides your views that all minorities are poor morons and giving White Supremacy a huge platform and voice, how else are you “fighting” violence?

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    I love the term “dogwhistle” haha. It’s so uneducated! Haha. Let’s look at this then: Bernie Sanders has called for “taking to the streets”. Loretta Lynch sited, “there will be blood”. Maxine Waters has sanctioned attacking them “in their homes”. Trump has said that people coming over the border illegally need to be stopped. So let’s so who is “racist” here. You assume that means “brown people” because you are ignorant and don’t understand that a large issue is Visa overstays. He says that he will lower taxes, and you take it to mean that only white men will benefit insinuating that ONLY white men own businesses. He says he wants to be tough on crime and you take away that this mentality is suppressing black people. He wants voter ID, and you assume minorities are too stupid to obtain an ID. So who is the racist again? You assume that most criminals are minorities. You assume that most minorities are poor and uneducated. You assume black people are too dumb to get a free state-issued ID. I think you need to see the real “dog whistling” there pal... because the biggest ignorant racist in this thread is you. I know and respect a lot of black men AND women that own businesses. I know a lot of legal immigrants. They all dislike your line of thinking because it is derogatory. It is... in a nutshell... racist. As for Charlottesville... it was an annual, planned event by those WS idiots. I’ve been to that plaza... there was MAYBE 50 of those guys. There were HUNDREDS of Antifa and like minded people throwing bottles of piss and using weapons. WS was on a downward trend dramatically over the last 20 years. It’s not Trump that’s helping them... it’s liberal media and morons like ANTIFA that are giving them more press than they’ve seen in 50 years. Maybe, had we all kept ignoring them, they’d be gone by now. So besides your views that all minorities are poor morons and giving White Supremacy a huge platform and voice, how else are you “fighting” violence?
    Great points all the way around...

I've posted this before, but...it's worth a look if you haven't seen it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW2LpFkVfYk

The MSM is providing dumbasses like David Duke more press coverage than he has ever gotten because they want to divide this country...and it's working.

The Charlottesville shit is almost like the immigration hysteria when it comes to the press. If people think the Klan and neo-Nazi's are THE THREAT in this country, they don't live in reality. I guess those WS-types went into hiding during the 8 years BHO was in office? Lol Not likely. The MSM simply didn't cover/promote it.

Candace Owens has a sane and logical take on this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S2TZOdXAtQ

Case in point, during the final year of GWB's 2nd term as POTUS, 2 out of 3 Americans felt that race relations in this country were good. During the final year of BHO's 2nd term as POTUS, 2 out of 3 Americans felt the complete opposite.

Meanwhile, the country's economy is thriving and jobs are more plentiful than ever before. Let's not focus on that. Let's talk about "dog-whistles." Give me a break.
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 06-25-2018 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Great points all the way around...

I've posted this before, but...it's worth a look if you haven't seen it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW2LpFkVfYk

The MSM is providing dumbasses like David Duke more press coverage than he has ever gotten because they want to divide this country...and it's working.

The Charlottesville shit is almost like the immigration hysteria when it comes to the press. If people think the Klan and neo-Nazi's are THE THREAT in this country, they don't live in reality. I guess those WS-types went into hiding during the 8 years BHO was in office? Lol Not likely. The MSM simply didn't cover/promote it.

Candace Owens has a sane and logical take on this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S2TZOdXAtQ

Case in point, during the final year of GWB's 2nd term as POTUS, 2 out of 3 Americans felt that race relations in this country were good. During the final year of BHO's 2nd term as POTUS, 2 out of 3 Americans felt the complete opposite.

Meanwhile, the country's economy is thriving and jobs are more plentiful than ever before.
    That’s because the fundamental truth is that Democrats are bigots. Explaining to them that other races should be treated equally is akin to telling the same thing to a southerner in the 1950’s. Why? Because at their core they don’t believe it. Obama even once used the phrase “bred into them”. HOW INSANELY RACIST IS THAT?!?! Regardless of context... it’s racist to say ANY race has a certain disposition bred into them.
    As to the “civil discourse” of the left... man was dragged out of his car and beaten while they stole his car and were recorded saying, “He deserves it for being a Trump voter!” Countless attendees at Trump rallies have had rocks, urine, and whatever else thrown at them. Several times they were hospitalized. A maniac shot up the GOP softball practice. Now let’s see the times that a GOP member attacked a liberal. We keep hearing “CHARLOTTESVILLE!!!” So let’s look at that. A group of idiots were rallying. There was actually a student group there that were supporting keeping that statue in the square for historical reason since the town council had just voted it down. You don’t hear about that anymore... anyhow. A violent mob defended on the WS and started attacking them. There’s almost zero eye witnesses that saw that any different. So now you have WS, ANTIFA, a bunch of student groups, and general population wrapped up in MASS hysteria. There’s a pedestrian mall about a block away where students eat and socialize. A typical Saturday has hundreds of just normal onlookers. The governor(democrat) told local police to “stand down” even as the town descended into violent mobs attacking each other. Eventually, as it always will, violence ended badly.
    So it actually started as ANTIFA... a Democrat backed and (previously) funded by the DNC... STARTED a violent mob then an onlooker got killed. So that’s now Trump? Meanwhile, the guy who shot up the GOP softball game had repeatedly quoted MSM and DNC politicians in his writings. A total direct link. Needless to say, liberals have “theories” about dogwhistles... meanwhile hate is promoted and celebrated by the left, yet when violence happens they blame conservatives. It’s pretty much just a bunch of the little kids who run up and punch the big kids in school then run behind the teacher while crying. They are morons with a mentality level of a slow child.

That’s because the fundamental truth is that Democrats are bigots. Explaining to them that other races should be treated equally is akin to telling the same thing to a southerner in the 1950’s. Why? Because at their core they don’t believe it. Obama even once used the phrase “bred into them”. HOW INSANELY RACIST IS THAT?!?! Regardless of context... it’s racist to say ANY race has a certain disposition bred into them.
    As to the “civil discourse” of the left... man was dragged out of his car and beaten while they stole his car and were recorded saying, “He deserves it for being a Trump voter!” Countless attendees at Trump rallies have had rocks, urine, and whatever else thrown at them. Several times they were hospitalized. A maniac shot up the GOP softball practice. Now let’s see the times that a GOP member attacked a liberal. We keep hearing “CHARLOTTESVILLE!!!” So let’s look at that. A group of idiots were rallying. There was actually a student group there that were supporting keeping that statue in the square for historical reason since the town council had just voted it down. You don’t hear about that anymore... anyhow. A violent mob defended on the WS and started attacking them. There’s almost zero eye witnesses that saw that any different. So now you have WS, ANTIFA, a bunch of student groups, and general population wrapped up in MASS hysteria. There’s a pedestrian mall about a block away where students eat and socialize. A typical Saturday has hundreds of just normal onlookers. The governor(democrat) told local police to “stand down” even as the town descended into violent mobs attacking each other. Eventually, as it always will, violence ended badly.
    So it actually started as ANTIFA... a Democrat backed and (previously) funded by the DNC... STARTED a violent mob then an onlooker got killed. So that’s now Trump? Meanwhile, the guy who shot up the GOP softball game had repeatedly quoted MSM and DNC politicians in his writings. A total direct link. Needless to say, liberals have “theories” about dogwhistles... meanwhile hate is promoted and celebrated by the left, yet when violence happens they blame conservatives. It’s pretty much just a bunch of the little kids who run up and punch the big kids in school then run behind the teacher while crying. They are morons with a mentality level of a slow child.
    Great post.

All truth.

Sadly, it will be ignored by people who don’t like Trump.

Holy bigass paragraphs batman

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Holy truthful and logical post batman
    FIFY

He has a responsibility to condemn these people and he doesn't or if he does it is begrudgingly so, late, and after under intense pressure to do so.
    That's not true at all.

Boy do you seem to really gobble up the MSM talking points, eh?

The press doesnt show the "disavowments" because they want people to think exactly what you wrote. It's kinda weird to see someone actually believe the media on this. At this stage in the game, I figured with all of the fake stories, people didn't believe the press anymore.

Trump Disavows Racists Over and Over Again - While Media Says Exactly the Opposite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoXThCb8EZA

"If he says he disavows someone on Friday...why do you think the same question is asked again on Saturday?"

If Trump is a bigot...he's not a very good one. In fact, he might be the worst bigot of all time when you consider the hiring practices within his organizations and the success of the current economy where people from all walks of life (black/white/Hispanic) are prospering.
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 06-25-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Blog Entries

I'm not disagreeing with you on her quote but to assume groups protesting individuals like SHS will end up assaulting an official while ignoring the comments of the President doesn't really hold water. Is this not in the same vein when speaking to a crowd of largely gun owners who are emotionally convinced their rights to bear arms are under attack?

"Trump represented Clinton's position on gun rights as wanting to "destroy your Second Amendment" and said that her bodyguards should no longer carry firearms in light of her policy stance, which includes expanded background checks for gun sales.

"She doesn’t want guns, take their — let’s see what happens to her,” Trump said. "Take their guns away, okay? It’ll be very dangerous.""
    You're adding things that are extraneous to the topic of this thread.

First, I know plenty of 2nd Amendment supporters and gun owners that don't vote Republican. In fact, a very, very, very good friend of mine is running a state primary race for her state's Senate as a Democrat...and she's a staunch 2nd Amendment supporter.

Second, just because there were likely a lot of gun owners at Trump rallies doesn't mean that they're all going to start shooting things. Odds are most of those gun owners were unarmed.

Words matter
    No. No they don't. Actions matter.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."

Remember that nursery rhyme? We tell it to kids for a reason.

These people have been emboldened by Trump's rhetoric and if you need any more convincing there are hundreds of accounts of white supremacists saying as much.
    So, because a few white supremacists in this country have said that they voted for Trump and they "support" some of the things he wants to do...that somehow translates to Trump basically being a glorified KKK member?

I don't see it.

I think you can go back in history and find things that any extremist likes about a particular public official...that doesn't necessarily mean that public official has the same perspective as the extremist.

The one thing I've heard most often linked with David Duke and POS's like that is they want a wall on the southern border too. Well...so do A LOT of Americans...and not all of them are white. Does that mean all of those other Americans are racist scumbags on the same level as David Duke and other Neo-Nazi trash?

Of course not...

Unless you work for MSNBC or CNN or something and then you can make those sweeping claims till your little liberal heart is content without so much as a sideways look from anyone...

He has a responsibility to condemn these people and he doesn't or if he does it is begrudgingly so, late, and after under intense pressure to do so. This mixed with his background including housing discrimination, birtherism, and the Central Park 5 given a wink wink to these groups, whether intentional by him or not. Hate crimes have risen since the day he took office and to ignore his comments and his history in relation to those while assume Waters' comments will lead to violence isn't intellectually honest.
    You're right, he does. And I think he should have taken a stronger stance against the shit in Charlottesville, VA. However, what he initially said wasn't wrong either. The extreme leftist groups like BLM and ANTIFA are pretty bad in their own right.

One thing I find interesting is that for all of the "Republicans = Nazi/White Supremacist" rhetoric, I dont know of many actual Republican political officials that have said "I support the white supremacist movement in the USA". But I can point to dozens of Democrats that have said they support BLM, which has posted and stated numerous times to attack white people and to attack white police officers.

I think what he's doing is worse. He's fostering and encouraging an environment where people are targeting individuals not in positions of power. I'm not saying you don't, but if you take the time to talk to groups he has targeted (and he's not going to come out and say go punch a muslim so if that's what one needs to see to read between the lines I don't know how to help that person along that path) they are terrified to be living in this country. As far as your last sentence, I can understand your sentiment here about both parties but from a false narrative and moral outrage perspective I just don't see how one can compare historical politics to the daily lies and forced wedge issues (like the national anthem if we're going to tie in football) we see today out of this administration.
    I don't see it that way. I see Trump's twitter account - which I fucking hate btw - as his way of being able to express himself to the general public without being filtered by PR.

I also see it as Trump's attempt to bring attention to things and give his perspective on things because he feels (rightly so in many cases) that the media won't cover these topics OR they've give an incredibly biased perspective without acknowledging their bias.

Back to the moral outrage part, do you not see how this is hypocritical given the recent decision and reaction to the Colorado case?
    I can see how one can easily conflate the two, but again, I dont see Sara Sanders filing a lawsuit against The Red Hen for not serving her dinner. Also, one was about religious issues whereas this is basically about the restaurant owner's being unable to cope with Trump's presidency.

This is why I'm pro free market and capitalism.

The Red Hen, as a private organization, decided to exercise their right to not have to serve Sara. That's fine. Now, let the market take it's course. If people are offended by that action, lucky for them there are plenty of other restaurants in the Lexington, VA area to go eat at.

I'm actually more discouraged at the DC restaurant that allowed Secretary Nielsen to be harassed like that to the point where she had to leave the restaurant. That's pathetic and shame on that restaurant for allowing it.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Great post.

James Woods has weighed in on Maxine Waters' dangerous call to action...

"Now that a United States Congresswoman has called for harassment against Republicans and the inevitable violence that will come of it, I urge all of you to a) get armed, and b) vote. Your life literally depends on it."

Does anyone else feel like this could be the tipping point? Maxine Waters' threat alone makes everyone feel like they should defend themselves. With the harassment of Nielson, Sanders, Miller, and anyone else who disagrees with the radical Left...are we witnessing that fragile moment in society where the tension is about to boil over?

I could see something terrible happening as a result of this.

Nice job Maxine :)

Btw, she was just praised as being a SJW Super Hero.

You're adding things that are extraneous to the topic of this thread.

First, I know plenty of 2nd Amendment supporters and gun owners that don't vote Republican. In fact, a very, very, very good friend of mine is running a state primary race for her state's Senate as a Democrat...and she's a staunch 2nd Amendment supporter.

Second, just because there were likely a lot of gun owners at Trump rallies doesn't mean that they're all going to start shooting things. Odds are most of those gun owners were unarmed.
    This wasn't my point. My points was the thinly veiled threat of violence, just like he recently tweeted to Maxine Waters.

No. No they don't. Actions matter.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."

Remember that nursery rhyme? We tell it to kids for a reason.
    Words lead to actions and crazy words cause crazy people to do crazy things. Words and tweets in this case are coming from the President of the United States and should and do carry weight.

So, because a few white supremacists in this country have said that they voted for Trump and they "support" some of the things he wants to do...that somehow translates to Trump basically being a glorified KKK member?

I don't see it.

I think you can go back in history and find things that any extremist likes about a particular public official...that doesn't necessarily mean that public official has the same perspective as the extremist.

The one thing I've heard most often linked with David Duke and POS's like that is they want a wall on the southern border too. Well...so do A LOT of Americans...and not all of them are white. Does that mean all of those other Americans are racist scumbags on the same level as David Duke and other Neo-Nazi trash?

Of course not...

Unless you work for MSNBC or CNN or something and then you can make those sweeping claims till your little liberal heart is content without so much as a sideways look from anyone...
    This wasn't my point either and I never said Trump was glorified KKK or that supporting a wall makes one a racist or akin to DD. My point is that words matter and through these quotes you can see the worst of the worst have been emboldened by the words and actions of this administration. I mean the proof is in those quotes.

You're right, he does. And I think he should have taken a stronger stance against the shit in Charlottesville, VA. However, what he initially said wasn't wrong either. The extreme leftist groups like BLM and ANTIFA are pretty bad in their own right.

One thing I find interesting is that for all of the "Republicans = Nazi/White Supremacist" rhetoric, I dont know of many actual Republican political officials that have said "I support the white supremacist movement in the USA". But I can point to dozens of Democrats that have said they support BLM, which has posted and stated numerous times to attack white people and to attack white police officers.
    Have not said Republicans = Nazi/White Supremacist. It does however seem like Nazi/White Supremacists are Republicans/Trumpicans though. BLM is not a terrorist group but I'm guessing I could send over 1,000 links and would never convince you of that. The perpetrator of the horrific Dallas event was a crazy lone gunman who had as much anger with BLM as he had for officers of the law. He was obviously disturbed and committed a heinous act but claimed he wasn't part of the group and was acting on his own. Much like the white males shooting up schools and crowds don't represent smaller groups this guy doesn't represent BLM. Leaders of BLM condemned his action. If there goal was to kill police officers you would think they'd do the opposite. I'd be curious to see your links about them calling for the attacking of police officers though. If you mean the Wesley Scott Alexander video that has been thoroughly debunked.

I don't see it that way. I see Trump's twitter account - which I fucking hate btw - as his way of being able to express himself to the general public without being filtered by PR.

I also see it as Trump's attempt to bring attention to things and give his perspective on things because he feels (rightly so in many cases) that the media won't cover these topics OR they've give an incredibly biased perspective without acknowledging their bias.

I can see how one can easily conflate the two, but again, I dont see Sara Sanders filing a lawsuit against The Red Hen for not serving her dinner. Also, one was about religious issues whereas this is basically about the restaurant owner's being unable to cope with Trump's presidency.

This is why I'm pro free market and capitalism.

The Red Hen, as a private organization, decided to exercise their right to not have to serve Sara. That's fine. Now, let the market take it's course. If people are offended by that action, lucky for them there are plenty of other restaurants in the Lexington, VA area to go eat at.

I'm actually more discouraged at the DC restaurant that allowed Secretary Nielsen to be harassed like that to the point where she had to leave the restaurant. That's pathetic and shame on that restaurant for allowing it.
    I agree with free market capitalism, which seems to go against the grain of a tariff happy GOP administration these days, but while SHS isn't filing a lawsuit she decided to take to her official government twitter account (an ethics violation if those matter to anyone anymore) to blast this restaurant. The President of the United States of America did the same. The restaurant (and even others that share the same name amazingly) has been receiving constant death threats and closed down in the short-term. GOP nominee Corey Stewart (you can make of him what you will) is now organizing a mass boycott as well. All of this is to say that the restaurant made its choice and now needs to live with the consequences. I get that. But to imply because there's no lawsuit that SHS took the high road here seems off. Words matter because crazy words make crazy people do crazy things. I also don't think it's the Presidency per se (although it probably plays into it as she is a face of the admin) but her willfully lying (or being put out with incorrect information that turns out to be false) to the American public and general lack of trust in anything this administration has to say.

These are tough conversations and it seems like both sides are moving farther and farther apart. I wish that wasn't the case but things definitely seem broken right now. We all live in the same country but see amazingly different points of view. Blaming the media seems too easy when as individuals we have access to live congressional testimonies, transcripts, and get to watch the Pres' Twitter account real time. I'll take my leave now but enjoyed the constructive conversation