Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

What will you like to see from the Ravens Offense?

It’s getting close to football again. With minicamp and training camp quickly approaching, it’ll be interesting to see what offense will the Ravens showcase this season. Especially considering the decline in attendance, this’ll be an interesting hot topic. It’s already on record that the Ravens defense will be more aggressive than years past, and the players seem to love the defensive strategy (so far). However, I have not heard any offensive player give the same excitement about the offensive strategy or offensive coach.

So, what will you like to see from the Ravens Offense this season?

Personally, I’ll like to see efficient deep shots down the field even if they are incomplete.

I’ll like to see an more aggressive offensive game plan for all four quarters. If the conservative play calling in the beginning of last season shows up again in the beginning of this season, most fans will be calling for the heads of Flacco, Harbs, and Marty.

I’ll like the Ravens to continue to build on the running game Greg Roman established.

I’ll like to see more timing routes and anticipation throws to Wide Receivers. The timing between Flacco and the Wide Receivers last season was horrible.

I’ll like to see “drag” routes ran with Receivers who are speedsters. If by some miracle Perriman is on the roster, send him and John brown on DRAG routes to utilize their speed. Be creative with the speed receivers we have on the roster.

I’ll like to see the Ravens put their receivers in positions they can succeed. What routes do they run best, what routes do they have the highest catch percentage, what side are they better on? Can they catch jump balls, contested balls, or do they need the ball placed perfectly. I wouldn’t want Perriman running curl routes or going up for contested jump balls.

I’ll like for the Ravens to implement Play Action into the game plan a lot more (the Philadelphia Eagles ran play-action on 49 percent of their drop backs last season).

I’ll like to see some RPO with Flacco. Yes, some creativity.

I’ll like to see Flacco make audibles based on what the defense shows. To me this shows how much work the coaches, the Quarterback, and the offensive players put into studying the opponents defense. Just walking up to the line of scrimmage, looking a run blitz right in the eyes, and still electing to run it that direction should not be acceptable.

I do not want to see dump-off passes to the Running Back on 3rd and 15. We do not have a Ray Rice on the roster. No more one read then check down; go through your progressions. I’ll like to see the coaches influence and allow Flacco to go through his progressions.

I do not want to see a 4-yard pass on a 4th and 15.

So, what will you like to see out of the Ravens Offense this season?

Interesting related readings:

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...fense-19776944

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/vide...oe-flacco-bomb

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...229-story.html

Blog Entries

Re: What will you like to see from the Ravens Offense?

Quote Originally Posted by BMORERavens View Post
    It’s getting close to football again. With minicamp and training camp quickly approaching, it’ll be interesting to see what offense will the Ravens showcase this season. Especially considering the decline in attendance, this’ll be an interesting hot topic. It’s already on record that the Ravens defense will be more aggressive than years past, and the players seem to love the defensive strategy (so far). However, I have not heard any offensive player give the same excitement about the offensive strategy or offensive coach.

So, what will you like to see from the Ravens Offense this season?

Personally, I’ll like to see efficient deep shots down the field even if they are incomplete.

I’ll like to see an more aggressive offensive game plan for all four quarters. If the conservative play calling in the beginning of last season shows up again in the beginning of this season, most fans will be calling for the heads of Flacco, Harbs, and Marty.

I’ll like the Ravens to continue to build on the running game Greg Roman established.

I’ll like to see more timing routes and anticipation throws to Wide Receivers. The timing between Flacco and the Wide Receivers last season was horrible.

I’ll like to see “drag” routes ran with Receivers who are speedsters. If by some miracle Perriman is on the roster, send him and John brown on DRAG routes to utilize their speed. Be creative with the speed receivers we have on the roster.

I’ll like to see the Ravens put their receivers in positions they can succeed. What routes do they run best, what routes do they have the highest catch percentage, what side are they better on? Can they catch jump balls, contested balls, or do they need the ball placed perfectly. I wouldn’t want Perriman running curl routes or going up for contested jump balls.

I’ll like for the Ravens to implement Play Action into the game plan a lot more (the Philadelphia Eagles ran play-action on 49 percent of their drop backs last season).

I’ll like to see some RPO with Flacco. Yes, some creativity.

I’ll like to see Flacco make audibles based on what the defense shows. To me this shows how much work the coaches, the Quarterback, and the offensive players put into studying the opponents defense. Just walking up to the line of scrimmage, looking a run blitz right in the eyes, and still electing to run it that direction should not be acceptable.

I do not want to see dump-off passes to the Running Back on 3rd and 15. We do not have a Ray Rice on the roster. No more one read then check down; go through your progressions. I’ll like to see the coaches influence and allow Flacco to go through his progressions.

I do not want to see a 4-yard pass on a 4th and 15.

So, what will you like to see out of the Ravens Offense this season?

Interesting related readings:

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...fense-19776944

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/vide...oe-flacco-bomb

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...229-story.html
    I want to see more unpredictable play calling. IE, less runs on 1st down, less runs in 2nd and long situations, more shots on 4th down. Also, I want to see deeper routes and more shots down the field in situations like 2nd and short.

I also want to see Lamar on the field starting week 1 even if it's just package plays. His speed and talent is too good not to use in at least short yardage or goal line situations.

I want to see the Offense move the ball and eat up the clock; with TD's at the end - and I do not care how they do it. By ground, by air, mauling, airing it out, balancing the calls .... And no "throwing the ball for the sake of throwing the ball". Establish control of the game early and quit playing "sparring" early. Get ahead and keep punching.

Score more than the other team.
    Captain Offense

Blog Entries

I want to see it look like a professional offense and not like the Keystone Cops they did last year. I don't care if that's by 2008 style smash mouth run game, 2014's balanced attack, or led by a yet unseen in these parts air attack. Just give me an offense that actually looks like it belongs in the NFL. I can't take another season like the last two were offensively. I'll be tapped out by October.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

WRs to catch consistently. more trips, more crossing patterns, more natural pick plays. the 10 yard out that Mason/Flacco ran so effectively. The deep ball to be thrown more, but not on 3rd and 3. simple things, im not asking for much.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Take some deep shots. Do they need Cam Cameron to remind them how to do that?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Pass catchers who can catch and make a play without needing to have the ball thrown into a perfect 2 foot window every time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Pass catchers who can catch and make a play without needing to have the ball thrown into a perfect 2 foot window every time.
    https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses...97278682910720

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

stop playing schembechler ball
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Exactly what I'm talking about!

Blog Entries

Smile Re: What will you like to see from the Ravens Offense?

I'm a simple man so : more points on the board, especially more than the opposition... Bc

I want them to actually play like they're a west coast offense. Establish the run, then utilize play action and take shots downfield. Move those tight ends around on those two tight end sets and get creative with them.