Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Seven WRs

Blog Entries

Re: Seven WRs

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I think two seasons is a little bit early to write off a guy and assume he cannot emerge as more than a role player. The NFL is loaded with guys who took a few years to turn into the player they are today. Chris Moore has only 54 targets in two seasons. That's not a big enough sample size to say he can't become a #2 or #3 WR.
    The Ravens track record drafting wr's is hurting his perception in this case. We've seen this story every year for the last 18 years. Yet the only one that has emerged to have staying power in the NFL is Torrey Smith. Who at his best was a number 2 and now is a depth player.

What if we keep 2QBs? Do you go with 7 WR then?

Back in 2010, Marc Bulger was the backup to Flacco. In 2011 they moved on to Tyrod Taylor. However, I seem to remember that there was discussion that if Flacco went down for any length of time, Bulger would be back.. that they had a gentleman's agreement to that effect.

What about something similar with RGIII? Maybe even bring him on as a special assistant to work with Lamar. That would put him in the QB room, give him access to game planning, the facility, etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by perryw9202 View Post

Back in 2010, Marc Bulger was the backup to Flacco. In 2011 they moved on to Tyrod Taylor. However, I seem to remember that there was discussion that if Flacco went down for any length of time, Bulger would be back.. that they had a gentleman's agreement to that effect.

What about something similar with RGIII? Maybe even bring him on as a special assistant to work with Lamar. That would put him in the QB room, give him access to game planning, the facility, etc.
    Yup, if not RG they could pick up another vet if Flacco had to miss significant time

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Here are some numbers the Ravens will have to deal with :

3 QBs ?
    7 WRs ?
    4 TEs ?

... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by perryw9202 View Post

I don’t see RGIII sitting out there if all goes according to plan.

My guess is that he signed here because he knew he would have a chance to get a lot on film in training camp, especially with the extra preseason game. If he performs at all well, and shows to be a good teammate and mentor, someone will bring him in as a backup, or possibly even with a chance to compete for a starting job. We forget how desperate teams are for QBs. Griffin is still young (unlike Bulger was) and is trying to reinvent himself in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post

My guess is that he signed here because he knew he would have a chance to get a lot on film in training camp, especially with the extra preseason game. If he performs at all well, and shows to be a good teammate and mentor, someone will bring him in as a backup, or possibly even with a chance to compete for a starting job. We forget how desperate teams are for QBs. Griffin is still young (unlike Bulger was) and is trying to reinvent himself in the league.

The Ravens may also see him a potential back-up to LJ in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The Ravens may also see him a potential back-up to LJ in 2019.
    True, but my point is that if they want to do that, they will have to keep 3 QBs this year. If RGIII has a good camp, someone will scoop him up if we let him go.

"Chin up, chest out."

It would be great to see Chris Moore excel this season.
    With the path that he's on (serviceable, but not particularly productive through 2 seasons), it's unlikely that he'll see a high volume of targets, let alone, break-out.

Moore has 25 / 294 / 3 to-date.

If you pad that to 40 / 400 / 4 and query back to 2009 to capture a WR's first two seasons as a part-time starter (25% of games) using...

For combined seasons, from 2009 to 2017, from 1st to 2nd season, played WR, drafted as WR,
    requiring Receptions <= 40, Receiving Yds <= 400, Receiving TD <= 4
    and Games Started <= 8, sorted by descending Receptions

...you get http://pfref.com/tiny/1XCRv ; which at the high-end contains Paul Richardson (one WR2 season in 2017), Harry Douglas (one WR2 season in 2013) and Quincy Enunwa (one WR2 season in 2016).

I'm sure there are some legit arguments, but just about everyone else in the top 60 is pretty much 'meh' or a dud.

Jordy Nelson is there, however, as an extreme outlier. He didn't do much over his first three seasons.
    And to have fun with that, we can say that if LJ is a HoF-type QB (like Aaron Rodgers turned out to be) then Chris Moore's peak potential is 2-3 Pro Bowl caliber seasons (just like Jordy).
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post

He is going to be the 3rd QB in the pre season. Last year people were complaining about the lack of snaps for woodrum(sp). This year their will be even less snaps for the #3 guy. LJ needs and should get a ton of preseason snaps. He should and probably will play more than half of each pre season game. RG3 sat out for an entire season. Getting some mop up snaps against UPS delivery guys at the end of pre season games is not going to make him attractive to other teams.

Blog Entries

Trade RG to the Bucs. ;-)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    He is going to be the 3rd QB in the pre season. Last year people were complaining about the lack of snaps for woodrum(sp). This year their will be even less snaps for the #3 guy. LJ needs and should get a ton of preseason snaps. He should and probably will play more than half of each pre season game. RG3 sat out for an entire season. Getting some mop up snaps against UPS delivery guys at the end of pre season games is not going to make him attractive to other teams.
    Joe will get very little time in the HoF game and the last game. There will be plenty of snaps for Bob. He probably will get some time with/against the ones. Bit even if he doesn’t, NFL scouts know how to evaluate film, even if it’s against UPS drivers. How is he moving? How accurate are his passes? How is his decision-making?

They will also find out if he had been a good teammate and mentor— something he has had problems with in the past.

If he passes those tests, he’s a better option than at least half the backups in the NFL right now (and possibly a few starters.) And he won’t be the backup here, so my bet is he ends up elsewhere unless we keep three QBs.

"Chin up, chest out."

12. Re: Seven WRs

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Trade RG to the Bucs. ;-)
    And keep him away from the Uber drivers!!