Page 66 of 101 FirstFirst ... 6465666768 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    There are sold listings for PS5 preorder on eBay for 2-3 grand. That's insane. I'm seriously tempted at selling mine now.
    Sell it, wait a year, and buy it again for a couple of hundred bucks.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I know how much some of you like Skyrim and other Bethesda properties, there is some absolutely enormous news in the gaming world today...Microsoft has bought Bethesda for a whopping 7.5 BILLION. Historically this would mean that all of the following Bethesa properties are now going to be console exclusive to Xbox:

Elder Scrolls series
    Fallout series
    Doom series
    Wolfenstein series
    Dishonored series

No way to really put how significant this news is. No Elder Scrolls or Fallout on Sony or Nintendo consoles going forward is a really, really big deal.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Microsoft acquired Bethesda Softworks.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/1iLt...urce=Community

That's a pretty big deal in video game world.

I like Bethesda. The Fallout 76 debacle really hurt their stock, but I'm still excited to see what they do with Starfield and ES6. Will those games be "Xbox-only" releases?

I can only imagine with MS now funding their games...all of their upcoming titles are going to be better.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    I like Bethesda. The Fallout 76 debacle really hurt their stock, but I'm still excited to see what they do with Starfield and ES6. Will those games be "Xbox-only" releases?
    Prolly won't know for a while, but from my POV, paying 7.5B for the ability to make something console exclusive, you use that console exclusivity to sell systems. On Resetera some people think they want to move to more of a Sega route and have their games on all platforms while still having their own console as well. TBD.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Prolly won't know for a while, but from my POV, paying 7.5B for the ability to make something console exclusive, you use that console exclusivity to sell systems. On Resetera some people think they want to move to more of a Sega route and have their games on all platforms while still having their own console as well. TBD.
    Im VERY curious to see how this plays out. You bring up a good point. If Bethesda titles do indeed become Xbox exclusive, that will definitely drive of the Series X sales (which is the point). ES6 is INSANELY anticipated. Imagine owning a PS and knowing you won't be able to play it when it's released?

As an Xbox One X owner, I hate that I can't play any Unchartered games, or Last of Us or God of War or Ghosts of Tsushima. I guess PS5 owners will finally get a taste of that. Lol.

Blog Entries

I DL'ed Tony Hawk. Man, definitely brings back memories. I remember playing this shit in college passing the controller around with my fraternity bros drinking beers while trying to beat each other's scores.

Also, this game isn't easy.

I haven't bought Madden yet. Dont know if I will. I'll probably wait on that...I've heard "meh" reviews. I dont play online and prefer the offline franchise mode...

Really, the only game I'm looking forward to is Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    CyberPunk 2077 by CDPR and FarCry6 by UbiSoft should be pretty cool too

I DL'ed Tony Hawk. Man, definitely brings back memories. I remember playing this shit in college passing the controller around with my fraternity bros drinking beers while trying to beat each other's scores.

I haven't bought Madden yet. Dont know if I will. I'll probably wait on that...I've heard "meh" reviews. I dont play online and prefer the offline franchise mode...

I’m an offline franchise player as well and am happy to have purchased Madden this year:
    No one can take my full season and playoffs away with a great LJ8 that is fun to use.

I hadnt bought it in about 3 years, and it is still mostly the same game, hence the Meh reviews, but I had to have this roster...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I’m an offline franchise player as well and am happy to have purchased Madden this year:
    No one can take my full season and playoffs away with a great LJ8 that is fun to use.

I hadnt bought it in about 3 years, and it is still mostly the same game, hence the Meh reviews, but I had to have this roster...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is really petty, but does the Madden edition have all of the SJW stuff?

Blog Entries

Make sure you do the tutorial if you haven't. There are things like the revert, or changing tricks while doing grind/manual/lip tricks, which get your combo score higher very easily, that I had forgot about after so many years. I was struggling to hit the high score challenges until I did the tutorial and that made it much easier. Maxing out the manual or grind balance stats and then just constantly changing tricks makes every high score challenge so far completely trivial.

This is really petty, but does the Madden edition have all of the SJW stuff?
    All I have noticed is a celebration option called "Solidarity" which you can not use if you don't want to. Just makes the player either raise a fist or kneel with a raised first after scoring a TD.

According to Origin I have 40 hours played in it, I only play Franchise mode and don't touch anything else in the game, and my opinion is it's pretty much identical to Madden 20 (which I had 106 hours in according to Origin). There are certainly no significant improvements to anything at all. It comes included with my EA Play subscription so I didn't pay $60 for it, I don't think it's worth $60 for what amounts to a roster update for Franchise players. But included with a different subscription, it's fun enough.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Im VERY curious to see how this plays out. You bring up a good point. If Bethesda titles do indeed become Xbox exclusive, that will definitely drive of the Series X sales (which is the point). ES6 is INSANELY anticipated. Imagine owning a PS and knowing you won't be able to play it when it's released?

As an Xbox One X owner, I hate that I can't play any Unchartered games, or Last of Us or God of War or Ghosts of Tsushima. I guess PS5 owners will finally get a taste of that. Lol.
    Phil Spencer said future releases would be on a case by case basis for anything other than PC/Xbox. My take on that is if the game will run on Nintendo Switch (or whatever Nintendo's next thing is), they'll port it there, but probably not PS5.
    back on twitter

I know how much some of you like Skyrim and other Bethesda properties, there is some absolutely enormous news in the gaming world today...Microsoft has bought Bethesda for a whopping 7.5 BILLION. Historically this would mean that all of the following Bethesa properties are now going to be console exclusive to Xbox:

Elder Scrolls series
    Fallout series
    Doom series
    Wolfenstein series
    Dishonored series

No way to really put how significant this news is. No Elder Scrolls or Fallout on Sony or Nintendo consoles going forward is a really, really big deal.
    We'll see. They own Obsidian, but outer worlds made it to all the consoles. I'm excited for what this means for game pass though.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk