Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Re: OT: World Cup (2018 and 2026)

Coutinho is a beast

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Coutinho is a beast
    Yep, and he's going to be a beast for Barca in the Champions League next year too.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I keep Messi, Aguero and Higuain. Everybody else................................................
    I don't know really. Icardi is way better, right now, than Higuain and he wasn't taken to Russia. With Messi in their game plan is always predictable. Modric said so too, all they had to do was to stop the passes to reach Messi. And why on earth ypu don't play your best two strikers when playing from behind? Might be better to just leave the team without a manager for now and have an older player take charge similat to Spain.

I absolutely loathe South American teams. They fall down, they flail their arms, they cry for penalties, totally embarrassing to the sport. I understand that goes on to some extent, but "some extent" is not their standard. Players and teams who where not even expected to make the World Cup play the hardest which I respect. Watching the theatrics drives me insane.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by horus13 View Post
    I don't know really. Icardi is way better, right now, than Higuain and he wasn't taken to Russia. With Messi in their game plan is always predictable. Modric said so too, all they had to do was to stop the passes to reach Messi. And why on earth ypu don't play your best two strikers when playing from behind? Might be better to just leave the team without a manager for now and have an older player take charge similat to Spain.
    Well I heard that Messi wasn't happy that Icardi was left off.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    I absolutely loathe South American teams. They fall down, they flail their arms, they cry for penalties, totally embarrassing to the sport. I understand that goes on to some extent, but "some extent" is not their standard. Players and teams who where not even expected to make the World Cup play the hardest which I respect. Watching the theatrics drives me insane.
    As a team, Italy is well-known for flopping in World Cups. I'm so glad they didn't qualify. As for players, Lucas Hernandez of France has been one of the worst offenders this Cup. He even admitted to the press of exaggerating in order to gain advantage against Australia. FIFA needs to have an embellishment penalty like the NHL does.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    As a team, Italy is well-known for flopping in World Cups. I'm so glad they didn't qualify. As for players, Lucas Hernandez of France has been one of the worst offenders this Cup. He even admitted to the press of exaggerating in order to gain advantage against Australia. FIFA needs to have an embellishment penalty like the NHL does.
    Wow. Poor sportsmanship. I think as fans we expect more from world-class athletes. On a related note, I think that the NFL WR position is starting to go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well I heard that Messi wasn't happy that Icardi was left off.
    Where were you getting your info?

He's not in the squad because he and messi don't get along

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    Wow. Poor sportsmanship. I think as fans we expect more from world-class athletes. On a related note, I think that the NFL WR position is starting to go that route.
    I agree. The NFL WR is generally my go-to when people start arguing about soccer players taking dives and yelling for free kicks.

I don't know who he is but I really like the older Spanish\Latino guy commentating the Mexico\Korea game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Where were you getting your info?

He's not in the squad because he and messi don't get along
    I must have him confused with someone else then.

A lot of the favorites are falling flat this year.

I just saw Germany and Sweden tied 1-1. If Germany loses they're eliminated.