Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: What will you like to see from the Ravens Offense?

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I want them to actually play like they're a west coast offense. Establish the run, then utilize play action and take shots downfield. Move those tight ends around on those two tight end sets and get creative with them.
    I feel like we did that in the last couple of games. The play designed seemed better. Not the whole season, just the last few games.

Anyone else share that or is it just me? Like I mean we actually had guys running wide open for the first time in a while.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Consistency and balance.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Consistency and balance.
    I'd like to see them give Joe all the time in the world to pick apart defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I feel like we did that in the last couple of games. The play designed seemed better. Not the whole season, just the last few games.

Anyone else share that or is it just me? Like I mean we actually had guys running wide open for the first time in a while.
    We can thank the emergence of Collins for that! But I still saw no creativity with our tight ends.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signore View Post
    I'd like to see them give Joe all the time in the world to pick apart defenses.
    Good reasoning. If whomever they pick for starting Center, and O. Brown plays well @ RT, this could really be a solid/deep O-line. I just wish Siragusa wasn't so dreadfully injured last year, but even so I anticipate this O-line being strong, so you may (hopefully) get your wish... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I want them to actually play like they're a west coast offense. Establish the run, then utilize play action and ...
    That's exactly the opposite of the Bill Walsh -style WCO.

Maybe you mean the Coryell-esque San Diego style offense?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

I do disagree, but in this sense: I feel like the play designs seemed pretty solid all season. We had guys running wide open a few times. But early in the season they where hyper-protective of Joe, not letting him set in the pocket long enough to throw intermediate; and when Joe would throw it, guys would drop it or tip it to the D.

It wasn't the X's & O's last year, it was the Jimmy's and the Joe's.

I want to see a healthy or mostly healthy Offense go out and own the game. A Nfl Offense. A beautiful O Line that give Joe what time he needs to light it up down field. You know with that big arm we sorely miss.
    Playmakers at wr and te. Catch the ball. Covert 3rd downs. I want to see Joe ball Out and have his best career regular season. Creative with the continuity of Offensive staff. See Urban bring some smarts over there too.
    And I believe this Offense will show up finally and be exciting and unpredictable. I would like to not see LJ in Package yet. I want him stronger first. Running in college is fun , running a qb in NFl can be a career changer.
    But i think he will get ALOT of time to play , because we will be blowing teams out finally.
    Starting with a shutout with Bills.

More points than our defense allows.
    Pass catchers who actually do.
    Not a single 3rd and anything ever thrown short of the sticks when there is a realistic chance of conversion - ie, never again run a 4 yard route when you need 5.
    Stop burning timeouts getting the play call in. For the OC, reduce the time it takes to get the call on to the field. For Flacco - get that play call relayed. For the entire offense - I want to see them lined up with 25 seconds or more on the play clock, not 15. The radio gets shut off at 15, getting their early gives the OC and QB both time to look at the defensive alignment and change the play as needed. The old proverb is "two heads are better than one." Give both people time to adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    That's exactly the opposite of the Bill Walsh -style WCO.

Maybe you mean the Coryell-esque San Diego style offense?
    You're right I confused the two. It's early where I'm at lol.

In general, just move the football. Less 3 and outs, especially late in the 4th quarter when a score or even just a first down or two will pretty much will seal the game, but the 3 and out give the other team a chance to come back on us like we're seen recently. Less ineptness early escalating to competency late - how about some level of consistency all through the season (hopefully consistently GOOD). The Ravens have been a boom or bust team, when they struggle, the REALLY struggle. Less of that.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Pass catchers who can catch and make a play without needing to have the ball thrown into a perfect 2 foot window every time.
    This would be good. Oh, and less INTs that bounce off of receivers hands. Looking at you Breshad and Chris Moore. Knock it down if you can't haul it in for whatever reason, don't bat it up!
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...