Page 78 of 101 FirstFirst ... 7677787980 ... LastLast

Re: The Video Game Thread

I picked up the Castlevania Advance Collection on Switch. While I was buying it I saw the Castlevania Anniversary Collection was on sale for $5. I now own like every Castlevania ever.

I had only ever played Symphony of the Night on XBLA. But I just ran through Super Castlevania IV, and it was an absolute BLAST. I think I’m gonna go for Circle of the Moon next, but I’m not sure, I kind of want to try one of the GameBoy games. Any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I picked up the Castlevania Advance Collection on Switch. While I was buying it I saw the Castlevania Anniversary Collection was on sale for $5. I now own like every Castlevania ever.

I had only ever played Symphony of the Night on XBLA. But I just ran through Super Castlevania IV, and it was an absolute BLAST. I think I’m gonna go for Circle of the Moon next, but I’m not sure, I kind of want to try one of the GameBoy games. Any recommendations?
    Rondo of Blood (Dracula X)

Castlevania 3

Simon's Quest

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Don Frye View Post
    Rondo of Blood (Dracula X)

Castlevania 3

Simon's Quest

I’ll check them out! I’ve heard bad stuff about Simon’s Quest from other friends though.

I’ll check them out! I’ve heard bad stuff about Simon’s Quest from other friends though.
    Very different game. Nostalgia always clouds our opinions, but I loved the music, the atmosphere was great for an adrenaline rush as day is about to turn to night, and the quest-like approach of having to locate and solve the 5 Mansions that house Dracula's body parts was different am fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Frye View Post
    Very different game. Nostalgia always clouds our opinions, but I loved the music, the atmosphere was great for an adrenaline rush as day is about to turn to night, and the quest-like approach of having to locate and solve the 5 Mansions that house Dracula's body parts was different am fun.

Hey man, I own the game so I’ll give it a go. Why not?

Hey man, I own the game so I’ll give it a go. Why not?
    Yep. Nothing to lose. Just beat Glass Joe and Von Kaiser on Mike Tyson's Punchout on my phone. Good stuff.

Blog Entries

Got an Amazon to 50 in the Diablo 2 remaster, once you get past the early game bullshit and get your build going (was around 25 for me) the game becomes a lot more fun. I said I wasn't going to grind this game but here I am playing it like it's 2001. I was up to 3:30AM last night. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Just got a new Lenovo Legion from Costco as my 4 year old HP Envy crapped out. That HP Envy x360 was the worst laptop I've ever bought. Just garbage. I am usually happy with HP but thought I'd try another brand my experience with that one was so bad.

So the Lenovo is a gaming laptop and it is very solid and much more ruggedly built than the HP with the SSD drive size I need at a minimum and RAM and processor as well to run development tools and database software and not have it slow as dirt.. It also just happens to have a decent graphics card so now the Steam games I bought but couldn't play this past summer should be fine. I feel like 5 years is the minimum you should expect from a laptop. I got 4 from the HP Envy which is pathetic. I'm trying to look at the positive and focus on the fun of the new one. Live and learn and.... the games should be awesome on this machine.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Just got a new Lenovo Legion from Costco as my 4 year old HP Envy crapped out. That HP Envy x360 was the worst laptop I've ever bought. Just garbage. I am usually happy with HP but thought I'd try another brand my experience with that one was so bad.

So the Lenovo is a gaming laptop and it is very solid and much more ruggedly built than the HP with the SSD drive size I need at a minimum and RAM and processor as well to run development tools and database software and not have it slow as dirt.. It also just happens to have a decent graphics card so now the Steam games I bought but couldn't play this past summer should be fine. I feel like 5 years is the minimum you should expect from a laptop. I got 4 from the HP Envy which is pathetic. I'm trying to look at the positive and focus on the fun of the new one. Live and learn and.... the games should be awesome on this machine.
    I've managed to stretch my Vaio for like 11 so far, but I did upgrade the ram and swap the hdd for a ssd. It also had a GeForce 310 in it, so not completely inept, but would find games if couldn't play, and it certainly wouldn't hold up to a modern AAA

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    I've managed to stretch my Vaio for like 11 so far, but I did upgrade the ram and swap the hdd for a ssd. It also had a GeForce 310 in it, so not completely inept, but would find games if couldn't play, and it certainly wouldn't hold up to a modern AAA

Damn I had a Vaio 20 years ago, lol. That was a weird one and I recall not liking it very much. Then I had a couple HPs that I was happy with. I had one for about 4 then one for 6 and the last one for 4.

I'm hoping this one is the last one I buy for a long time.

Sounds like you are due. I tend to hold onto my phones long past their "not cool" date and never buy the latest model anything as the prices are just stupid high so while I'm losing a little bit by not having gotten the full 5-6 out of the HP Envy I'm still ahead of the game. I'm not a huge electronophile. Computers and electronics are about the worst value long term of about anything and always have been.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 10-06-2021 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Damn I had a Vaio 20 years ago, lol. That was a weird one and I recall not liking it very much. Then I had a couple HPs that I was happy with. I had one for about 4 then one for 6 and the last one for 4.

I'm hoping this one is the last one I buy for a long time.

Sounds like you are due. I tend to hold onto my phones long past their "not cool" date and never buy the latest model anything as the prices are just stupid high so while I'm losing a little bit by not having gotten the full 5-6 out of the HP Envy I'm still ahead of the game. I'm not a huge electronophile. Computers and electronics are about the worst value long term of about anything and always have been.
    So I like messing with electronics to some extent too, which is part of why I haven't upgraded. Wanted to see if I could make the Vaio last with some targeted part replacements.

Also, I built a gaming pc at the end of 2019, so that makes a new laptop rough to justify since I don't go on the road much. The desktop has gotten a couple upgrades though. My wife bought a 5950x for me to replace the 3700x I had. Also have gone from a radeon 5700xt to an rtx 3070 this year. If best buy holds up their end of the order, it'll go to a 3080 this weekend and then I don't have to upgrade anything for awhile unless I add ram.

Blog Entries

Me and the boys picked up a game called Phasmophobia for Halloween time, it's fucking great, but only if you have 4 people to play together. Have to go to locations and use stuff like Spirit Box, EMF detectors, motion detectors, etc., to find a ghost that is haunting the place. Solo, not fun...must be played with friends. Part of the fun is hearing your friend's last words before the ghost gets them lol

They messed with me the first time I played, when you use the Spirit Box you have to actually ask (say the words into your mic) stuff like "Are you here" "are you with us" etc., to get an answer. Not too proud to say the first time it answered with "Right behind you" I freaked the fuck out lol.

My wife commented that the trailer makes the game look kind of boring and it does, you'll just have to trust me that it's fun.

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52