Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Mini-Camp Starts today

"Ravens wide receiver John Brown is not practicing Wednesday. Brown hurt his knee during Tuesday’s practice but it didn’t appear serious because he never left the field"

good thing they drafted jackson so he can fill in once Brown goes down with a season ending injry

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravenous View Post
    Jimmy Smith back on the practice field, six months after tearing his Achilles.

Say what you want about his injury history - that man is not normal in his ability to recover from injury.
    Well, he did serve a 4 game suspension for PEDs while on IR last season, maybe that helped? I'm glad to have him back -- I just hope he's not rushing anything. 100% healthy Smith, Humphrey, and Tavon Young (in the slot) would be best CB combo in the division, with Carr, Canady, and Averett as solid depth.

Quote Originally Posted by ravens82 View Post
    Well, he did serve a 4 game suspension for PEDs while on IR last season, maybe that helped? I'm glad to have him back -- I just hope he's not rushing anything. 100% healthy Smith, Humphrey, and Tavon Young (in the slot) would be best CB combo in the division, with Carr, Canady, and Averett as solid depth.
    That failed drug test happened before he got hurt.

There is no way he would be on the field at this point if he was not healthy enough. I also believe they said he is doing individual training off to the side. They would not rush him into anything at this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    That failed drug test happened before he got hurt.
    I believe it was almost coincident with his getting hurt. He was on IR all four games of his suspension. He had achilles soreness prior to the tear -- he may have tried something questionable in order to try and deal with the soreness.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    There is no way he would be on the field at this point if he was not healthy enough. I also believe they said he is doing individual training off to the side. They would not rush him into anything at this time of year.
    He must be pretty far along. Harbs would not risk the only Ravens CB that can match up one-on-one with the likes of Antonio Brown or AJ Green (though Humphrey may become that guy).

He must be pretty far along. Harbs would not risk the only Ravens CB that can match up one-on-one with the likes of Antonio Brown or AJ Green (though Humphrey may become that guy).
    humphrey was that guy last year. He blanketed AB all game in Pittsburgh until Dean Peas inexplicably decided to put carr on an island with AB

Jeff Zrebiec

@jeffzrebiec
    30m30 minutes ago
    More
    Weddle: “I think Joe (Flacco) is obviously a step ahead of those guys.” Added that “it’s going to take some time” for Lamar Jackson but was effusive about talent and excitement he brings.

0 replies 2 retweets 3 likes
    Reply Retweet 2 Like 3

Jeff Zrebiec

@jeffzrebiec
    33m33 minutes ago
    More
    Eric Weddle said that it’s obvious that the drafting of Lamar Jackson and the signing of RG3 has “lit a fire under” Flacco. “He’s been challenged,” Weddle said.

I believe it was almost coincident with his getting hurt. He was on IR all four games of his suspension. He had achilles soreness prior to the tear -- he may have tried something questionable in order to try and deal with the soreness.
    He had been notified earlier in the season of his failed test and appealed, which meant the suspension was delayed. After getting hurt, he dropped the appeal to serve the suspension while on IR.

Explains the timing and yes, perhaps he took something extra to try and recover the partial tear.

Quote Originally Posted by crabcakes View Post
    humphrey was that guy last year. He blanketed AB all game in Pittsburgh until Dean Peas inexplicably decided to put carr on an island with AB
    All I remember is Carr getting toasted by Brown repeatedly down the stretch. I don't recall Humphrey covering Brown much -- if he was really blanketing Brown, even a dummy like Pees would have switched him with Carr.

All I remember is Carr getting toasted by Brown repeatedly down the stretch. I don't recall Humphrey covering Brown much -- if he was really blanketing Brown, even a dummy like Pees would have switched him with Carr.
    Dont quote me, but I think he'd allowed 1 catch on 6 targets, or 6 total yards while covering Brown (I remember the #6 for some reason) before Peas decided that was working too well and switched to Carr.....on an island

Ok, found an article. Humphrey gave up 2 catches for 7 yards while covering Brown (no clue where the 6 came from now)

http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-r...fourth-quarter