Page 20 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 ... LastLast

Re: The Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Dead by Daylight, a game I've raved about here and which I would say is probably my favorite game to come out in recent years, is free on Playstation Plus this month. HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend you download it as there's no extra cost if you are already a PS+ sub. I've hundreds of hours in the PC version and will be jumping into this one too, I'll play with ya and help you learn it lol.
    Any tips on starting out here? I just played the killer and i killed a couple peeps and pit them on a hook but everyone still escaped. I was the hillbilly.

Haven't tried survivor yet.

Anyone watch the gameplay trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2? It looks so frigging cool. The stuff they added will also be used in GTA 6 (likely looking at a 2021-2022 release) and that gets me fired up.

I'm currently replaying RDR on my Xbox 360.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Anyone watch the gameplay trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2? It looks so frigging cool. The stuff they added will also be used in GTA 6 (likely looking at a 2021-2022 release) and that gets me fired up.

I'm currently replaying RDR on my Xbox 360.
    I just finished it a few months ago. Still holds up after all these years.

I believe RDR2 will be the best game ever...until Elder Scrolls 6 is released.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    I just finished it a few months ago. Still holds up after all these years.

I believe RDR2 will be the best game ever...until Elder Scrolls 6 is released.
    I think it has that potential as well. Rockstar is just so good.

One thing that annoyed me while I was playing last night was seeing gameplay improvements that will come out in RDR2 and just wishing they were in it now lol.

I know this sound sstupid, but the whole having a relationship with your horse thing is so frigging cool. I really appreciate little details like that.

I'm interested to see how big the world will be. I know RDR was supposed to be the Texas-Mexico boarder, but I really wish it was more like GTA where it was Clearly California with a lot of recognizable landmarks. Those details are stuff I like too.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Any tips on starting out here? I just played the killer and i killed a couple peeps and pit them on a hook but everyone still escaped. I was the hillbilly.

Haven't tried survivor yet.
    For survivor starting out I suggest Claudette or Meg. They each have a couple strong perks that you start with (they are unlocked for everyone at lvl 30, 35, and 40). For Claudette, it's Self Care, which lets you heal yourself and not rely on finding a medkit or your teammates. Meg has Sprint Burst and Adrenaline both of which are very good. SB got nerfed recently but it's still strong.

Keep an eye on pallets near you, when you are in a chase don't just blindly throw them down, loop the killer around the pallet until they get close, drop it and move on to the next one. On some maps, like Autohaven Wreckers, you can do this for a long time.

I generally recommend as a survivor to not be afraid of the killer and to interact with them in chases and such as much as possible. If all you do is hide every time you hear the heartbeat, you'll get killed very quickly at the higher ranks (if you intend on playing it long term) as it's much harder to totally avoid killers the higher you get.

Don't have as much to say about Killer, Nurse is the best but she's very, very hard to play, especially on console, Hag, Huntress, Billy and Clown are all good as well. Wraith and Freddy are viewed as bottom tier at high rank but their mechanics make them easy to stomp on low rank players.

Killer is tough at the start until you start getting perks that reveal the aura of survivors in certain situations. BBQ and Chili is a Leatherface perk that highlights the 3 other survivors if they are far enough away whenever you hook someone, there are some others that do similar. Makes hunting for them a lot easier when you have a general idea of where to look.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    For survivor starting out I suggest Claudette or Meg. They each have a couple strong perks that you start with (they are unlocked for everyone at lvl 30, 35, and 40). For Claudette, it's Self Care, which lets you heal yourself and not rely on finding a medkit or your teammates. Meg has Sprint Burst and Adrenaline both of which are very good. SB got nerfed recently but it's still strong.

Keep an eye on pallets near you, when you are in a chase don't just blindly throw them down, loop the killer around the pallet until they get close, drop it and move on to the next one. On some maps, like Autohaven Wreckers, you can do this for a long time.

I generally recommend as a survivor to not be afraid of the killer and to interact with them in chases and such as much as possible. If all you do is hide every time you hear the heartbeat, you'll get killed very quickly at the higher ranks (if you intend on playing it long term) as it's much harder to totally avoid killers the higher you get.

Don't have as much to say about Killer, Nurse is the best but she's very, very hard to play, especially on console, Hag, Huntress, Billy and Clown are all good as well. Wraith and Freddy are viewed as bottom tier at high rank but their mechanics make them easy to stomp on low rank players.

Killer is tough at the start until you start getting perks that reveal the aura of survivors in certain situations. BBQ and Chili is a Leatherface perk that highlights the 3 other survivors if they are far enough away whenever you hook someone, there are some others that do similar. Makes hunting for them a lot easier when you have a general idea of where to look.
    Thanks for the rundown! Havent had a chance to play it much, and still haven't tried Survivor.

Everytime I tried to play Survivor the lobby never filled. Only when I played Killer.

One thing that annoyed me while I was playing last night was seeing gameplay improvements that will come out in RDR2 and just wishing they were in it now lol.

I know this sound sstupid, but the whole having a relationship with your horse thing is so frigging cool. I really appreciate little details like that.

I'm interested to see how big the world will be. I know RDR was supposed to be the Texas-Mexico boarder, but I really wish it was more like GTA where it was Clearly California with a lot of recognizable landmarks. Those details are stuff I like too.
    Sounds like we have the same take on games. Details matter.

RDR2 is LOADED with those details that matter.

I’ve got a lot of exciting shit going on in Oct personally. I’m not gonna lie. I’m most excited about RDR2. Lol.

Sounds like we have the same take on games. Details matter.

RDR2 is LOADED with those details that matter.

I’ve got a lot of exciting shit going on in Oct personally. I’m not gonna lie. I’m most excited about RDR2. Lol.
    My only complaint with literally every Rockstar game is they've never, ever had good hand to hand combat mechanics.

The closest they came was Bully, but it still wasn't very good. I Hope that improves. Button mashing just isn't as fun IMO.
    - Ray Lewis

My only complaint with literally every Rockstar game is they've never, ever had good hand to hand combat mechanics.

The closest they came was Bully, but it still wasn't very good. I Hope that improves. Button mashing just isn't as fun IMO.
    The trailer for RDR2 shows a hand to hand combat scene. It looks like it’s been improved ten-fold.

The trailer for RDR2 shows a hand to hand combat scene. It looks like it’s been improved ten-fold.
    Just rewatched and saw it. Looks SIGNFICANTLY better. Let's hope! TBH it looked more mechanical like bully where you could grapple. I like it!
    - Ray Lewis

I've actually always appreciated that about the fallout games as well.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    I've actually always appreciated that about the fallout games as well.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    I think that’s one of the best things about Bethesda and Rockstar. The worlds they create are magnificent. One of the reasons I like Skyrim is the music and scenery. It’s almost hypnotic to play sometimes because it’s just so fucking beautiful. RDR2 looks the same way.

There’s a scene in the trailer where they’re trudging through snow on horseback. It’s a really beautiful scene. So crisp and incredibly real.