Page 84 of 89 FirstFirst ... 8283848586 ... LastLast
Results 997 to 1,008 of 1060
  1. #997
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    11,608

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    If you guys have any recommendations for parts or whatever, let me know. Iíve been wanting to build one forever, but the price has always scared me compared to consoles.
    Do you want to do full HD, or higher resolution gaming? Also, what is your budget and do you want rgb?

    Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk





  2. #998

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Do you want to do full HD, or higher resolution gaming? Also, what is your budget and do you want rgb?

    Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    Hereís the thing, Iím not really sure what that means. Iíll do my best.

    I pretty much exclusively play on console. My TV is capable of 1440 and 30 FPS. I have a Switch and an XBox Series S. I would like maybe something in between cutting edge and that. Definitely could use an upgrade and I feel like thereís a middle ground.

    No idea what RGB means.

    I was talking to my brother who built a gaming PC for about $550-600ish. He said he just built one to start out with and said heíd consider upgrading it later. He didnít even have a graphics card. But he told me it runs everything he wants it to, so he hasnít upgraded it at all. Iím thinking maybe I can go that route. Just kind of get something very basic, and if Iím playing PC all the time maybe upgrade it from there, and if I just play occasionally stay put.

    But even spending $600 for no reason is a tough ask on my wife. Weíre not broke, but weíve just always been savers.





  3. #999
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    11,608

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Hereís the thing, Iím not really sure what that means. Iíll do my best.

    I pretty much exclusively play on console. My TV is capable of 1440 and 30 FPS. I have a Switch and an XBox Series S. I would like maybe something in between cutting edge and that. Definitely could use an upgrade and I feel like thereís a middle ground.

    No idea what RGB means.

    I was talking to my brother who built a gaming PC for about $550-600ish. He said he just built one to start out with and said heíd consider upgrading it later. He didnít even have a graphics card. But he told me it runs everything he wants it to, so he hasnít upgraded it at all. Iím thinking maybe I can go that route. Just kind of get something very basic, and if Iím playing PC all the time maybe upgrade it from there, and if I just play occasionally stay put.

    But even spending $600 for no reason is a tough ask on my wife. Weíre not broke, but weíve just always been savers.
    Rgb is the lighting inside the case. You can definitely get an apu like the ryzen 5700g and game with it. You would probably be limited to 1080p, but it would definitely save you some cash. If you can get an rtx 3060, rtx 3070, or radeon 6600xt for a gpu that would comfortable do 1440p.

    I can help you spec it out if you like. Just send a message.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk





  4. #1000

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Rgb is the lighting inside the case. You can definitely get an apu like the ryzen 5700g and game with it. You would probably be limited to 1080p, but it would definitely save you some cash. If you can get an rtx 3060, rtx 3070, or radeon 6600xt for a gpu that would comfortable do 1440p.

    I can help you spec it out if you like. Just send a message.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    Appreciate all your guysí help. I think Iíll start small but Iíll let everyone know what Iím thinking as it happens and any input would be awesome





  5. #1001
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    11,608

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Appreciate all your guysí help. I think Iíll start small but Iíll let everyone know what Iím thinking as it happens and any input would be awesome
    Basic difference on an apu vs a regular cpu is not needing a graphics card. That's a $700 or so price difference though.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk





  6. #1002

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Have you guys ever played the Outer Wilds? Iím in the middle of it right now and itís so hard to figure everything out





  7. #1003

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Any Mame cabinet guys on here? I bought a used Streetfighter JAMMA cabinet in about 2004 and built it out using a jpac board and new buttons and joysticks from Happ arcade controls. I am bringing it up because I bought one of those integrated mother boads then. That's a fun project. I would really like to turn it into a bartop and slim it down because it's heavy as sh** and takes up too much space. I mainly use it for robotron 84 as that was my favorite game growing up.





  8. #1004
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    11,608

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Have you guys ever played the Outer Wilds? Iím in the middle of it right now and itís so hard to figure everything out
    Negative. Is it good?

    Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk





  9. #1005

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Negative. Is it good?

    Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    Itís so good but cryptic as all hell. Iíve managed to get to where Iím at without any guides, but thereís a real strange mystery to the whole game.





  10. #1006
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    14,580
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Looks like the other part of that big news was Sony is buying Bungie of Destiny fame. Looks like the competition is back on. Shouldn't really impact me being mainly a PC gamer these days.
    back on twitter

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





  11. #1007
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    11,608

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Itís so good but cryptic as all hell. Iíve managed to get to where Iím at without any guides, but thereís a real strange mystery to the whole game.
    Think it's available on game pass. May have to give it a shot.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk





  12. #1008
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    11,608

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Looks like the other part of that big news was Sony is buying Bungie of Destiny fame. Looks like the competition is back on. Shouldn't really impact me being mainly a PC gamer these days.
    My hope is Sony shifts towards doing pc releases too vs putting them all on ps5 for a year first.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site
var infolinks_pid = 3297965; var infolinks_wsid = 0; //ó->