Page 77 of 101 FirstFirst ... 7576777879 ... LastLast

Re: The Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Okay, so I finally finished RDR2.

I got to Guarma on 2 playthroughs and gave up becuase I couldn't get into it in either play.

I forced myself this time.

The ending of this game and the overall story are so phenomenal. The whole 'shoot up every town we go to becuase we don't find anymore' soured me, but the ending is impeccable.

I was sosososo impressed when I finally finished it and saw it through.
    RDR2 may be my favorite game. I played it all last summer. Dude the last quarter of the main story to the ending is so good. The voice acting is fantastic. Arthur Morgan became one of my favorite characters anywhere. The end with the acting and the music was so powerful. That ride Arthur does back to camp after he send Sadie on her way and he puts his original hat back on.... Man I could play that over and over.

I agree though the game play can get so repetitive but the graphics and just the vastness of the world is phenomenal. But the story is some of the best video game writing and acting I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I have not. I have an XBox One so I could play if I wanted to but I am a PC gamer. Without a mouse i get really annoyed.

Maybe by the time I have my AARP card (which is sooner than I would like to admit lmfao) I'll have a nice gaming laptop.

Man times have changed.

"What's granpa doing?" "He's fell asleep in his chair while RPG'ing monsters." "Don't touch that one honey, that's grandpa's favorite gaming laptop..."
    Lol. Depends on the game for me. I play mostly on pc these days, but will use a controller if it's not rts or shooter. A lot of the rpgs the keyboard controls seem so clunky.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Any of you guys playing Psychonauts 2? It’s pretty easily my game of the year right now. It’s delightful!

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Any of you guys playing Psychonauts 2? It’s pretty easily my game of the year right now. It’s delightful!
    I can't find anything to really catch my eye, I'm super picky. Stopped playing Warzone for a bit, madden doesn't interest me. I have red dead 2 but never even plugged it in.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Playing Tales of Arise now that it's out. They overhauled the combat system a bit. It's pretty good.

Blog Entries

I've been back to playing Dead by Daylight. They just added Pinhead as a killer in the game and I'm a big Hellraiser fan so that pulled me back in. Such a great game for a horror fan, I go through phases where I'll play it a lot then not touch it for a few months...always a blast when I jump back in. Steam says I'm over 700 hrs on it on my main account, have a smurf account too not sure how many hours I have on that one.

Have a kid now so haven't been playing as much.

Going to deep dive into Diablo 2 Resurrected when it launches in a week or so.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I've been back to playing Dead by Daylight. They just added Pinhead as a killer in the game and I'm a big Hellraiser fan so that pulled me back in. Such a great game for a horror fan, I go through phases where I'll play it a lot then not touch it for a few months...always a blast when I jump back in. Steam says I'm over 700 hrs on it on my main account, have a smurf account too not sure how many hours I have on that one.

Have a kid now so haven't been playing as much.

Going to deep dive into Diablo 2 Resurrected when it launches in a week or so.
    We're that close on Diablo 2?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    We're that close on Diablo 2?

Yep, believe it comes out on the 23rd or 24th. I played the beta...it was interesting. It's not something I'm going to play hours and hours of at this point in my life but the nostalgia was nice. Was kind of tough to go back to in some ways without the QOL stuff that has become normal over the past 20 years.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Yep, believe it comes out on the 23rd or 24th. I played the beta...it was interesting. It's not something I'm going to play hours and hours of at this point in my life but the nostalgia was nice. Was kind of tough to go back to in some ways without the QOL stuff that has become normal over the past 20 years.
    That's fair. Definitely comes up when I play old ps games too. Lack of quick save on jrpgs is awful as an adult for example.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    That's fair. Definitely comes up when I play old ps games too. Lack of quick save on jrpgs is awful as an adult for example.

Yeah, the big thing in D2 is when you die you start back in town with all your equipment still on your body and your gold next to it, just like it was in the original game. If you don't remember to cast a Town Portal before you die it can be a real pain and real time consuming to get your body and gold back. In the beta I got stuck just before Andariel because I died in a corner and literally could not get to my body without dying lol. It's still a fun game, just not sure I have the patience for that kind of stuff now. It's one of those things that was okay in 2000 both within what was being done in games and for me personally just having a lot of time to play. But I don't have that time anymore so something like that I just won't have the patience for.
    Last edited by Bhcforlife; 09-17-2021 at 10:53 AM.
    back on twitter

Bayonetta Threeeeeeeeeee

Yeah, the big thing in D2 is when you die you start back in town with all your equipment still on your body and your gold next to it, just like it was in the original game. If you don't remember to cast a Town Portal before you die it can be a real pain and real time consuming to get your body and gold back. In the beta I got stuck just before Andariel because I died in a corner and literally could not get to my body without dying lol. It's still a fun game, just not sure I have the patience for that kind of stuff now. It's one of those things that was okay in 2000 both within what was being done in games and for me personally just having a lot of time to play. But I don't have that time anymore so something like that I just won't have the patience for.
    Killer for me is that it's $40 for a remake. Lol