Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Re: OT: World Cup (2018 and 2026)

I don't know how I feel about this current Germany team just yet.. but scoring on the 95th minute with a man down shows some serious grit. Mexico would be lucky to beat them twice.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It's a schematic issue. There are eleven players on the pitch. When you focus your formation and movement around one player when you don't have to, it limits the potential of the entire team. Argentina does it out of necessity. Brazil does it, simply, because Neymar is their best player. There's a difference. Furthermore, he's not fully fit. That makes such focus on him a detriment.
    That may be true but Neymar is top 3 in the entire world there is no way they are better without him. A better argument would be that they are a better team when they play purely fundamentally.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    That may be true but Neymar is top 3 in the entire world there is no way they are better without him. A better argument would be that they are a better team when they play purely fundamentally.
    Which they play without him far more than they do with him.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I really don't think it's just South American teams.
    I agree with that.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

You're talking about the player. I'm talking about the team as a whole. You can have the best pass rusher in the world, but if the Defensive Coordinator only asks him to drop back in coverage, no matter how good he is at rushing the passer, you are better without him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I must have him confused with someone else then.
    Well thats the rumour anyway. He and messi dont get on so messi told the coach not to pick him

Man - gotta love Senegal's energy -all smiles and bounce. I appreciate their attitude and candor, they are obviously just happy to be on a world stage. They are definitely my underdog team to support.

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    Man - gotta love Senegal's energy -all smiles and bounce. I appreciate their attitude and candor, they are obviously just happy to be on a world stage. They are definitely my underdog team to support.
    They have never lost a World Cup match in pool play. They went 1W, 2D in 2002, and are 1W, 1D in 2018. Almost all their players play for a team in a French league.
    Last edited by alien bird; 06-24-2018 at 01:14 PM.

For the 8th ranked team in the world, Poland has looked like garbage this World Cup. They've got 45 minutes to get their heads out of their asses or be eliminated by a fairly decent Colombia team who looks like they actually want to win.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Well thats the rumour anyway. He and messi dont get on so messi told the coach not to pick him
    Yep, that's how I heard it too.
    Apparently four changes in their first team for the Nigeria game. The goalie's gone, Aguero on the bench with Higuain in, Di Maria and Banega to play with Acuna and Perez out.
    I still don't get it why not playing Aguero and Higuain from word go when the most scenarios for them qualifying work on scoring shit loads of goals.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    For the 8th ranked team in the world, Poland has looked like garbage this World Cup. They've got 45 minutes to get their heads out of their asses or be eliminated by a fairly decent Colombia team who looks like they actually want to win.
    Poland is the 8th ranked team in the world?!?

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Poland is the 8th ranked team in the world?!?
    https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-rank...men/index.html

And yet, here they are, eliminated by Colombia.