Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Jeff Z is leaving

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    he was the best ravens beat writer, i dont know anyone else.
    im gonna quit the board
    stop being dramatic

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    stop being dramatic

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I’m surprised to hear him say that since Preston is his boy LOL or is Baldy really Preston? He said he’s going to quit the board hmmmmm LOL

Blog Entries

Any writer who is good isn’t going to stay with the cheap bastards at Tribune or tronc or whatever they call themselves these days. We have the same issue in my state with the Harftord Current owned by the same people. That’s always been a budget company who doesn’t pay up for good employees.

Blog Entries

I really enjoyed him covering the Ravens. I hope he’s just switching to a different company and still covering the Ravens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Jeff Z is leaving

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Any writer who is good isn’t going to stay with the cheap bastards at Tribune or tronc or whatever they call themselves these days. We have the same issue in my state with the Harftord Current owned by the same people. That’s always been a budget company who doesn’t pay up for good employees.
    GOTA, in a way that's pretty common in many fields of endeavor. You start at the bottom, rise up, then get a better position in another company. It happened to me twice before I found my niche at the bank. 11 years honing my craft in the first two, then 33 1/2 more at the company that turned out to be the most favorable for me. While I know that's not always the case, it is our career function to better ourselves. If Jeff Z has done that, my hat is off to him and wish him good luck... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    GOTA, in a way that's pretty common in many fields of endeavor. You start at the bottom, rise up, then get a better position in another company. It happened to me twice before I found my niche at the bank. 11 years honing my craft in the first two, then 33 1/2 more at the company that turned out to be the most favorable for me. While I know that's not always the case, it is our career function to better ourselves. If Jeff Z has done that, my hat is off to him and wish him good luck... Bc
    That’s true. Certain companies also have a bad reputation. Tribune is one of them. I’m positive that a good writer like Z was made a much better offer by his new employer. The Sun is very lucky to have had him as long as they did.

Blog Entries

I'm a newspaper guy but I get that a lot aren't anymore, even with the tablet and online access. Just so many outlets and venues available

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    I’m surprised to hear him say that since Preston is his boy LOL or is Baldy really Preston? He said he’s going to quit the board hmmmmm LOL
    Right?? Hmmmmmmmmm

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Really enjoyed his column and cover on twitter. Next man up?

I like Jeff Z., I enjoyed reading him when he covered the Orioles earlier on and the Ravens of late. We'll have to see where he ends up, but it's obvious print media is dying. Maybe he's going digital and will still cover the Ravens. We can only hope. Best wishes to him, no matter where he goes or does.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I really enjoyed him covering the Ravens. I hope he’s just switching to a different company and still covering the Ravens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He'll be staying local and making an official announcement soon.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

I like JZ a lot. The Athletic looks to be snapping up talent left-and-right. Maybe he's landing there.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver