Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Preview of our future offense?

https://youtu.be/nQiUdak-HdY

Came across this 2010 Eagles vs Redskins Monday Night game and was pleasantly surprised at how the eagles offense looked with Marty Morninwegh at OC and Vick at QB... I realize this was just one game but if Marty can dust off that old playbook we might have an explosive offense for years to come.... I saw read option, designed rollouts to move the pocket, shotgun/under center inside and outside zone handoffs with play-action to match, RPOs, double reverses(when Maclin was actually good) bubble screens, HB screens, you name it. I can tell Marty has been held back by not having a mobile QB(Vick had a pro bowl season).

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team?season...ype=&Submit=Go

Eagles 2010 offense:
    Total yards: (2nd) 389.4
    Passing yards:(9th) 244.1
    Rushing yards:(5th)145.2

Re: Preview of our future offense?

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post

Came across this 2010 Eagles vs Redskins Monday Night game and was pleasantly surprised at how the eagles offense looked with Marty Morninwegh at OC and Vick at QB... I realize this was just one game but if Marty can dust off that old playbook we might have an explosive offense for years to come....
    Thanks for posting! That was a fun 1st Q to watch.

Those play calls tend to look better when DeSean Jackson & LeSean McCoy are running them, behind Pro Bowl LT Jason Peters and their other good players. I don't think Marty's Xs & Os were all THAT different last season, barring some conservative protecting of Joe in the first half of the season. I expect us to be good this year; though probably not quite as explosive as the linked vid.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Thanks for posting! That was a fun 1st Q to watch.

Those play calls tend to look better when DeSean Jackson & LeSean McCoy are running them, behind Pro Bowl LT Jason Peters and their other good players. I don't think Marty's Xs & Os were all THAT different last season, barring some conservative protecting of Joe in the first half of the season. I expect us to be good this year; though probably not quite as explosive as the linked vid.
    Hell yeah it sure was! Sometimes I forget how dangerous Vick actually was.

I agree, we don't have those weapons so I don't expect us to be nearly as explosive but I think we will be more explosive than people think. Can you imagine if we would have gotten that version of maclin?

Hell yeah it sure was! Sometimes I forget how dangerous Vick actually was.

I agree, we don't have those weapons so I don't expect us to be nearly as explosive but I think we will be more explosive than people think. Can you imagine if we would have gotten that version of maclin?
    Can you imagine what this offense will look like with Lamar at the helm? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Can you imagine what this offense will look like with Lamar at the helm? Lol
    Exactly bro. That's all I kept imagining lol... He just has to get down like Vick was doing in this game... Those plays where they moved the pocket and had Vick on a rollout just seemed unfair.... It was a first down pass or Vick could run for 8-15 every time....

Fun game to watch!

One takeaway I have is that the door is really wide open for Ken Dixon if the Ravens were to structure our offense similarly. With as many touches as Shady got in Marty's offense, I can see Dixon taking those short passes underneath the safeties and doing some damage. He definitely flashed the ability to do that in '16.

Love me some Alex Collins but that kind of role isn't a strength of his.

And Rocky McIntosh was awful after the Skins switched to 3-4. Though probably not any worse than Peanut or Correa. Sure hope we can find someone decent to fill that role this year. If we sub out to dime on 3rd downs, at least find someone who can tackle in 1st and 2nd downs.

As long as this isn't a preview of our
    "hurry up" offense

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    As long as this isn't a preview of our
    "hurry up" offense

Awww look at Flacco LOL

Exactly bro. That's all I kept imagining lol... He just has to get down like Vick was doing in this game... Those plays where they moved the pocket and had Vick on a rollout just seemed unfair.... It was a first down pass or Vick could run for 8-15 every time....
    Vick was incredible that night and I believe Lamar can have games like that moving forward, man I can’t wait for Lamar to take over lol.

Blog Entries

Came across this 2010 Eagles vs Redskins Monday Night game and was pleasantly surprised at how the eagles offense looked with Marty Morninwegh at OC and Vick at QB... I realize this was just one game but if Marty can dust off that old playbook we might have an explosive offense for years to come.... I saw read option, designed rollouts to move the pocket, shotgun/under center inside and outside zone handoffs with play-action to match, RPOs, double reverses(when Maclin was actually good) bubble screens, HB screens, you name it. I can tell Marty has been held back by not having a mobile QB(Vick had a pro bowl season).

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team?season...ype=&Submit=Go

Eagles 2010 offense:
    Total yards: (2nd) 389.4
    Passing yards:(9th) 244.1
    Rushing yards:(5th)145.2
    I remember that game....i believe it was raining....Vick was on fire.

I don't recall seeing any RPOs or true read-option.

Its hard to tease out what was Andy vs Marty but it sure is good to have weapons like DeSean and McCoy.

Ideally i want the offense to look more like the current Eagles though

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Vick was incredible that night and I believe Lamar can have games like that moving forward, man I can’t wait for Lamar to take over lol.
    How’s that whole eagle Vick thing end. I can’t remember was it one or two rings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    How’s that whole eagle Vick thing end. I can’t remember was it one or two rings?

Oh Hsit they never even won a playoff game