Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Seven WRs

Re: Seven WRs

I don't see a reason to keep 7 receivers. In the case of the Ravens, it won't be a problem because:

1. Someone will get hurt without having to resort to a phony IR assignment.
    2. With no obvious injuries at present, Perriman will be cut before the 3rd day of camp to avoid the roster bonus.

The WR position will be compressed with the large number of special teams contributors from the secondary where much tougher cuts are in the pipe. OL is another area with some tough cuts due to the team's lack of viable swing G/T.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Chris Moore seems to be picking up where he left off last year a little improvement is better than none. This kid works hard and just does whatever he is asked to do.
    He’s perfect for what he is and should be. Great special teamer back up 4th-5th receiver. What he should not be is a starting WR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    He’s perfect for what he is and should be. Great special teamer back up 4th-5th receiver. What he should not be is a starting WR
    I agree. Although Moore came on @ WR last year, and developed nicely, I don't see him as a starter. However, as Goode stated, as a #4 WR, along with his Special Teams skills, he has carved out a position on the 53-man roster... also keeping in mind we have him for (at least) two more years at a reasonable $ contract. Teams need players like him and I'm glad he's a Raven... Bc

Blog Entries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I disagree. I think Moore has the potential to be Mohammad Sanu. Moore is very physical and can win one on one matchups if his hands improve. Willie Snead is looking to the same thing but more through quickness than strength. Let Moore and Snead battle in camp and start whoever earns the job.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I disagree. I think Moore has the potential to be Mohammad Sanu. Moore is very physical and can win one on one matchups if his hands improve. Willie Snead is looking to the same thing but more through quickness than strength. Let Moore and Snead battle in camp and start whoever earns the job.
    I agree. I think Moore has shown enough that he could be a #3, maybe a #2. He came on last year after we wasted time trying to force things with Perriman and Maclin.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I think two seasons is a little bit early to write off a guy and assume he cannot emerge as more than a role player. The NFL is loaded with guys who took a few years to turn into the player they are today. Chris Moore has only 54 targets in two seasons. That's not a big enough sample size to say he can't become a #2 or #3 WR.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I think two seasons is a little bit early to write off a guy and assume he cannot emerge as more than a role player. The NFL is loaded with guys who took a few years to turn into the player they are today. Chris Moore has only 54 targets in two seasons. That's not a big enough sample size to say he can't become a #2 or #3 WR.
    You put your finger on it. Moore deserves a lot of targets this summer. There is no reason to pre-judge his ceiling. If he is better than Brown and Lasley, then he should be our top deep threat. I'm assuming Perriman will be gone, of course.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

No way we keep 7 WRs, rather go with 3 QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    If I am not mistaken, the Ravens kept 6 WRs last year. But they also only kept 2 QBs. So if they keep Flacco, Griffin and Jackson, I find it unlikely they will keep 7 WRs. That would mean a reduction of 2 players from other positions as compared to last season.

I think Scott is more on the bubble than Lasley because he seems to only bring redundancy to the table, but preseason hasn't even started yet. It's probably better to wait for the games to see what's going on there.
    They should not keep 3 Qbs unless one of the Qbs is banged up. Griffin was out of football all of last year. No need to protect him by keeping him on the roster. They only kept two QBs when Tyrod Taylor was a rookie they should be able to do the same thing this year. Ravens have a ton of guys that could develop as starters and contribute as special teamers right away. Rather keep those guys on the roster rather than a QB that should never see the field. I don't know if that roster spot goes to a WR or a LB or another spot but RGIII would be a waste of a roster spot.

Blog Entries

Crab, Smoke, Snead, Moore, Scott, Lasley.

barring injury, those 6 are set in stone. they will not carry 7, even with 2 QBs, because white really is only a RS, and we have other STs players that offer more. Whites biggest contribution, Snead and Moore can handle, while offering much more elsewhere.
    -JAB

I think White is PS eligible. If so, I think it's unlikely he gets poached to somebody's 53 at the beginning of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Moore: ascending talent at WR, special team (D) ace, special teams (returner) ace. What more do you want -- reps at ILB? I'm a Moore fan.
    If he can cover a te, yes.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk