Page 40 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3839404142 ... LastLast

Re: The Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    MS hook is going to be the console that can play games in 4K/8K and 120FPS for sub-$500, likely $400 so they don't repeat the same mistake they had this generation where the X1 came in $100 higher than PS4. Where a PC that will run games at those resolutions and that kind of frame rate will be $2000+ (I think, I haven't looked at PC part prices in a while)
    Tough to say. Graphics cards that can do that are the killer. I'm still a year off from building a new pc though, so may be more affordable.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Tough to say. Graphics cards that can do that are the killer. I'm still a year off from building a new pc though, so may be more affordable.

Yeah, I'm going to have to do some major upgrades soon. I've had mine since late 2015 now and haven't done anything to it since. I put a 980TI in it at the time so it's been more the capable for a while, but starting to see it struggling to keep up on some games. Plus I think a fan is busted either on the card or in the machine. It's been getting super hot lately when I've been playing Overwatch. Not sure what my upgrade path will be yet, may just end up getting a new one and passing this one on to my wife after I fix the cooling issue.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Yeah, I'm going to have to do some major upgrades soon. I've had mine since late 2015 now and haven't done anything to it since. I put a 980TI in it at the time so it's been more the capable for a while, but starting to see it struggling to keep up on some games. Plus I think a fan is busted either on the card or in the machine. It's been getting super hot lately when I've been playing Overwatch. Not sure what my upgrade path will be yet, may just end up getting a new one and passing this one on to my wife after I fix the cooling issue.
    Yeah. I sold the desktop I built in college, so I've lost the the laptop I bought when I graduated, and it's showing its age. I'm going to add a ssd drive and replace the ram to see if that'll make it usable for everyday stuff, but with steamlink giving me the ability to play games on any TV, I'm starting to lean that way, at least for Microsoft.

Playstation still gets exclusive games, so that may be a different story.

I haven't decided if I'll go next gen or PC.

I'm really concerned about companies sturggling again when they jump to next gen
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

PC gaming is absolutely delightful. I've been a PC gamer since...probably 1996ish. I still play the consoles of course, but PC gaming has really been my main love. A lot of people still view it as a super nerdy thing but I don't think so. The best graphics, the best performance, any peripheral you could imagine, digital sales that make PSN and XBL store sales look like a joke. A lot to love about it.

Initial startup can be expensive if you want a top of the line machine (and you also need to buy monitor(s), peripherals, etc), but you can mitigate that some by building it yourself, which is very easy to do. If you do go that route me or Ortizer (sounds like anyway) could definitely help you.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

The one negative for PC is sometimes the stuff that is ported from console isn't great. I don't know how much Microsoft's stuff will suffer from that, but in the past there have been more than a few AAA titles ported from console that border on not functional at release on PC. On the flip side, Steam offers a full no-questions-asked refund policy on any game you have purchased within 2 weeks and have played less than 2 hours, so you don't really run the risk of ever being out of your money for a bad game.

I know you play 2k so definitely check how the PC port of that is. I played 100+ hours of Madden on PC this year and had no issues.
    back on twitter

After almost 7 months of play, I finally beat The Witcher III last night.

Holy smokes!

This is probably the most fun I've ever had w/a game before.

The Witcher III is undeniably the best game that I've played to date.

I hate that it's over, but I can't wait to start over and do it all again. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    After almost 7 months of play, I finally beat The Witcher III last night.

Holy smokes!

This is probably the most fun I've ever had w/a game before.

The Witcher III is undeniably the best game that I've played to date.

I hate that it's over, but I can't wait to start over and do it all again. Lol.
    NIce man! Congrats. Nothing better than finally hitting those end credits.

I gave it a few hours. It's just not my type of game, based on personal preference, not the game itself. Looks extremely deep. I'm playing Dying Light right now and got a random motivatio nto re-play GTA V so I might take that on.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

You guys and finishing games. Wife was away all weekend so it was prime time for me to power through one of the many single player games I've got on my backlog, but what did I do? I played about 30 hours of Dead by Daylight from Friday to Sunday, lol. Literally did not get off my ass all day either of the three days.

The only other game I played was a little bit of State of Decay 2.

On a side note, power gaming like that in your 30's is a terrible idea. That many hours with limited movement in a computer chair was a poor choice. I did stretch some but evidently not enough lmao I am so sore.
    back on twitter

You guys and finishing games. Wife was away all weekend so it was prime time for me to power through one of the many single player games I've got on my backlog, but what did I do? I played about 30 hours of Dead by Daylight from Friday to Sunday, lol. Literally did not get off my ass all day either of the three days.

The only other game I played was a little bit of State of Decay 2.

On a side note, power gaming like that in your 30's is a terrible idea. That many hours with limited movement in a computer chair was a poor choice. I did stretch some but evidently not enough lmao I am so sore.
    Lmao, that's funny.

Scar is sleeping at night consistently so I basically game 8-10 everynight and it's made such a difference. However, I'm the kind of gamer that prefers the 5-8 hour stretches in a story based game.

So I've been palying a tone of NBA2k and NCAA Football 13 in the evenings. I just find 2 hours isn't enough to get into the story the way I want to.
    - Ray Lewis

PC gaming is absolutely delightful. I've been a PC gamer since...probably 1996ish. I still play the consoles of course, but PC gaming has really been my main love. A lot of people still view it as a super nerdy thing but I don't think so. The best graphics, the best performance, any peripheral you could imagine, digital sales that make PSN and XBL store sales look like a joke. A lot to love about it.

Initial startup can be expensive if you want a top of the line machine (and you also need to buy monitor(s), peripherals, etc), but you can mitigate that some by building it yourself, which is very easy to do. If you do go that route me or Ortizer (sounds like anyway) could definitely help you.
    Building yourself is nice too because you can spec it any way you want, and there are some pretty awesome looking cases.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The one negative for PC is sometimes the stuff that is ported from console isn't great. I don't know how much Microsoft's stuff will suffer from that, but in the past there have been more than a few AAA titles ported from console that border on not functional at release on PC. On the flip side, Steam offers a full no-questions-asked refund policy on any game you have purchased within 2 weeks and have played less than 2 hours, so you don't really run the risk of ever being out of your money for a bad game.

I know you play 2k so definitely check how the PC port of that is. I played 100+ hours of Madden on PC this year and had no issues.
    I remember trying to play lost planet when it came free with my graphics card and while it could be played with mouse/keyboard, all the help was for an Xbox controller. Made it basically unplayable at the time .

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk