Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Moore

Chris Moore

https://www.pressboxonline.com/2018/...ng-strong-camp

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- On one of the first plays of 11-on-11 drills during Ravens minicamp June 13, wide receiver Chris Moore made a leaping grab along the right sideline and came down with the catch as he tapped his toes inbounds before falling to the ground. In a later drill, Moore caught what would have been about a 35-yard touchdown grab with a nice move down the middle of the field.

It was another strong performance for Moore, who has been one of the standouts this spring during the practices that have been open to the media. In an OTA workout in May, Moore came down with a gorgeous one-handed catch against Brandon Carr and made an acrobatic catch in the end zone during a red-zone drill.

Moore, a fourth-round pick out of Cincinnati in 2016, is trying to carve out his spot in the Ravens' revamped receiving corps. And while newcomers Michael Crabtree, John Brown and Willie Snead have captured a lot of the headlines this offseason for the way they are expected to inject energy and playmaking into the Ravens' offense, Moore is playing with confidence and has quietly impressed.

"The No. 1 thing is consistency," receivers coach Bobby Engram said after the June 13 workout. "Chris has always been talented, but I think the thing you see now is him consistently getting open and making the plays."

Moore played in just two of the first five games last season, but his role expanded as the season wore on. He finished the year with 18 catches for 248 yards and three touchdowns, most among returning receivers.

The Ravens made overhauling the wide receiver group a priority this offseason after finishing 29th in the league in passing and last in passing yards per play. The trio of new receivers were signed, while Jeremy Maclin was cut and Mike Wallace and Michael Campanaro became free agents and were not re-signed.

That leaves Moore, who turns 25 this month, as the most accomplished of the returning receivers, even more so than former first-round pick Breshad Perriman, who totaled just 10 catches for 77 yards last year. And unlike Perriman, Moore also is a factor on special teams; he averaged 26.6 yards on 13 kickoff returns last year, including an 87-yarder in the season finale, and was one of the punt team gunners; two of his receptions came on fake punts.

Moore might have been as upset as anyone that last season ended as abruptly as it did with a last-minute loss to the Cincinnati Bengals in Week 17, given the momentum he had generated during the previous month. But all indications are that he carried that momentum over to the offseason.

"I feel like I was getting in my groove, and I felt like I was getting very comfortable and just getting a feel for it [as last season ended]," Moore said after the June 12 workout. "So I feel like bigger things will come next year."

I know Perriman kind of ruined offseason excitement for us regarding receivers, but in Moores defense he showed up late last season and made some plays, coupled with a work ethic that clearly surpasses Perrimans. He also doesn't play the game like a fat puss like Perriman. We need all the depth we can get and I'm liking how the depth chart is looking. Preseason is gonna need to tell us some stories.

Re: Chris Moore

Oh so now nobody gives a shit huh

Blog Entries

There was a big Chris Moore discussion in the 7 WR thread. A lot weighed on this topic there.

But have they called Perriman a fat puss?

Blog Entries

Hasn't everyone at this point? Even Filth stopped pumping Perriman up

Blog Entries

I am still not sold on Moore. I think he is a depth and ST guy. However, I can say that dude works his ass off. He played like he wanted it, something Perriman didn't. I just dont think Moore has the talent to get it. But I do like his attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    https://www.pressboxonline.com/2018/...ng-strong-camp

I know Perriman kind of ruined offseason excitement for us regarding receivers, but in Moores defense he showed up late last season and made some plays, coupled with a work ethic that clearly surpasses Perrimans. He also doesn't play the game like a fat puss like Perriman. We need all the depth we can get and I'm liking how the depth chart is looking. Preseason is gonna need to tell us some stories.
    I'm not sure where bashing Perriman's work ethic is coming from. Certainly not reporting on the team. Bashing the results of that work on the other hand...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    I'm not sure where bashing Perriman's work ethic is coming from. Certainly not reporting on the team. Bashing the results of that work on the other hand...

His game from 2016 to 2017 is not indicative of a guy that worked that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    His game from 2016 to 2017 is not indicative of a guy that worked that hard.
    His game in 2016 was pretty reasonable for a guy playing his first season in the NFL. But you're saying we just discount all the reports of the extra work he was putting in from teammates because he freaks out in games? That seems disingenuous and weakens the legitimate argument that he's not a good receiver.

Let's see how he does when they stop playing flag football and they start hitting and covering for real.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Let's see how he does when they stop playing flag football and they start hitting and covering for real.
    That goes for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Same goes for Flacco