Page 30 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2829303132 ... LastLast

Re: The Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I've gotten addicted to the free to play Magic the Gathering: Arena lately.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/mtgarena

I've never been into Magic but this has made it so easy to learn and I'm starting to understand why the game is as popular as it is. I must have played for about 6 hours straight last night. I don't think I won a single game but it's still fun lol.
    Tell me more... Used to love the card game

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Tell me more... Used to love the card game

It's pretty much just a PC version of Magic. After the tutorial you start with 5 premade decks, red, blue, green, black, and like a gold or silver? Then you just pretty much play games, they give you quests which are stuff like play x number of lands, win a game, etc. You get gold for each game you play and I believe each quest you complete, which you can then use to buy additional card packs. Can also buy them with money if you want. From what I understand it's the cleanest/purest electronic version of Magic and the most up to date with the actual physical card game.

It's free so costs nothing to give it a shot. I've played a few games and I haven't won yet but I'm getting closer. Using the green deck which a couple of friends who play the physical version said was good for beginners.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I don't think you'll be disappointed. If you like Skyrim and stuff like that, I feel pretty confident saying you'll enjoy.
    Ok...

THANK YOU for the endorsement. Holy hell. This is one of the best games I’ve ever played.

If Skyrim and Red Dead Redemption has sex...Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition would be the child. I’m blown away. It’s an incredible story and I have only scratched the surface. Wow.

wicked, I know you like Skyrim like I do. You NEED to get this game.

Here’s the review on metacritic:
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox...mplete-edition

Just wow.

Blog Entries

Tried Anthem through Origin Premier this weekend. Got serious Destiny vibes, and it is fun, but there is something missing that is keeping it from being great or giving me that "I NEED IT" feeling. I don't know what that is yet, but it's something. I do need to put more time into it to make a final determination...probably play some more tonight or tomorrow.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

apex legends is free and fun
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    apex legends is free and fun
    Apex Legends makes me sad because mechanically it's very similar to Titanfall 2 (set in the same universe) just without the mechs, and that game was criminally underrated and overlooked by just about everyone. The single player experience was legitimately the best and most creative FPS campaign I'd played since COD4.

But yes, Apex Legends is awesome and if you haven't tried it you definitely should.
    back on twitter

Apex Legends makes me sad because mechanically it's very similar to Titanfall 2 (set in the same universe) just without the mechs, and that game was criminally underrated and overlooked by just about everyone. The single player experience was legitimately the best and most creative FPS campaign I'd played since COD4.

But yes, Apex Legends is awesome and if you haven't tried it you definitely should.
    I never played Titanfall or Titanfall 2 as I've always been a playstation / nintendo gamer. I know xbox players rave about it.

so even with having literally no knowledge of titanfall...its a great game. Its completely killed fortnite for me except for completing challenges
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Anyone playing The Division 2? I played the first one a lot although I wouldn't say I loved it. Had a lot of stuff that frustrated me even though the core gameplay was pretty enjoyable. I've played like 15 hours or so of 2 and it's still occasionally frustrating but a big improvement over the first.

My top complaint from 1 still remains in 2, which is that it's still kind of jarring to be playing a "realistic" shooter that is numbers based. Enemies that are wearing no armor whatsoever are still bullet sponges. You shoot a guy in the head with a sniper and do 3000 damage but that only takes half their life bar. Empty a full clip from an AR into a generic enemy and they can still be still standing. Don't want to sound like I don't like the game because I do, but it kind of kills any chance of immersion into the world. Meanwhile if you come out of cover in a fight, you die in seconds. It's weird. But it's still a ton of fun.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

Picked up The Witcher on Game Fly. We'll see how this one is.

I tried NHL 19. I want to like other non-football sports games, but the NHL game was just way too many buttons and combos.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

I tried NHL 19. I want to like other non-football sports games, but the NHL game was just way too many buttons and combos.
    Yeah. My sons play NHL. It’s way to complicated for this old man. The game play and graphics are great though.

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I’m still playing it.

It’s the best game I’ve ever played in my life.

Playing tales of Vesperia definitive edition right now. Some of the twists aren't there this time because I remember them, but still holds up as my favorite game so far.