Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: RIP Sun Forums

Re: RIP Sun Forums

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Lord have mercy he's still around?!?!?
    better not be, he sucked

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Btw, for any of you guys that are O's fans and are looking for a new spot with the Sun shutting down, we've got an O's forum here: http://89232.activeboard.com/
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    toon face was kinda funny at times... lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I loved Toons posts. That was a funny bastard for the few words used.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    That was the guy who was also called 'locker combo' because one of his manifestations on that site was some number combination of Indianapolis Colts' players.
    He also showed up on WaPo reader comments to articles - same as ever. Have not seen him there recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Forums are dying in general so I'm not surprised. It's actually amazing this place is still as active as it is, especially after the past couple of seasons.

I posted there a lot back in the day before this place became my main hangout. It was a decent place, as far as my memory goes. If they never instituted the paywall I'd probably still be posting there. It was the best Orioles forum around in the mid-late 2000's, as far as I'm concerned.

Goodnight, sweet prince.

One of my funniest Sunspot Forum moments came at the expense of Moonie himself. The guy was so cheezy it wasn't funny. I was working at a job site in San Antonio back during the booming days of SunSpot forums, and Moonie was a local DJ who was making an afternoon "broadcasting live from" from an HEB store in the San Antonio burbs near where I was working. I couldn't contain myself so I headed over there and started heckling him from the parking lot every time he went on the air. He had no clue who I was at the time and looked rather bewildered (as did his 3 or 4 fans who actually showed up). A week or so later I admitted on the forum that it was me and he played dumb and said he never noticed the heckling. LOL.

RIP SUNSPOT.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    I loved Toons posts. That was a funny bastard for the few words used.
    I only liked him when he had a Johnny Bravo avatar.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

If Moon shows up, the Land of Verdite will know no peace.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Wow! It's been maybe three years since I have posted here? What's wrong with me? And ages since I have been on SunSpot.

I think I started as MallyMal over there before converting to Maelstrom. Used to trade banter and repartee with Beau Petard. Wrote an entire fake "AP story" about Room 222 being discovered by police and school maintenance workers in a dark, dank corner of the subbasement in Walt Whitman High School out in LA where he had a little internet troll setup going - bed, unshaded light bulb, computer and phone connection. A couple of people actually believed that one until knowledgeable posters let them in on the secret that Walt Whitman High School was the fictional school on the TV show, "Room 222". I'm not that smart but I can spin a tale.

Oldfan. Uh huh. He's the guy who saw more of the football field on his wide screen TV before HD was available, so all he really saw was a stretched out image. However, he claimed his ability to see more of the field led to his more insightful analysis of everything game day that the rest of us couldn't understand because "he saw more" than we did. A crotchety geezer who was very entertaining. We probably gave him more crap than we should have, but certainly less than he deserved.

I'll need to show up and post more often, although I'm usually only good for comic relief and not insightful analysis.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    Wow! It's been maybe three years since I have posted here?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Don't you ever post a picture of Keanu Reeves on here ever again. Unless he has shades on and we can't see that stupid look on his face.

Blog Entries

Unhappy Re: RIP Sun Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Looking for something shorter....
    I'm looking for something longer. Haven't found it yet... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Don't you ever post a picture of Keanu Reeves on here ever again. Unless he has shades on and we can't see that stupid look on his face.