Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: OT - I'm a published author!

Quote Originally Posted by Baltravens View Post
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot. I remember a bank in 2003, 15 years ago, was giving 10% interest on a CD for a minimum of 1 year invested and $1,000. What happened to those days?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post

Yes, 2007 and the Great Recession; however, we have recovered from that and our economy is seemingly back to normal including the housing market. So what reason is there for banks/financial institutions not to offer these types of deals OR to entice consumers to invest?

Quote Originally Posted by Baltravens View Post
    Yes, 2007 and the Great Recession; however, we have recovered from that and our economy is seemingly back to normal including the housing market. So what reason is there for banks/financial institutions not to offer these types of deals OR to entice consumers to invest?
    Federal Reserve. Bank rates are based off the fed rate, and they lowered them considerably to encourage stock purchases.

Blog Entries

Real quick, I published another book I co-authored with a huge Raven's fan who passed away 20 years ago. William E. Dorsett, "Ed".

Ed was huge fan of the Colts, broke his heart when they left. When the Raven's came into town, he was a big fan. Anyway, I helped him with a story he used to tell his kids, but self publish wasn't around back then, I updated the book and put it up on iTunes for free. It is geared towards the 3-5 age range, but I made an old man's dream come true even if he isn't here to see it.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the...051?ls=1&mt=11