• Crabtree
    • Snead
    • Smokey Brown
    • Chris Moore
    • Jaleel Scott
    • Jordan Lasley
    • Tim White

Right?

I think in prior years we've only kept 6. So to me that raises two questions:

1. Does 11 have any prayer of making the team? (I think not)
    2. Do the Ravens keep all 7? Because for the first time in living memory, we seem to have 7 worth keeping.

And if we don't keep 7, who misses the cut? Tim White? A draft pick?
    (I've been seeing Lasley's name a lot in reports from OTA's and minicamp; he seems to be Lamar's favorite receiver. Haven't seen much about Scott.)

If they all stay healthy thru the first weeks of training camp (knock wood), do the Ravens stash one on IR with like turf toe or shoulder sprain or something?

Re: Seven WRs

He could possibly make it over White but white could be a special teams contribution.. so we either keep 7 or hes outta here.

White and Lasley need to have ST value. I do doubt Lasley gets cut so fi they go six it's going to be a comp between Lasley and White. White being a PR guy and Campy being gone will be the competition. White will also compete with Moore.

White has his work cut out for him.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    If they all stay healthy thru the first weeks of training camp (knock wood), do the Ravens stash one on IR with like turf toe or shoulder sprain or something?
    If the WR corps doesn't suffer any "legitimate" preseason injuries, I'd almost say this a a likely outcome. I say this because I believe the Ravens will only carry six rather than seven WR on the final 53. Whichever of Scott or Lasley does NOT provide special teams contributions could be in the Phantom IR Crosshairs.

Tim White is going to need to really impress consistently in preseason to make the 53.

I think Perriman is gone.

Last edited by trailhiker85; 06-14-2018 at 02:33 PM.

If I am not mistaken, the Ravens kept 6 WRs last year. But they also only kept 2 QBs. So if they keep Flacco, Griffin and Jackson, I find it unlikely they will keep 7 WRs. That would mean a reduction of 2 players from other positions as compared to last season.

I think Scott is more on the bubble than Lasley because he seems to only bring redundancy to the table, but preseason hasn't even started yet. It's probably better to wait for the games to see what's going on there.

Barring injury, Crab, Smokey, Snead are 100% locks. I think Moore is a 90% lock, too -- he's good on special teams and a kickoff returner. So there's either 2 or 3 spots open. The remaining guys will have to show their value to the team beyond just WR depth. White as a punt returner. Scott as a red zone threat. Lasley as a deep threat.

I think Perriman's only chance is to really ball out and hope that one of the other guys screws up. Otherwise, he is likely gone.

Blog Entries

As frustrating as I think Lasley is going to be to watch, I would gladly take him over Perriman.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Crabtree
    Snead
    Chris Moore
    Jaleel Scott

Jordan Lasley - sleeper?...secret? i think this kid is gonna surprise......beast

Smokey Brown or Tim White not both......outside chance....i mean..waaaaaaayyyyy outside....if both struggle and Perriman shines then Perriman in this spot

Blog Entries

I think they'll keep 6 WR's, but I see Jaleel Scott going on IR. Jordan Lasley has been making plays here and there and he seems like he has the personality to make some contributions when asked. I also am really hopeful that Tim White could be a player.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Little chance that 7 roster spots will go to WRs. There's a greater likelihood of having 4 TEs and/or 3QBs.

One or two of this group will hopefully get red-shirted via IR or failing that: practice squad.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Jordan Lasley has been making plays here and there and he seems like he has the personality to make some contributions when asked.
    He also seems to have some kind of rapport with LJ. If I were the Ravens, that alone might be enough for me to want to keep him on the roster.

Blog Entries

Someone gets “hurt” and stashed on IR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk