Page 71 of 101 FirstFirst ... 6970717273 ... LastLast

Re: The Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cvilleRaven View Post
    So, like the best laid plans...

My wife's uncle offered to get us a PS5 for Christmas. We don't want it, and he offered an alternative - pick something else). So... he's getting us the max CPU my motherboard can handle (I7 7700 - overclocking is not my objective) and an Oculus Rift S.

If someone else is footing the bill, I'll make it work lol. Already bought a bookcase to store it in so I can keep it calibrated and ready to go, but keep the littlest one from messing with it.

New configuration is going to be I7 7700, 16 GB DDDR 2133, ASUS 1660 Super Phoenix, M.2 SATA 256 GB OS drive, 2.5" SATA 1 TB SSD application, a pair of mechanical 1 TB drives for DVR and bulk storage, all hookup up to my Sony 55" 850g and now a Rift S, and using X-Box One controllers and an X52 Pro HOTAS, or the Rift S controllers where appropriate. I'm in PC nerd heaven!
    Awesome. Tell us how it goes.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Awesome. Tell us how it goes.

Life changing. The I7 isn't even here yet, so frame rates are a bit chopper than I want (pretty sure my GPU is being CPU-throttled, and the minimum VR requirement is I7 7700, compared to my current I5 7500).

But just 2 hours of flight time in VR has utterly ruined pancake (flat display) flight sims forever. I feel like I've wasted 25 years of PC gaming. I will NEVER willingly go back!

Blog Entries

Are you just into Star Wars or space sims in general? I have a couple hundred hours in Elite Dangerous, fun game of space trucking. I haven't played it in VR but I've heard its incredible.

Blog Entries

I've been playing nothing but WoW Shadowlands. Its been out exactly one month and I've maxed 4 characters. Lol. Blizzard's pattern of bad expansion, good expansion, bad expansion, good expansion since the Cata days is maddening but when they do it right, it's really freaking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Are you just into Star Wars or space sims in general? I have a couple hundred hours in Elite Dangerous, fun game of space trucking. I haven't played it in VR but I've heard its incredible.
    I bought Elite a few weeks ago when Steam had it for $7.50. I need to get settings for it VR optimized for my system, but just playing around with it, wow. I can get up and walk around the flight deck.

Blog Entries

After many years, it's been announced that we are finally getting a new college football game from EA.

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Pumped about college football coming back.

I liked this game better than Madden.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Downloaded a game called Heavy Rain that was a ps3 game that I've wanted to play for 10 years because it seemed like an interesting murder mystery story.

Anybody played this?

I thought the story was very good but the game play is kinda wonky

Finally beat the FFVII remake. Man, that ending was wild, and I can't wait to see what they do with part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    Downloaded a game called Heavy Rain that was a ps3 game that I've wanted to play for 10 years because it seemed like an interesting murder mystery story.

Anybody played this?

I thought the story was very good but the game play is kinda wonky
    I liked the story, but found it a boring game to play. More like an interactive movie imo.

Blog Entries

I played Heavy Rain when it originally released. I don't remember a lot but I do remember the goofy shit you had to do with the controller. Probably why I didn't play David Cage's follow up games lol. I actually remember buying that game and I bought the game MAG along with it. MAG was an awesome game up to 256 players multiplayer on PS3 which had never been done and I don't think has been done since. Heck of a fun game, a lot different than anything else on the console market at the time.

Right now my World of Warcraft kick has subsided so I'm back playing Dead by Daylight, Squad, Hell Let Loose, and Elder Scrolls Online. My wife got me the Sponge-Bob game for PS4 for Christmas so I might start that soon, also got the new Yakuza game to play.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I played Heavy Rain when it originally released. I don't remember a lot but I do remember the goofy shit you had to do with the controller. Probably why I didn't play David Cage's follow up games lol. I actually remember buying that game and I bought the game MAG along with it. MAG was an awesome game up to 256 players multiplayer on PS3 which had never been done and I don't think has been done since. Heck of a fun game, a lot different than anything else on the console market at the time.

Right now my World of Warcraft kick has subsided so I'm back playing Dead by Daylight, Squad, Hell Let Loose, and Elder Scrolls Online. My wife got me the Sponge-Bob game for PS4 for Christmas so I might start that soon, also got the new Yakuza game to play.
    Didn't realize there was a SpongeBob game, Google it to see what it was all about.

It's available at GameSpot for $299 (free shipping though, lol). Is this an incredibly rare game or something?

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games...B&gclsrc=aw.ds