Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 535455

Re: OT: World Cup (2018 and 2026)

Quote Originally Posted by horus13 View Post
    I believe he already is known as that... guven the price tag that was oaid for him
    Youth has a lot to do with that. Barcelona did the same thing with Bojan some eons ago. He was supposed to be the man..

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Only two players on France's roster were not born in France, although 16 of the 23 players have parents who are foreign-born and migrated to France. Samuel Umtiti was born in Cameroon, Steve Mandanda in the Democratic Republic of Congo. It's not unusual. Over 10% of the World Cup rosters have foreign-born players. Croatia had twice as many foreign-born players on their roster, but their parents are all Bosnian Croats: Ivan Rakitić (Switzerland), Dejan Lovren (Bosnia and Herzegovina), Mateo Kovačić (Austria), Vedran Ćorluka (Bosnia and Herzegovina). 29 French-born players represented either Morocco, Tunisia, Senegal, Portugal or Argentina. That means 50 players in the World Cup were born in France, since 21 of France's 23 were French-born.
    I see. So I got Baldy'd. Apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    That's a hilarious verb lol.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Youth has a lot to do with that. Barcelona did the same thing with Bojan some eons ago. He was supposed to be the man..
    Yeah I dont think you can consider Mbappe one of the greatest of all time yet.

Does he have that potential? Absolutely.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    None necessary. I thought the same thing so I looked it up out of curiousity.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Pretty much all of those players were all born in France. The few that weren't, french territories. No issue here.. African ancestry is not uncommon in France

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Lol no kidding I expect Mbappe to be known as one of the best in the world by that time
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Yeah I dont think you can consider Mbappe one of the greatest of all time yet.

Does he have that potential? Absolutely.
    the initial statement was "one of the best in the world", which he already is as per my first reply - I believe he was voted third best player at the World Cup (behind Modric and Griezmann)
    there was no talk about him being the "top dog right now" or "one of the greatest of all time"

i don't think he'll reach Zidane's level if he doesn't move to a better team (one of the top in Spain or England), but he'll definitely be fun to watch in his further development

Blog Entries

Which he may actually do this transfer window. For Madrid to come out and declare that they are not interested in Neymar, I have to believe they are waiting to pounce on a financial fairplay opportunity and land Mbappe.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore