Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: R.I.P. Charles Krauthammer

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Yea, and I'm not super happy about it, but there are a fair amount of caveats to even qualify for it. It's not like Oprah where everyone gets a degree.

From what I've read, it's only 2 years at a community college and the student has to have a certain GPA and they have to take a certain amount of classes and they have to show several other things like income, tax returns, etc. I had also read a rumor that it was only going to be for certain degree plans as well. So, no going to college for 2 years on taxpayer's dime for an Associates Degree in basketweaving or feminine dance theory.

So, I'm not sure what's going to happen with that.

Like Maryland residents aren't taxed enough as it is.

Thanks for the offer CC, but I'd rather rub hot charcoal on my nuts than live in Ohio.

I don't think that I'll be a Maryland resident forever. I am slowly, but surely chipping away at my wife's barrier on that one. It's not that she isn't opposed to moving, but the places where I'd like to move are areas where she'd have difficulty finding work (pharma). All of our family is in Maryland and New Jersey, so we're kind of bound to being somewhat nearby. I'm always looking at property in West Virginia and Southern PA.
    Also have to be straight out of high school.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

It's not just Cleveland man, but yea...Cleveland is pretty terrible. I've got family in Columbus, Euclid, Mentor, and Toledo.

I'm sure Cinci is a pretty cool town with some interesting things to see/do, but man...I'd rather live in Kentucky. I feel like there is constantly a cloud over Ohio, lol. Every time I've been there it's overcast. Literally every time I've been there.
    Always seems to storm when I drive through Ohio. And not like a little rain, like my wife looking out the window wondering if there will be a tornado.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    I read a note earlier today that supply of homes is not even close to demand.
    pricrs will keep going up.
    i know at least 3 people that quit their jobs and are now flipping houses full time
    I was reading that while everyone is freaking about a trade war, home builders are going full blast because they can't keep up with demand.

I hope it keeps up long enough to get the pmi canceled early on my mortgage!

4. Re: R.I.P. Charles Krauthammer

I was just down in Asheville. I know that's a blue dot in a sea of red, as my colleague who lives in Weaverville likes to call it. But I really enjoyed Asheville. Had a great time. Lots of good food and great beer.

I dont know that I'd want to live in Asheville and would probably look to some areas with a more agrarian culture.
    Great area. I live a little south and west of there. We love it.