Page 1 of 22 123 ... LastLast

Immigration issue / facts vs feelings

I’m curious to get some perceptions of the current immigration issue that’s currently being reported in the mainstream media as well as HOW it is being depicted. I guess I’m confused since it has been a law since the 90’s. Was interpretted by both the SCOTUS and redefined by the 9th Circuit Court about 7 years ago. Since it is the #1 job of the Executive branch to enforce current laws, how is this HIS fault and not congresses?

Re: Immigration issue / facts vs feelings

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    I’m curious to get some perceptions of the current immigration issue that’s currently being reported in the mainstream media as well as HOW it is being depicted. I guess I’m confused since it has been a law since the 90’s. Was interpretted by both the SCOTUS and redefined by the 9th Circuit Court about 7 years ago. Since it is the #1 job of the Executive branch to enforce current laws, how is this HIS fault and not congresses?
    Because people don't like Trump. Plain and simple. The people who don't support him are going to never give him credit for something good (North Korea potentially) but will blame him for things that was established long before him. Not shocking..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

What’s happening with this illegal immigration situation is a microcosm of the entire political establishment. The MSM and political elites are grandstanding and virtue signaling for political points. Nothing more.

It has NOTHING to do with Trump, but since most people are uninformed and “hating him” is the primary theme that engulfs 97% of mainstream media...the lie is promoted nonstop and the sheep are eating it up.

“The media DOES NOT want to inform Americans of one crucial fact: the dangers inherent in crossing the border from Mexico into America, most especially the dangers faced by minor children. Sadly, these dangers too often involve sexual abuse. Evil people want these children dragged across the border, want this abuse incentivized by “keeping the family unit together,” because flooding the country with future indebted voters is more important to the Left than the safety and well-being of small children.”
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 06-19-2018 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Because people don't like Trump. Plain and simple. The people who don't support him are going to never give him credit for something good (North Korea potentially) but will blame him for things that was established long before him. Not shocking..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    It’s so much more though! You have Laura Bush saying these are like “internment camps”. That’s absurd! And if it was true, then her husband has just as much to answer for. It’s not, of course. I think my favorite part of the media right now is that they are knowingly lying by stating this is a “Trump Policy”. Now we have a Progressive media, claiming that the POTUS doing his constitutional job, is comparative to the policy of a progressive president (FDR interned the Japanese). Yet will then praise FDR as one of the best presidents we’ve ever had. Nevermind he was a horrid racist that weaponized government agencies, and created a bloated bureaucracy that has not solved one issue it was created to solve. Progressives are just morons and every time they say the word “constitutional” it makes my skin crawl.

Blog Entries

It’s so much more though! You have Laura Bush saying these are like “internment camps”. That’s absurd! And if it was true, then her husband has just as much to answer for. It’s not, of course. I think my favorite part of the media right now is that they are knowingly lying by stating this is a “Trump Policy”. Now we have a Progressive media, claiming that the POTUS doing his constitutional job, is comparative to the policy of a progressive president (FDR interned the Japanese). Yet will then praise FDR as one of the best presidents we’ve ever had. Nevermind he was a horrid racist that weaponized government agencies, and created a bloated bureaucracy that has not solved one issue it was created to solve. Progressives are just morons and every time they say the word “constitutional” it makes my skin crawl.
    Seriously. Every chance they get they talk about what a dated document it is and we should start over, except when they want to twist it to fit something they'd like to accomplish.

Did you see those Congressmen (Democrats) knocking on the door and demanding entrance to a facility where the children were being held? Of course they had the camera crews along with them to record their holy deed for humanity. I wonder how many of these clowns would've been there if we weren't approaching a mid-term election
    Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Congress needs to stop using these moments for political capital and do their damn jobs. The reason why this happening is because they are not doing their job. Get in there and come to agreement on immigration.

Blog Entries

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I can sum my feelings up on this in a sentence: the illegal immigration problem needs to be fixed, but not at the cost that this is doing to the party, especially as we get closer to election season in the fall.

If you think the greater public perception doesn't matter, tell that to Roy Moore.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

12. Re: Immigration issue / facts vs feelings

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Did you see those Congressmen (Democrats) knocking on the door and demanding entrance to a facility where the children were being held? Of course they had the camera crews along with them to record their holy deed for humanity. I wonder how many of these clowns would've been there if we weren't approaching a mid-term election

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    It's funny......I didn't see those same Congress-persons go knocking down the doors to check at the VA to see how our Veterans are doing. Weird.