Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 LastLast

Thread: OTAs

Re: OTAs

Quote Originally Posted by crabcakes View Post
    hes coming for tuckers job
    Tucker isn't going anywhere, and this guy knows it. He's here because of the reputation the Ravens' kicking coaches have and his opportunity to show the rest of the league what he can do. He is hoping he can catch on somewhere late in training camp. Think Wil Lutz, New Orleans. Same thing when he interned here for camp. It led to an NFL job.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Not sure what some of you guys watch.

PFF has the ravens secondary rated 7th best in the league headed into 2017 and 10th headed into 2018. Jimmy Smith is the big question IMO. If he can get back to high level they could be very good.
    I think some fans underestimate the emerging potential of Canady and Clark, plus the drafting of Averett and Elliott. I believe the secondary is in pretty good shape. Someone pretty decent is going to get cut.

I think it's possible Elliot gets the phantom injury for that exact reason. It would be cool if we could work a trade though. Maybe Canaday...

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Even will limited defensive snaps, IMO Bowser has out-played Correa. While I know they basically play different positions on the LB line, Bowser had 3 sacks, an INT, and 3 PDs. He has at least showed the talent that can be developed... Bc
    I saw Bowser play in several Uh home games. He's a football player. Big, fast, strong, smart, tough. Other than that, he's no better than Correa. LOL. And watch out for the UH DT who will be the first D player in next year's draft.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    I saw Bowser play in several Uh home games. He's a football player. Big, fast, strong, smart, tough. Other than that, he's no better than Correa. LOL. And watch out for the UH DT who will be the first D player in next year's draft.
    Ed Oliver should be a top 5 pick in 2019 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnGm3hm0wiQ

... Bc

... Bc
    He would have been top 10-12 THIS year. Kid is a beast. Saw him -- several times -- running down ball carrier 10, 20, 30 yards down field. Motor runs as long as a nuclear reactor. Could bulk up a little to be a NT; could be be a 3-4 or 4-3 DE or 4-3 DT. I think he could be a 270 pound LB!
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    My only complaint about Ramsey deal is that Oz didn’t think he was worth a first and third. That third turned into Kaufusi. In hindsight ....trade that 3rd. A Ramsey/ Humphrey secondary would be bad ass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Really think they pick Humphrey if we had Ramsey though?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

... Bc
    GhanRoTeed
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Really think they pick Humphrey if we had Ramsey though? (question to Laxdad24)
    Ort, that is an interesting speculative observation. If we did draft Ramsey, perhaps Ozzie would have gone OJ Howard? ... Bc

Ort, that is an interesting speculative observation. If we did draft Ramsey, perhaps Ozzie would have gone OJ Howard? ... Bc
    I think something people overlook in the debate of whether or not we should've gotten Jaylen Ramsey is Ronnie Stanley himself. Let's say we got Ramsey, and then maybe even Howard the following year. Who is playing Left Tackle? It's a position that is hard to find a quality player to fill. I'm rarely going to complain about a big man up front. For me, I'd rather have Humphrey and Stanley than Howard and Ramsey.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    For me, I'd rather have Humphrey and Stanley than Howard and Ramsey.
    Co-sign.

Stanely's a fine player, I'm glad to have him. He also only just turned 24.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I think something people overlook in the debate of whether or not we should've gotten Jaylen Ramsey is Ronnie Stanley himself. Let's say we got Ramsey, and then maybe even Howard the following year. Who is playing Left Tackle? It's a position that is hard to find a quality player to fill. I'm rarely going to complain about a big man up front. For me, I'd rather have Humphrey and Stanley than Howard and Ramsey.
    Actually I agree with you and have posted the same. However, since Ozzie did try to trade up for Ramsey, we were just contemplating the possible effect it might have had on the following NFL draft... Bc