Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: OT: World Cup (2018 and 2026)

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Vancouver is incredible. Wife loves it too.
    I don't care who's in the pool that plays there--we're there.

Wife has been to Banff and loved it.
    I want to check it out like yesterday, but hopefully before 2026.
    If not, a pool in Calgary will definitely bring us there. No question.
    Vancouver pulled out.

Venues in Canada are in Montreal, Toronto and Edmonton (EDMONTON!?!?!?!? WTF)

Super unfortunate. Basically Vancouver said they lost too much money or some shit during the 2010 olympics and didn't wnt to be a part of it. I'd have to look that up but that's what someone at work said.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

The Premier of BC didn't wanna be apart of it:

In March, B.C. backed out of the North American bid to host the world’s largest sporting event, citing cost concerns, with Premier John Horgan saying he isn’t willing to hand over a “blank cheque” to FIFA at the expense of taxpayers. - http://vancouversun.com/news/local-n...ng-host-cities

Even though the 2015 women's world cup brought BC alone like 115M in economic benefits. People were not happy with the Premier's decision.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Vancouver pulled out.

Venues in Canada are in Montreal, Toronto and Edmonton (EDMONTON!?!?!?!? WTF)

Super unfortunate. Basically Vancouver said they lost too much money or some shit during the 2010 olympics and didn't wnt to be a part of it. I'd have to look that up but that's what someone at work said.
    Oh isht. That's unfortunate, I missed that completely lol.

Montreal works for sure, but not feeling Edmonton at all.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Oh isht. That's unfortunate, I missed that completely lol.

Montreal works for sure, but not feeling Edmonton at all.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    I only like Montreal because it's 1.5 hours from where I live lol. But yeah Edmonton was just the only ones that stepped up.

A lot of the stadiums in Canada would have to be renovated. Montreal will use the Olympic Stadium which holds like 70k and Edmonton has Commonwealth which can hold 56k, but Toronto will use BMO FIeld where TFC plays and it's only going to hodl like 45k.

All of the American sites are like 60-70. Toronto is shockingly small.

Ottawa's stadium, where the Fury play only held 51k for the Grey Cup so I'm really disappointed Ottawa didn't get involved, but I also assume they wanted 3 cities and Toronto and Montreal won out.

This is what pisses me off about Canada. Montreal would win over Ottawa 10 times out of 10 because the french people would be pissed if Ottawa and Toronto won over Montreal and Toronto. Stupid.
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Well, Russia laid the smackdown on Saudi Arabia today.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well, Russia laid the smackdown on Saudi Arabia today.
    Now imagine some more teams like that from Asia when 2026 comes about with the 48 teams format. There'll be some rugby scores for sure

Blog Entries

Who in the hell does Antoine Griezmann think he is?!! That no good, ungrateful!.............
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Ha ha ha just came home from a concert and saw the news. Best news for Real all week lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by horus13 View Post
    Ha ha ha just came home from a concert and saw the news. Best news for Real all week lol
    Well I hope that Griezmann enjoys finishing second in the league, because Barcelona is going to use that money to bring in a midfielder and rip the league to shreds.

Blog Entries

The difference in quality between Morocco vs. Iran and Spain vs. Portugal, is glaring.

Ronaldo is having a heck of a match so far. Even though the pressure and butterflies are getting to the rest of Portugal's front, they are up on a PK and look to be in control of things. They are very organized.

Blog Entries

Of course, right after I type that, Diego Costa puts one in.

Blog Entries

Ronaldo is probably one of the most self-absorbed, attention hogging arrogant players in the history of sports.........................................but the man is clutch. Period.