Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Mini-Camp Starts today

Quote Originally Posted by PainServer52 View Post
    No surprise on Alex Lewis. I don't know how a lot of people on this board pencil this guy in as a starter
    Most of them that do, do so with a caveat that he would have to be healthy.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Great, let's just expose the future Franchise QB to even MORE hits. Furthermore, how about we let the young man learn QB first. He was a very good college player, but learning QB in the NFL is very different. Even for QBs coming out of Pro-style offenses.
    He's wearing the red jersey no matter where he lines up. No one is hitting any QB

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    ESPN's Jamison Hensley reports Breshad Perriman has struggled with drops this offseason.

Hensley reports Perriman has dropped a pass in every practice open to the media so far this offseason. It is certainly not a new problem for the former first-rounder, but it is disappointing all the same. Due a $649,485 roster bonus on the third day of camp, it would not be surprising if the Ravens cut Perriman sometime in the next month.
    The Ravens should just cut their losses here and save $1.6M in cap space. Jordan Lasley will cost the Ravens about 1/3rd of that and can already do what Perriman does - run fast and drop passes. Plus, Lasley still has an opportunity to correct his flaws. Perriman is well past that point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crabcakes View Post
    https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/s...96351575109633

"The Baltimore Ravens don't view a quarterback controversy between Joe Flacco and Lamar Jackson.

The Ravens see it as an opportunity for quarterback creativity.

Throughout the offseason, Baltimore has been putting Flacco and Jackson on the field at the same time. With Flacco playing quarterback, Jackson has lined up at multiple positions."
    This isn't the route I thought they would take when they planned to get Lamar on the field, especially considering that Lamar since according to Lamar he can't catch.

I like the idea below better.
    Evan Silva

@evansilva

Would love to see #Ravens just take Bobby Petrino's playbook to the Xerox machine, give Lamar Jackson everything he had in college & roll him out there Week 1.
    Build packages with him at QB that emphasize the things he did well in college EXCECEPT mix in more Run-Pass Options because Petrino didn't use them.

Also, its important to keep things in perspective.
    It was a mini-camp session open to the media...….how much are they really gonna show?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    This isn't the route I thought they would take when they planned to get Lamar on the field, especially considering that Lamar since according to Lamar he can't catch.
    Why not? They love pass catchers that can't......well, CATCH.

Blog Entries

As athletic as Lamar is, I HIGHLY doubt he cannot catch...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    The Ravens should just cut their losses here and save $1.6M in cap space. Jordan Lasley will cost the Ravens about 1/3rd of that and can already do what Perriman does - run fast and drop passes. Plus, Lasley still has an opportunity to correct his flaws. Perriman is well past that point.
    I agree. Some might think $1.6 mil is not significant, but for a team that's up against the cap, every dollar helps. Plus Perriman is in his "walk" year, no way we're going to pick up the 5th year option, so IMO his presence just takes up a space on the 53 man roster. That's a space someone (anyone!) more deserving, who can be developed, should occupy... Bc

9. Re: Mini-Camp Starts today

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Spot-on. If Merriman somehow cashes that $600k roster bonus, his blessed-up tweet should be epic.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    He's wearing the red jersey no matter where he lines up. No one is hitting any QB
    Pretty sure Ex meant he'll be exposed to hits when they get into the preseason and regular season. He's got a point. They're going to look really stupid if Jackson tears up his knee like RG3 did before he ever even becomes the starting QB.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Jimmy Smith back on the practice field, six months after tearing his Achilles.

Say what you want about his injury history - that man is not normal in his ability to recover from injury.

12. Re: Mini-Camp Starts today

"Baltimore Ravens cornerback Jimmy Smith was a surprise participant on the second day of mandatory minicamp."

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk