Blog Entries

Obama cyber chief confirms 'stand down' order against Russian cyberattacks

2. Re: Obama cyber chief confirms 'stand down' order against Russian cyberattacks

He was so sure the crooked hag was going to win......wrong.

Blog Entries

Re: Obama cyber chief confirms 'stand down' order against Russian cyberattacks

Just playing devil's advocate here, but with cyber attacks, there can sometimes be an opportunity for monitoring the attack and see where it takes you. Like tailing someone on the street that you know just robbed a bank...they're going to potentially take you back to where all of their stash is and give you the option for a bigger arrest.

Cyber has become the new cold war and everyone is in on it. We do just as many things as Russia does. We do just as many things as China, North Korea, and Iran. In fact, I'd argue that other than Russia, we're better than most of those other nation state actors - at least in terms of offensive cyber operations.

I've been in situations where we have known about an intrusion against a victim and I've been told to stand down by FBI and other IC organizations. I didn't like it. I still don't like it. But, that is something that happens.

So, without being in that classified meeting where Susan Rice disclosed why they were being told to stand down, all we can do is speculate.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Just playing devil's advocate here, but with cyber attacks, there can sometimes be an opportunity for monitoring the attack and see where it takes you. Like tailing someone on the street that you know just robbed a bank...they're going to potentially take you back to where all of their stash is and give you the option for a bigger arrest.

Cyber has become the new cold war and everyone is in on it. We do just as many things as Russia does. We do just as many things as China, North Korea, and Iran. In fact, I'd argue that other than Russia, we're better than most of those other nation state actors - at least in terms of offensive cyber operations.

I've been in situations where we have known about an intrusion against a victim and I've been told to stand down by FBI and other IC organizations. I didn't like it. I still don't like it. But, that is something that happens.

So, without being in that classified meeting where Susan Rice disclosed why they were being told to stand down, all we can do is speculate.
    I'll bet they weren't told to stand down when they were spying on Trump.

5. Re: Obama cyber chief confirms 'stand down' order against Russian cyberattacks

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Funny how that works, huh?

Blog Entries

This ^
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

This.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

You're comparing two totally different things here.

My devil's advocate point still stands.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

That's possible, but unlikely,IMO considering the lackadaisical methods of protecting classified information by the Obama administration. I just don't believe cyber security was high on Obqma's list of concerns. The Russians didn't have to be too sophisticated to hack into classified information. Hillary and staff, Obama, and now Comey served it up on a silver platter. I'm guessing a computer savvy 9th grader could have found that information if they really wanted. The DNC didn't even allow the FBI to investigate the DNC server after it was hacked. Interesting at the very least. And then there is this, unrelated, maybe, but a huge red flag in my eyes. http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-bl...ms-with-terror
    So much shit went on under his watch, most of which we still don't even know about. Where there is smoke there is fire and it's still smoldering.