Page 90 of 101 FirstFirst ... 8889909192 ... LastLast
Results 1,069 to 1,080 of 1205

Re: The Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    You've inspired me, I think I'm gonna do a second playthrough. Maybe Blue Lions. I think I should save Black Eagles for last because... Reasons
    Yeah. I inadvertently saw a spoiler that doesn't mean much at the moment looking up the faction names, which leads me to believe it's going to be a wild ride.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Have any of you guys played Dragon Quest XI? I've been playing it for going on 9 months here, and I finally saw the credits. The game is LONG.

There's a post game that's pretty darn meaty apparently at the end, I've heard it can take anywhere from 20 to 60 hours depending on who you ask. I'm wondering if it's going to be an artfully crafted addition to an artfully crafted game or some padding to give the hardcore fans some extra tough boss battles and some fan service. I've heard very mixed opinions about the post game online, and I'm afraid to read too much so as to not be spoiled, but I was hoping someone here could give me a take on the post game.

Have any of you guys played Dragon Quest XI? I've been playing it for going on 9 months here, and I finally saw the credits. The game is LONG.

There's a post game that's pretty darn meaty apparently at the end, I've heard it can take anywhere from 20 to 60 hours depending on who you ask. I'm wondering if it's going to be an artfully crafted addition to an artfully crafted game or some padding to give the hardcore fans some extra tough boss battles and some fan service. I've heard very mixed opinions about the post game online, and I'm afraid to read too much so as to not be spoiled, but I was hoping someone here could give me a take on the post game.
    Damn. That is even longer than p5 then. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Damn. That is even longer than p5 then. Lol

I beat the main story in about 53 hours and that was pretty fast given what I've seen online. I played for 30 minutes to an hour a couple days a week for all this time. That's just kind of how I have to approach JRPGs. It helps that DQ is like a thousand mini stories, often what you accomplish in any given playthrough is like a small self contained story that might be only incidental to the overarching plot. When you finish one of these mini stories you feel like you did something and are at a natural stopping point.

I beat the main story in about 53 hours and that was pretty fast given what I've seen online. I played for 30 minutes to an hour a couple days a week for all this time. That's just kind of how I have to approach JRPGs. It helps that DQ is like a thousand mini stories, often what you accomplish in any given playthrough is like a small self contained story that might be only incidental to the overarching plot. When you finish one of these mini stories you feel like you did something and are at a natural stopping point.
    Ah. Alright. P5 royal was like 115 hours, which is relatively quick from what I understand.

Ah. Alright. P5 royal was like 115 hours, which is relatively quick from what I understand.

I mean 53 was just to see the credits roll. Some people say quitting without doing the post game is like quitting 60% into the game. I've seen some playthroughs that take 200 hours online.

I mean 53 was just to see the credits roll. Some people say quitting without doing the post game is like quitting 60% into the game. I've seen some playthroughs that take 200 hours online.
    More importantly, you recommend it? I've had it downloaded from game pass for awhile, but haven't tried it yet.

More importantly, you recommend it? I've had it downloaded from game pass for awhile, but haven't tried it yet.

It's very easily the best JRPG I've ever played, but I haven't really played all that many. It's an absolute joy. I highly suggest playing it in small increments.

Just finished my 100% playthrough of Bugsnax. All achievements. Definitely recommend.

10. Re: The Video Game Thread

Just finished my 100% playthrough of Bugsnax. All achievements. Definitely recommend.
    Dude I love that game

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    Dude I love that game
    Did you play it on PS5?

If so, when it came to all platforms it launched with new DLC on all versions for free including the PS5 version and you might have missed it if you played it a while ago. There are lots of features to the DLC but the meatiest one is a new zone called the Isle of Bigsnax. If you liked the game I recommend going through the DLC it's not too long.

12. Re: The Video Game Thread

Did you play it on PS5?

If so, when it came to all platforms it launched with new DLC on all versions for free including the PS5 version and you might have missed it if you played it a while ago. There are lots of features to the DLC but the meatiest one is a new zone called the Isle of Bigsnax. If you liked the game I recommend going through the DLC it's not too long.
    I got it on PS5 but just started playing recently, can’t wait to do more.

TBH I only got a PS5 for the new God of War I’m still waiting on, but other games like this kind of got me hooked.