Page 28 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2627282930 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The Video Game Thread

Genres you like would be helpful, as PS2 has such a huge collection of great games.

I would co-sign on NFL 2K* instead of Madden. The 2K football games are significantly better than the Madden series from that timeframe, unless Madden '05 has some sort of nostalgic importance to you. Or just get both, because you should be able to get either for literally pennies at any retro game shop.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

I got a few games for Christmas also.

Gal Metal (Switch)
    Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Switch)
    Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu (Switch)
    Overcooked 2 (XB1)
    Fire Pro Wrestling World Tour (PS4) - best wrestling game I've played in years

I also bought my wife Genesis Collection on Switch and some Cartoon Network game that looks terrible, but has Steven Universe in it which she loves.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Genres you like would be helpful, as PS2 has such a huge collection of great games.

I would co-sign on NFL 2K* instead of Madden. The 2K football games are significantly better than the Madden series from that timeframe, unless Madden '05 has some sort of nostalgic importance to you. Or just get both, because you should be able to get either for literally pennies at any retro game shop.
    I went to a pawn shop yesterdya and got GTA Vice City and San Andreas, Madden 05 and Tony Hawk Underground.

Sports and GTA like games are my go to's (True Crime Streets of LA for example).

I reached out to a few classic game stores for:

NCAA Football 07, NCAA Basketball 08, ESPN NFL 2k5, NBA Live 2005, PGA Tiger Woods 2004
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

4. Re: The Video Game Thread

Gal Metal (Switch)
    Overcooked 2 (XB1)

I also bought my wife Genesis Collection on Switch and some Cartoon Network game that looks terrible, but has Steven Universe in it which she loves.
    I received Fallout 76 and gave my wife Spyro Reignited, both for xb1. My oldest daughter gave her sister unraveled 2 as well.

Also picked up valkyria chronicles 4 at the same ms store is having since I had to reactivate xb live to play fallout.

May grab ffx/x-2 Port for the ps4 as well since I have a little amazon credit left I could use for a ps store gift card and its on sale for 15.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Gal Metal (Switch)
    Overcooked 2 (XB1)

Oh, if you're into the remakes, picked up Rare Replay for xb1 for like 5 dollars used at gamestop a month or so ago. Has a ton of their games from arcade up through xb360 I think.

Blog Entries

Since I did one in the movies thread. My top five games of this year -

1) God of War
    2) Spider-Man
    3) Monster Hunter World
    4) Smash Ultimate
    5) Black Ops 4

Red Dead 2 is obviously missing and for me, I appreciate the game for what it is and how it expanded the medium, but at the end of the day, after the initial wow factor wore off I just didn’t find it to be that much fun. I got bored and never finished it.

Game I played the most this year is Dead by Daylight with over 600 hours from Jan-Dec according to Steam, + more on the console versions.

Has anyone seen the Playstation VR stuff? Watched Creed (boxing) game play, looks like a blast.

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

I don't have the PSVR but I have the HTC Vive and it's pretty cool. It has not been worth what I paid for it as the concept of VR sounds a lot better than VR actually is right now, but it's a cool piece I can get out for like parties or when people are over hanging out. I rarely come home from work or go to my computer on the weekend and start playing a VR game alone though.

Some of the FPS style games in VR are really cool, especially the realism based ones.
    back on twitter

I don't have the PSVR but I have the HTC Vive and it's pretty cool. It has not been worth what I paid for it as the concept of VR sounds a lot better than VR actually is right now, but it's a cool piece I can get out for like parties or when people are over hanging out. I rarely come home from work or go to my computer on the weekend and start playing a VR game alone though.

Some of the FPS style games in VR are really cool, especially the realism based ones.
    Looked some up on youtube. Pretty damn cool. Definitely going to get insanely cool and no doubt will be used for war simulation.

Last edited by usmccharles; 01-07-2019 at 06:05 AM.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Finished Assassin’s Creed Origins. Wow, that’s a long game. I basically just did the main mission line and I had a lot of hours in it. That game is well worth the $.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Rocking Tales of Vesperia : Definitive Edition finally!