Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. L. Jackson interview on NFL Network.

I dont know if anyone caught the NFL network interview of Lamar Jackson on the last day of mini camp, but he said all the right things. When asked what he's going to do during his time off until training camp, in a nutshell he said, get better, study the playbook, workout, get reps with receivers and bug the coaches. When asked if he was going to take some time off, his response was, "no, time off will make you complacent."

Gotta love that attitude.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Re: L. Jackson interview on NFL Network.

On a side note, I see a good season by his mentor Joe Flacco as he has already won a Super Bowl for us. I know that Jackson can be used on special offensive packages maybe even along with Flacco in there.

Those are great answers

Blog Entries

I'm always impressed by how smart LJ sounds when interviewed. It's not just all the right things. He truly seems to know the challenges that he faces and is is going to do what it takes to overcome. He's smart enough to know that he doesn't know much about playing the NFL at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'm always impressed by how smart LJ sounds when interviewed. It's not just all the right things. He truly seems to know the challenges that he faces and is is going to do what it takes to overcome. He's smart enough to know that he doesn't know much about playing the NFL at this point.
    Are you kidding me??!!?!? I always cringe when he speaks. You can tell how he is nervous;however he talks way to fast and soft. Say's the same words over and over again ("Cool") and did you see his Heisman speech?!?!? it was cringe worthy. Now I'm not saying I would do any better but if he is going to be the face of the franchise he needs to take some public speaking classes or something cause it is down right embarrassing at times. Now if he plays lights out and communicates well with his players/coaches; who cares how he is in front of the camera. But it would be nice to have the face of the franchise potentially be a little more well spoken.

Now I agree, he is saying the right things, but he needs to learn how to convey his message more clearly. I'm sure it comes with time.
    Last edited by jhoff66; 06-17-2018 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    Are you kidding me??!!?!? I always cringe when he speaks. You can tell how he is nervous;however he talks way to fast and soft. Say's the same words over and over again ("Cool") and did you see his Heisman speech?!?!? it was cringe worthy. Now I'm not saying I would do any better but if he is going to be the face of the franchise he needs to take some public speaking classes or something cause it is down right embarrassing at times. Now if he plays lights out and communicates well with his players/coaches; who cares how he is in front of the camera. But it would be nice to have the face of the franchise potentially be a little more well spoken.

Now I agree, he is saying the right things, but he needs to learn how to convey his message more clearly. I'm sure it comes with time.
    Lol I agree with this one. Lamar is the type to probably want to keep his helmet on when interviewed. He could have some anti-social qualities that could keep him out of trouble though.

He’ll get better as he gets older and acclimates himself to a professional media environment. By the way Flacco was very dull with the media for a long time, he’s still not Mr. Excitement but he’s more loose and vocal.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    He’ll get better as he gets older and acclimates himself to a professional media environment. By the way Flacco was very dull with the media for a long time, he’s still not Mr. Excitement but he’s more loose and vocal.
    Jackson is not dull though. He's hard to understand at times. Dude needs professional public speaking help.Would be able to market himself better if he did.

Jackson is not dull though. He's hard to understand at times. Dude needs professional public speaking help.Would be able to market himself better if he did.
    He will get the help he needs just be patient LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    He will get the help he needs just be patient LOL
    Did you get a job at public relations? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Did you get a job at public relations? Lol
    LOL it’s my part time gig Financial Advisor by day Lamar Jackson’s publicist by night or any other time outside of my regular work hours LOL

Blog Entries

The Ravens have a PR department that no doubt coaches guys through these things. Not at all concerned.