Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 19202122 LastLast

Re: Immigration issue / facts vs feelings

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    he does it all the time. throws in the occasional ad-hominem too LOlz
    very intolerant-like
    Great insight!

Go post a link somewhere else and have no one respond to u.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Great insight!

LOLz

Great insight!

why u mad today? its FRIDAY be happy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    LOLz
    i know right? dude is getting a little unhinged.

i usually go for the johnny blue to relax

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I'm gonna answer this even though I don't think you have an interest in actually listening.
    What's different now, vs the past, and what's going on in Europe, is that people used to immigrate here to BECOME American. Be part of the AMERICAN culture. Nowadays, many more people simply do not want to assimilate. They want to turn the US into their country of origin.
    The same is happening in Europe.
    I am listening and that is a great response. A cogent response that reflects in your opinion what that means. That is all I was asking, not to revert to name calling.

I agree with that sentiment. Assimilating to be part of America is very important. But where we may differ is what being American is. Some people may feel that it means to speak English. Others may feel that worshiping a different God makes u unamerican. Or favoring their home country's traditions more than ours. I believe being American is simply loving your country and making it better. If I had to say one thing, is that folks learn english. Their customs, cultures have no bearing on me.

Everyone is entitled to their view. What I have issue with is how your clear view is conveyed by others. Whereas you take out animus, they wrap that same message in fear, hate, and anger...that is later used by these fringe groups to divide.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Border Patrol Chief Carla Provost stated she needs more agents, technology, and “more wall.” She also said that she has had to separate parents from their kids, and that while it isn’t easy, “when you violate the law…there needs to be a consequence.”

Anyone wanna argue against this? She’s there. She’s seeing it first hand.

I’ll trust her take over Dick Durbin or any other moronic demagogue who thinks they know better than the people who are dealing with it every day of their life.

She also stated, “The majority of my men and women are parents. I’m a parent myself. Law enforcement’s a difficult job. In my 26 years in law enforcement, both as a local police officer and as a Border Patrol agent, I have had to separate parents from their children. It’s not an easy task. But when you violate the law, and it is a violation of law to cross the border illegally between the ports of entry, then there needs to be a consequence.”

Border Patrol Chief Carla Provost stated she needs more agents, technology, and “more wall.” She also said that she has had to separate parents from their kids, and that while it isn’t easy, “when you violate the law…there needs to be a consequence.”

I’ll trust her take over Dick Durbin or any other moronic demagogue who thinks they know better than the people who are dealing with it every day of their life.

She also stated, “The majority of my men and women are parents. I’m a parent myself. Law enforcement’s a difficult job. In my 26 years in law enforcement, both as a local police officer and as a Border Patrol agent, I have had to separate parents from their children. It’s not an easy task. But when you violate the law, and it is a violation of law to cross the border illegally between the ports of entry, then there needs to be a consequence.”
    Give them 100x the manpower and resources. The Wall is a band aid. It fills in for lack of personnel. And I get that. To me real people ( officers ) are the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I’d give Homeland or whoever is in charge of ICE a lot more Drone technology. Reaper Drones are the right now future. Load them with rubber bullets if need be.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    And I’d give Homeland or whoever is in charge of ICE a lot more Drone technology. Reaper Drones are the right now future. Load them with rubber bullets if need be.

Rubber? You softy.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Rubber? You softy.
    Nah. Trying to appeal to the masses. You know me ...Bring The Thunder!! Lol. 🥃

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I'm gonna answer this even though I don't think you have an interest in actually listening.
    What's different now, vs the past, and what's going on in Europe, is that people used to immigrate here to BECOME American. Be part of the AMERICAN culture. Nowadays, many more people simply do not want to assimilate. They want to turn the US into their country of origin.
    The same is happening in Europe.