Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boring is Good

Boring is Good

These past few weeks it seems we've got more to say on the OT Hockey-Basketball-World Cup threads and the Other Teams thread than the rest combined, in the Ravens 24x7 forum. For the Ravens, there's just not much to talk about. And this is a wonderful thing. The biggest story right now of course is Lamar Jackson and his effect on Joe Flacco. But even that isn't really exploding in our faces.

Please, keep this up all the way to the Hall of Fame game. It feels much less stressful than years' past.

Blog Entries

Re: Boring is Good

I know what Weddle said, but the effect on Flacco might be less because of Jackson being the heir apparent and more a combination of re-experiencing the joy of being in the NFL by mentoring Jackson and the bevy of new weapons he has to work with.

If the o-line stays solid, Flacco can reasonably expect a career year. Provided Morningwheg doesn't botch it up, this could be the best Ravens offense since Testaverde was under center.
    Last edited by bacchys; 06-24-2018 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Delete the reference to my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    These past few weeks it seems we've got more to say on the OT Hockey-Basketball-World Cup threads and the Other Teams thread than the rest combined, in the Ravens 24x7 forum. For the Ravens, there's just not much to talk about. And this is a wonderful thing. The biggest story right now of course is Lamar Jackson and his effect on Joe Flacco. But even that isn't really exploding in our faces.

Please, keep this up all the way to the Hall of Fame game. It feels much less stressful than years' past.

I am going to shift gears and go with MLB. With the 6 division leaders, the Tribe is on a 7-game win streak, and tied with the 3 other leaders with the lowest amount of wins, 43.
    GO TRIBE!

This is the most boring part of the NFL offseason which is just a waiting game and hype about guys playing well in shorts.

I've always been a big world cup fan and having that to kill the time has been greatly entertaining as this has been one for the underdogs it seems.

Blog Entries

Prop Joe: "You keep it boring, String. You keep it dead fucking boring."
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    If the o-line stays solid... this could be the best Ravens offense since Testaverde was under center.
    Yes.

YES!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Prop Joe: "You keep it boring, String. You keep it dead fucking boring."
    Ahhh nice "Wire" reference. Might be time to pull out the DVD's and binge watch.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

I agree. I’m also a little surprised at how much drafting an electric player with real bona fides has changed my outlook for the team.

Just tonight, I was hanging with a friend that’s an NYG fan and we were both lamenting last season. I made the comment that I’m excited for the Ravens this season no matter what happens and he shot back, “Yea, because you guys got Lamar.”

I can’t remember a time in Joe Flacco’s career that I haven’t found myself defending him. First the pick and his ability to start, then his demeanor, then his contract, not to mention his inconsistent play all throughout and even to this day. Don’t get me wrong, I have a 5 jersey and I’m not ashamed of it. Joe’s been great at times—and consistently enough at one time to get us a trophy—but I don’t think anyone can argue that he’s not an extremely frustrating player to root for overall.

If not bored, I’d say I’m calm at this point in the offseason. It’s not the lack of drama...I’m just not worried about the future of the team for the first time in a while. Feels good.

9. Re: Boring is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Baltravens View Post
    I am going to shift gears and go with MLB. With the 6 division leaders, the Tribe is on a 7-game win streak, and tied with the 3 other leaders with the lowest amount of wins, 43.
    GO TRIBE!
    Haha, Indians win 7 and are in first, my close to home team the Reds win 7 and still hold a solid lead on last place in the NL Central division. :)

Boring is NOT good. The O's have been a mess (playing a bit better lately). Been getting my fix watching BattleBots. Anyone else watch that? Oh the humanity! With names like Shrederator, witch doctor,and saw blaze, these Bots are "no shit" warriors. lol
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Ahhh nice "Wire" reference. Might be time to pull out the DVD's and binge watch.
    Whats the "Wire?"

Blog Entries

What's wrong with boring?

With the Ravens offense and the Orioles I don't need sleeping pills.
    Since I'm on pension, I save money that way... Bc