Page 97 of 98 FirstFirst ... 95969798 LastLast
Results 1,153 to 1,164 of 1170
  1. #1153
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    15,881
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Any of you guys playing Fire Emblem Engage? I have questions lol.
    Is it a question about general gameplay or story? I've only played the Fire Emblem Warriors game that was like Dynasty Warriors. I'm very hit or miss on strategy RPGs (not sure if Engage is but most FE games are). Disgaea series probably my favorite of that type or Tactics Ogre.
    back on twitter

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





  2. #1154

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Is it a question about general gameplay or story? I've only played the Fire Emblem Warriors game that was like Dynasty Warriors. I'm very hit or miss on strategy RPGs (not sure if Engage is but most FE games are). Disgaea series probably my favorite of that type or Tactics Ogre.
    It's about the story. I've played a lot of Fire Emblem and to me the games are kind of hit or miss. But when they hit they hit hard.

    I've heard the story is really horrendous and I was just wondering if someone had played and could tell me just how bad it is/give me a little more detail.





  3. #1155
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    15,881
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    It's about the story. I've played a lot of Fire Emblem and to me the games are kind of hit or miss. But when they hit they hit hard.

    I've heard the story is really horrendous and I was just wondering if someone had played and could tell me just how bad it is/give me a little more detail.
    Ahh, gotcha, yeah, can't help you with that one. Have you tried YouTube? Probably some spoiler free stuff out there. What's your favorite FE game?

    I'm still playing retail WoW. This expansion just feels solid in all areas to me right now. Blizzard has a good roadmap and seems intent on not repeating the mistakes made over the last couple expansions so I'm optimistic. Loot systems are fair and there's no endless mandatory grinding. Dungeons are fun.
    back on twitter

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





  4. #1156

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Ahh, gotcha, yeah, can't help you with that one. Have you tried YouTube? Probably some spoiler free stuff out there. What's your favorite FE game?

    I'm still playing retail WoW. This expansion just feels solid in all areas to me right now. Blizzard has a good roadmap and seems intent on not repeating the mistakes made over the last couple expansions so I'm optimistic. Loot systems are fair and there's no endless mandatory grinding. Dungeons are fun.
    I know this isn't very "hard core" of me but Awakening is my favorite and really what got me hard hooked on the series.

    If I could find an extra like several hours of my week maybe I'd try out retail lol.





  5. #1157
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    15,881
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    I'm not a Harry Potter fan, in fact I know literally nothing about it, I've never read the books or paid any attention to the movies, or universe....honestly only bought this Hogwarts Legacy game because of the ridiculous backlash towards it (due to JK Rowling being a terf) and the trans community trying to dictate what games people can and can't play, which, hey, nothing gets me wanting to do something more than trying to tell me I can't. The game is fucking great. I'm apparently something called a Hufflepuff. I was hoping for Ravenclaw because Ravens. Wife (who does know HP) says I'm not smart enough for Ravenclaw lol
    back on twitter

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





  6. #1158
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    11,935
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    I have a recommendation. Any that likes city builder/rts try Frostpunk. Even on easy this is one of the most challenging games I have EVER played.

    Captain Silver approved.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk





  7. #1159
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    11,935
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Star Wars Fallen Order was really good. I enjoyed the game and wish it was longer and more involved. Picked it up for $7. Well worth it.

    I picked up Red Dead Redemption II for $12, but Iím finding that game harder to get into.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same, I got it and for all the raves I can't get into it. I dig open world, love Fallout4.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk





  8. #1160
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    15,881
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I have a recommendation. Any that likes city builder/rts try Frostpunk. Even on easy this is one of the most challenging games I have EVER played.

    Captain Silver approved.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Ever tried Banished?
    back on twitter

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





  9. #1161
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    11,935
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Ever tried Banished?
    Nope.





  10. #1162

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I'm not a Harry Potter fan, in fact I know literally nothing about it, I've never read the books or paid any attention to the movies, or universe....honestly only bought this Hogwarts Legacy game because of the ridiculous backlash towards it (due to JK Rowling being a terf) and the trans community trying to dictate what games people can and can't play, which, hey, nothing gets me wanting to do something more than trying to tell me I can't. The game is fucking great. I'm apparently something called a Hufflepuff. I was hoping for Ravenclaw because Ravens. Wife (who does know HP) says I'm not smart enough for Ravenclaw lol
    You're diligent and hard working. I'm in Ravenclaw with our dashing blue robes and penchant for nerdism.

    It is a fun game. Doubly so if you've ever been immersed in the Potter lore. Hogsmeade, Phineas Black as headmaster, you can explore a lot more of the castle and surrounding lands than any other Potter game.

    If anybody runs into the black screen on load up, with the music playing, just be patient. The shaders take forever to load, for some reason.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, ďHi Iím Ben may I have a drink please?Ē
    ProFootballMock





  11. #1163

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I have a recommendation. Any that likes city builder/rts try Frostpunk. Even on easy this is one of the most challenging games I have EVER played.

    Captain Silver approved.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Frostpunk fucking rules +1





  12. #1164

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I'm not a Harry Potter fan, in fact I know literally nothing about it, I've never read the books or paid any attention to the movies, or universe....honestly only bought this Hogwarts Legacy game because of the ridiculous backlash towards it (due to JK Rowling being a terf) and the trans community trying to dictate what games people can and can't play, which, hey, nothing gets me wanting to do something more than trying to tell me I can't. The game is fucking great. I'm apparently something called a Hufflepuff. I was hoping for Ravenclaw because Ravens. Wife (who does know HP) says I'm not smart enough for Ravenclaw lol
    My wife wants to watch me play it because she loves Harry Potter
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site
var infolinks_pid = 3297965; var infolinks_wsid = 0; //ó->