Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lewis At Center

Lewis At Center

I knew this was coming they not paying Hurst that money to be on the sideline. They know he is a back up tackle not a starter They just didn't wanna come out and say they are gonna hand brown the job. The line up of Stanley, Hurst, Lewis, Yanda, and Brown(Sounds like a law firm) gives us our best starting line up.

Blog Entries

Re: Lewis At Center

I figured they'd give Lewis snaps at center. His height is what concerns me. He's tall and lanky.

I still think Skura will push him for reps.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I dont think he looks like a C. He does have pretty good athleticsm so he may be okay at creating leverage for himself (He's decently "bendy").
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

they always move pieces around this time of year. I like giving him snaps but Harbaugh also said, they want their reserve Gs to be able to be reserve Cs so getting snaps is necessary even if he doesnt ultimately see him there.

I think Skura is similar size, but more compact and will ultimately win that spot.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I still think Lewis at RT makes a lot more sense than Lewis at C.

Guess they really must believe Zeus Jr. is going to be able to start at RT this year. Definitely possible.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    they always move pieces around this time of year. I like giving him snaps but Harbaugh also said, they want their reserve Gs to be able to be reserve Cs so getting snaps is necessary even if he doesnt ultimately see him there.

I think Skura is similar size, but more compact and will ultimately win that spot.
    Yep - they'll tinker with a lot of different looks for a while

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    I knew this was coming they not paying Hurst that money to be on the sideline. They know he is a back up tackle not a starter They just didn't wanna come out and say they are gonna hand brown the job. The line up of Stanley, Hurst, Lewis, Yanda, and Brown(Sounds like a law firm) gives us our best starting line up.
    ice, Lewis IMO due to injury (2 years) will be a back-up on our Oline. While I know he has talent, Skura should be given 1st priority @ Center. Also keep in mind we drafted Bozeman (6th round out of Alabama). The other four you noted should give us a solid wings, although the jury is out on O. Brown, so Center is the center of controversy... Bc

What's most important is if Lewis can handle the snaps and direct the O-Line blocking. He does that well, we won't worry about his being "big" for center. At least not while 6'6" Joe Flacco is throwing.

Well hey, if the Ravens are playing around with OL arrangements, I'd rather see Yanda at center and Lewis at guard, (with the assumption that Zeus Jr is RT)

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    ice, Lewis IMO due to injury (2 years) will be a back-up on our Oline. While I know he has talent, Skura should be given 1st priority @ Center. Also keep in mind we drafted Bozeman (6th round out of Alabama). The other four you noted should give us a solid wings, although the jury is out on O. Brown, so Center is the center of controversy... Bc
    Your right about Lewis and his injury history it def concerns me. I think Boz may be practice squad. If Lewis is not the center i don't think he will start

Who do people think is the better player -- Hurst or Lewis? I say Lewis all day from what I've seen, but would be curious if people disagree with me. I'd rather find a way to get Lewis in as a starter than Hurst.

Between those two and Skura, I think the odd man out is still a quality "first replacement" in case of injury...followed by, I would presume, Eleumunor and then one of Siragusa / Bozeman / Senat, probably in that order in terms of likelihood of making the 53. We typically keep 8 on the OL, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ravensintennessee View Post
    Who do people think is the better player -- Hurst or Lewis? I say Lewis all day from what I've seen, but would be curious if people disagree with me. I'd rather find a way to get Lewis in as a starter than Hurst.

Between those two and Skura, I think the odd man out is still a quality "first replacement" in case of injury...followed by, I would presume, Eleumunor and then one of Siragusa / Bozeman / Senat, probably in that order in terms of likelihood of making the 53. We typically keep 8 on the OL, right?
    Actually Hurst is a damn good guard. Lewis is only good based on potential as there is not a large enough sampling of him being on the field. Potential means just possible greatness and it don't mean jack if you never on the field to live up to it due to injuries. Dan Cody had great potential and injuries killed his career same with Sergio Kindle