Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Re: OT: World Cup (2018 and 2026)

Poland's been a huge disappointment, but 8th is rated way too high for this team.

Lewandowski is one of the best strikers in the world, but other than that not too mny premier guys. Solid defenders, good keeper, but Zilienski, Milik and Linetty all need a breakout.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Just shows rankings have no base when all that matters is what happens on the grass.
    Columbia vs Senegal is gonna be a good game. Whoever wins might get the chance to trump England in the last 16...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Well thats the rumour anyway. He and messi dont get on so messi told the coach not to pick him
    Well from the looks of things Messi doesn't even want the coach.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by horus13 View Post
    Yep, that's how I heard it too.
    Apparently four changes in their first team for the Nigeria game. The goalie's gone, Aguero on the bench with Higuain in, Di Maria and Banega to play with Acuna and Perez out.
    I still don't get it why not playing Aguero and Higuain from word go when the most scenarios for them qualifying work on scoring shit loads of goals.
    Is the Manager out yet? There was talk that he might not even make it to the third group stage match.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    They have never lost a World Cup match in pool play. They went 1W, 2D in 2002, and are 1W, 1D in 2018. Almost all their players play for a team in a French league.
    I would be great to seem them advance in the World Cup with all of that success to get them to the point where they are now. They could become a soccer hot-spot after the cup if they advance a few rounds.

Blog Entries

Footballs coming home!!!!

Blog Entries

Leachisabeast is going to be insufferable now...............

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Footballs coming home!!!!
    Yep, two loses to Belgium and Columbia/Senegal will do just that to England.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Leachisabeast is going to be insufferable now...............
    You need a lot more from harry kane if you want to win. Can't rely on set pieces and pens all tournament

Blog Entries

Yep, two loses to Belgium and Columbia/Senegal will do just that to England.
    England should rest starters vs Belgium as 2nd place would be a more favourable path. If they played Senegal or Colombia, they would be favourites to beat either of them imo.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    England should rest starters vs Belgium as 2nd place would be a more favourable path. If they played Senegal or Colombia, they would be favourites to beat either of them imo.
    I don't think they want to play Columbia. Eith that pace behind the ball, they'll shred England's defence to pieces.
    Plus as arnie said, if a team wraps up Kane, there won't be much fun to watch them anyway. Columbia showed they can take out a world class striker and make him look pedestrian.

Blog Entries

I don't think they want to play Columbia. Eith that pace behind the ball, they'll shred England's defence to pieces.
    Plus as arnie said, if a team wraps up Kane, there won't be much fun to watch them anyway. Columbia showed they can take out a world class striker and make him look pedestrian.
    Jesse Lingard is having quite a tournament aswell tbf