Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Jeff Z is leaving

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Welp, guess I won't be reading Zrebiec anymore. I refuse to pay to access a website, be it The Sun or anyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Unfortunatley, same. I just cant see the logic in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Ditto

That's a horrible business model.
    I'm on board your train too guys. What kind of "inside information" can a writer get that we fans can't see a day or two later? Waste of money on temporary, fleeting info... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I'm on board your train too guys. What kind of "inside information" can a writer get that we fans can't see a day or two later? Waste of money on temporary, fleeting info... Bc
    I paid for VIP over on the other board years ago when Aaron Wilson was doing it. Yes, a lot of the info would become public eventually...but a lot of it never did. I don't know that Jeff will ever have the type of access or sources that AW had back in the day...but even if he did, the platform has changed so much that I just can't see myself actually paying for content ever again.

I don't mind paying a reasonable amount for professionally created articles; however, $42 appears to be about 4X what would be a reasonable rate for a start-up. Moreover, there's still plenty decent content available for free, such as ESPN, Yahoo, USA Today, CBS, NBC + Florio, ABC, Fox, nfl.com etc.
    Last edited by Mista T; 07-17-2018 at 06:17 PM.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Unfortunatley, same. I just cant see the logic in it.
    I used to subscribe to the Scout VIP board when Aaron Wilson ran it. Worth every penny. If Zriebec can provide those kinds of scoops and stories, I am in.

Blog Entries

The reaction here to a paid subscription model is exhibit A in why we have such terrible sensationalist journalism running rampant. You guys can keep your free garbage like ESPN, I’ll take my paid for quality work any day. Hell, pretty clear where ‘free’ media has gotten the country nowadays with mr normal brain.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    The reaction here to a paid subscription model is exhibit A in why we have such terrible sensationalist journalism running rampant. You guys can keep your free garbage like ESPN, I’ll take my paid for quality work any day. Hell, pretty clear where ‘free’ media has gotten the country nowadays with mr normal brain.
    Why would the quality of the pay sites be better? Boring stories don't drive subscriptions. They have to give you a reason to excited to pay in the first place to get customers and have to continue with that hype to keep them. How is it any different than media who earns revenue via ads?

I gladly pay a subscription for news that might actually affect my life, to help pay the journalists that gather and report the info. Sports isn't important enough to me to pay for that, and there are dozens of other things I can spend that money on. Other people feel differently; that's perfectly OK.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Jeff Zrebiec

@jeffzrebiec
    2m2 minutes ago
    More
    As a reminder, hit up http://www.theathletic.com/baltimorelaunch to get 30 pct. off of subscription to The Athletic and free T-shirt.

Blog Entries

if you sign up for annual it's only $3.75 a month. I may do the trial and see if the stories are worth it.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I will thank you, plus plenty of other sources of free sports/Ravens info. Please tell me/us where/when you got some sensational breaking news well before we others did (?) ... Bc

I signed up with the promo, will give my thoughts after a few weeks, So far I like the app and website design though, simple and easy to read