Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Immigration issue / facts vs feelings

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    I dont have a total grasp of whats going on but im curious about one thing. More a general immigrant question.

These same people saying usa, Europe etc need to let all these immigrants in because they are running from isis or the taliban or drug gangs in Mexico etc are also saying usa and Europe should never get involved in other countries politics etc. That we shouldn't go to war to remove suddam Hussain who killed probably millions of people, or that we shouldn't try to stop the drug cartels etc.

Isnt that hypocrisy? Either your involved and you try to fix these 3rd world countries for the better and improve their citizens lives, and accept them into your country if you can't do that or your not involved at all, whatsoever which should also mean closing your borders
    Yes Arnie my friend ....that is Hypocrisy at its finest. The libs want it their way and the other side is wrong. As far as a world view ...same basic thing. These third world shitholes want our ( US, UK) money and hospital aide and they want to be able to send their wretched people to our countries but they don’t want any help “fixing “ their country.

Purely from a US view point ...too often the US is the Worlds Red Cross and Police force When we send “humanitarian aide” we’re everyone’s hero. When these shithole counties ask for our military help ...we’re hero’s until we stay too long and then we’re just aggressors trying to push our ideas on the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad the us pulled out of the un humane council

I think this whole blame Trump game is going to backfire big time on the Dems like so many other attempts they've made to vilify him. How easy is it to pull up the voting record on the current law being enforced to see who voted for it and against it? How easy is it to pull up quotes like was done earlier in the thread? How easy is it for Trump to say - "Congress/Senate create the laws, Executive branch enforces those laws"? Actually, he has made that argument already. I think he's letting them throw out just enough rope to hang them with.

If they really want executive action, couldn't he simply say that we will return to the Obama policy of catch and release. Except we will catch them, and immediately release them back in the country they came from. If we can't determine country of origin, then you get released at the southern-most point of Mexico since that's the country you were caught entering from.

Two issues I see:
    1. We have a very watered down polite society. Jeff Sessions using families as a bargaining chip to get migrants who have no chance of legally clearing customs to stop coming here is basically a military-esque tactic. It was a tactic that that sounds morally reprehensible, but in reality shortens the war and helps your side win. No less morally repugnant than using espionage or using statistics to decide which populations get to live or die as a result of a surprise attack. People just don't like to see how the sausage is made, and they have some romantic idea that all battles are fight honor, or that this immigration issue is something that'll just work itself out by burying their heads in sand.

2. At the end of the day, a lot of this really comes down to your God honest stance of immigration. It sounds like a lot of people in our country would be fine with completely open borders and no deportations. For them, anything that ICE does is going to be barbaric and ruthless and inhumane. If you want a controlled border with a reasonable application process, you're either conflicted by what's going on, or what's going on doesn't faze you. By all of the scenarios that I've worked out, the only way to control our borders, and have any kind of say in who comes here and have any kind of records and documentation on who comes here is to be a lot harsher and draconian than people are willing to be. It may sound cruel to have a zero tolerance policy at the border, but in reality, for every year that they're here, it becomes more and more cruel to deport them. Its like a divorce or break-up, less painful and emotionally scarring to get it over with early instead of dragging it out.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...o-a-record-low
    if labor force decrease gonna be bad news
    hopefully automation picks up the slack

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    Two issues I see:
    1. We have a very watered down polite society. Jeff Sessions using families as a bargaining chip to get migrants who have no chance of legally clearing customs to stop coming here is basically a military-esque tactic. It was a tactic that that sounds morally reprehensible, but in reality shortens the war and helps your side win. No less morally repugnant than using espionage or using statistics to decide which populations get to live or die as a result of a surprise attack. People just don't like to see how the sausage is made, and they have some romantic idea that all battles are fight honor, or that this immigration issue is something that'll just work itself out by burying their heads in sand.

2. At the end of the day, a lot of this really comes down to your God honest stance of immigration. It sounds like a lot of people in our country would be fine with completely open borders and no deportations. For them, anything that ICE does is going to be barbaric and ruthless and inhumane. If you want a controlled border with a reasonable application process, you're either conflicted by what's going on, or what's going on doesn't faze you. By all of the scenarios that I've worked out, the only way to control our borders, and have any kind of say in who comes here and have any kind of records and documentation on who comes here is to be a lot harsher and draconian than people are willing to be. It may sound cruel to have a zero tolerance policy at the border, but in reality, for every year that they're here, it becomes more and more cruel to deport them. Its like a divorce or break-up, less painful and emotionally scarring to get it over with early instead of dragging it out.
    Very well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

As I expected, it sounds like there will be an EO coming out today or very soon that handles this. It's a good decision, the right decision, and really the only possible decision from the administration to stop this avalanche of hatred towards the party before it does irreparable harm.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    As I expected, it sounds like there will be an EO coming out today or very soon that handles this. It's a good decision, the right decision, and really the only possible decision from the administration to stop this avalanche of hatred towards the party before it does irreparable harm.
    I kinda disagree...

I think most people realize what's going on here. Keeping adults and children in separate detention centers is common practice and has always been common practice in these scenarios. This has never been a big deal...until now. Why?

This "selective outrage" is a political football to be used against Trump. Nothing more. What's comical to me is how people are suddenly up in arms over this but didn't know/care about this before Trump became POTUS. The MSM is the puppeteer and a good chunk of America just listens and obeys to what they are told.

Chuck Schumer more or less admitted that this isn't about a solution. This is about Trump. Schumer rejected a legislative solution and said he wanted to "keep the focus on Trump."

If anyone sees this as anything other than political theater either isn't in the know or hates Trump or probably both.

UPDATE:
    baby is here and healthy as a lark. we're all doing well! God is great :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I agree that it is the right decision from an empathy stance.

But it totally lets Congress off the hook for doing their job. That I dont like.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    I kinda disagree...

I think most people realize what's going on here. Keeping adults and children in separate detention centers is common practice and has always been common practice in these scenarios. This has never been a big deal...until now. Why?

This "selective outrage" is a political football to be used against Trump. Nothing more. What's comical to me is how people are suddenly up in arms over this but didn't know/care about this before Trump became POTUS. The MSM is the puppeteer and a good chunk of America just listens and obeys to what they are told.

Chuck Schumer more or less admitted that this isn't about a solution. This is about Trump. Schumer rejected a legislative solution and said he wanted to "keep the focus on Trump."

If anyone sees this as anything other than political theater either isn't in the know or hates Trump or probably both.

UPDATE:
    Its ridiculous. And now Session's church wants to excommunicate him. You can't make this stuff up. I'd imagine that if we had actually been policing our borders for the last 30 years, we would be used to this as a common practice, and people would know not to come here without papers in hand and a good story for why they're here. At least bring some Hawaiian shirts, a big camera, and a map of NYC with you so that you can see a tourist VISA.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    UPDATE:

why trump punk out?