Page 61 of 101 FirstFirst ... 5960616263 ... LastLast

Re: The Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    https://youtu.be/PMZARawoASE

I just found a compilation of people getting pissed at Sekiro.

Ha............larious.
    I like Bloodbourne the best myself. Has a cool Lovecraftian story and is a bad ass looking world.

https://youtu.be/PMZARawoASE

I just found a compilation of people getting pissed at Sekiro.

Ha............larious.
    LOL! Thats some great stuff. This game looks a lot like Nioh (another Souls type game).

If youre looking for samurai action Nioh is a great game and you can probably get the 1st one pretty cheap now. 2nd one came out pretty recently.

Blog Entries

nevermind...

Just remember you said this:
    Yeah, I was not a fan of Sekiro. It didn't work for me at all. Like I said there I am a fan of that style of game but I just didn't like it. However, it won Game of the Year at the Game Awards so there are plenty of people that do like it.

Here's the thing with Sekiro, it plays completely different than basically every other Souls type game, it's much more rhythm based in it's combat and you have to be able to time your parrying to have any hope of success. I always played the Souls-like games with either a shield or dodging, very rarely parry, so it was jarring for me to transition to and I just never put enough effort to learn it.

I highly recommend Bloodborne, Dark Souls Remaster, Dark Souls 3, Nioh, or Code:Vein, if you are looking for a game in that style.

Bloodborne is perhaps my favorite PS4 game, but have to be very clear, it's hard as fuck right from the first boss and outside of a couple bosses, it doesn't ever really let up. Like Sekiro, it's a game where you have to learn the mechanics and utilize all the tools in your arsenal to succeed.

Dark Souls started it all and is as much a classic today as it was when it came out. The world design is phenomenal, the challenge is just right, it's just sublime to play. This game is absolutely without question in my top five games of all time. After 30+ years of gaming, I can not give it higher praise than that.

Dark Souls 3 is the most refined Dark Souls game. It's also the easiest. Generally the story in these games is vague, so you don't necessarily need to play 1 before 3. Dark Souls 2 is generally considered the black sheep of the series, and a lesser game than 1 or 3.

Nioh is by a different company, but every bit as good. It's the most similar to Sekiro, if you are looking something with a Japanese/Samurai/Ninja type slant.

I just played Code:Vein recently. Anime style, not too tough. Kind of generic but I enjoyed it. Probably not the one you want to play first if you're new to the genre though (you have a companion throughout which makes it significantly easier than the other games in this genre)
    Last edited by Bhcforlife; 05-14-2020 at 04:32 PM.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Also, if you are interested in playing any of these games, the less footage you watch on YouTube, the more you will enjoy them. They are best experienced blind the first time through. Trust me on that.

Also, Demon's Souls technically was the first in this style, but until we get a way to play it other than on PS3, it's tough to recommend that one. A bit too dated at this point.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

BHC...

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice?

Thoughts?

I just checked out an Xbox One X gameplay video on youtube and it looks pretty damn sweet.

Have you played it?
    That and outer worlds are on game pass if you have it.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

New PGA game is exciting. Theyre basically just ramping up The Golf Club series which is great. TGC has a good base, but need some imigination (Swing style is terrible, career mode is boring). That's 2k's bread and butter. Could see this developing into something awesome.

Tony Hawk series being remastered is amazing too.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    New PGA game is exciting. Theyre basically just ramping up The Golf Club series which is great. TGC has a good base, but need some imigination (Swing style is terrible, career mode is boring). That's 2k's bread and butter. Could see this developing into something awesome.

Tony Hawk series being remastered is amazing too.
    Saw that I can pre-order the Tony Hawk games on epic. Tempting since I never had the games for Playstation and had to go to a friend's house to play.

Blog Entries

As seen on FB:

back on twitter

Finally bought a freemcboot memory card for the ps2. Going to try and use it to dump the bios off my ps and ps2 so I can stream the games to the tvs in my house. Will let you guys know how it goes!

Sekiro is absolutely fantastic.

I just started and I’ve got the hang of it. Only died a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Also, if you are interested in playing any of these games, the less footage you watch on YouTube, the more you will enjoy them. They are best experienced blind the first time through. Trust me on that.

Also, Demon's Souls technically was the first in this style, but until we get a way to play it other than on PS3, it's tough to recommend that one. A bit too dated at this point.
    Demon's Souls is getting a remake on ps5!

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    I like Bloodbourne the best myself. Has a cool Lovecraftian story and is a bad ass looking world.
    Is it Lovecraftian or Steampunk/Goth.