Re: The Video Game Thread

So much Square to experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    So much Square to experience!
    They have been around a hot minute.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Apparently, CD Projekt Red is planning to do a series of games w/the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077...and....................the Witcher!!!!!! So, Geralt's story is apparently not over. Similar to how other gaming studios have multiple series going (Rockstar: GTA and RDR | Bethesda: Fallout and ES)...CDPR is going to do the same thing.

If I'm Bethesda Studios right now...I'm scared. Bethesda MUST MUST MUST hit the most epic homeruns w/Starfield and ES6: Redfall. If either of those titles are a flop like Fallout 76, I think the company is in trouble.

Blog Entries

I keep telling you guys, pick up Witcher 2 if you want more Witcher. It's a great game. It's not as good as 3, but it's a great game in it's own right, and dirt cheap. I think it's backwards compatible on the Xbox One. Watch a recap of the story from Witcher 1 on YouTube and you are good to go.

I have been playing WoW Classic which released a couple weeks ago. It's World of Warcraft as it was back in 2005. It's really taking me back, the nostalgia is very real. I've linked up with some of the members of my old guild from back in the 05-08 time period which has been amazing, catching up with everyone, seeing their kids, etc. My wife was gone last weekend and I legitimately played it about 18 hours straight on Saturday, then I played it most of Sunday too while watching football lol. The addictiveness of the base game is 100% still there, 15 years later.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Robotron 2084

I built a MAME cabinet in 2006 just so I could play that game whenever I wanted.
    -"You are about to enter a world of pain."

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I keep telling you guys, pick up Witcher 2 if you want more Witcher. It's a great game. It's not as good as 3, but it's a great game in it's own right, and dirt cheap. I think it's backwards compatible on the Xbox One. Watch a recap of the story from Witcher 1 on YouTube and you are good to go.

I have been playing WoW Classic which released a couple weeks ago. It's World of Warcraft as it was back in 2005. It's really taking me back, the nostalgia is very real. I've linked up with some of the members of my old guild from back in the 05-08 time period which has been amazing, catching up with everyone, seeing their kids, etc. My wife was gone last weekend and I legitimately played it about 18 hours straight on Saturday, then I played it most of Sunday too while watching football lol. The addictiveness of the base game is 100% still there, 15 years later.
    Sound like me on everquest back in the day. Lol

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

So I just beat the Mulan level, so it's early, but Kingdom Hearts 2 so far feels way less polished than Kingdom Hearts 1 did. There's a ton more to figure out. The original battle system was relatively intuitive, but man Kingdom Hearts 2 feels like it complicated things a lot. Much more menus to navigate in the heat of combat. I don't get the 2 weapon mechanic. I never am holding 2 weapons even though it says 2 weapons are equipped. It's just very confusing. The gummi ship segments are way way more frustrating now. It's really tough to see where I am relative to everything else because the camera is constantly flipping out. The story feels way less cohesive. It was a little confusing in the 1st one, but this is a mess. Why am I closing these keyholes? We established the heartless don't care about the keyholes anymore they are appearing from people's hearts now? Why are they not in the world anymore, instead they're like in some alternate plane I just enter after beating the world? Why am I even going on this quest in the first place? Why do I need to go to these worlds? Why does Hollow Bastion look completely different than the last time I was there? Why does everyone in Organization 13 dress the same? It's impossible to keep track of who's who.

They just over complicated everything. First game made sense. Go to the worlds to lock the keyholes to weaken the heartless. We had a clear enemy and clear goal. The sequel is a mess.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Blog Entries

I got Modern Warfare from Redbox this weekend. I am enjoying it, the grounded and weighty combat and movement feels a lot different than all of the more recent Call of Duty games. I have too many other things to play right now to but it, but I will pick it up eventually or maybe my wife will get it for me for Christmas.

Only bad thing, the multiplayer maps are not great. Hard to believe they are done by the same people who made the maps in 4 and Modern Warfare 2.

Blog Entries

Finished AC Unity. That was pretty fun.

Started playing AC Odyssey. It’s pretty fun as well.

AC Origins is still the best one in the AC universe as far as I’m concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Finished Modern Warfare. It was fun, a lot of variety in the missions. I finished it in about 5 hours or so, so probably don’t buy this if you aren’t going to play MP. Going to dabble in MP now to see if it’s something I want to buy in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Finished Modern Warfare. It was fun, a lot of variety in the missions. I finished it in about 5 hours or so, so probably don’t buy this if you aren’t going to play MP. Going to dabble in MP now to see if it’s something I want to buy in the future.
    Im hoping to pick it up soon, still gotta get a ps4 though. I never really play campaign as MP is too fun. I heard there was a mission that was extremely brutal in campaign, can you confirm without spoiling?
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

There are a couple of flashback missions that are pretty intense. I don't know if it's a spoiler because it's been talked about freely on gaming websites and social media, but there is a mission where you play as a kid approximately 8~ years old or so. Much like No Russian in MW2 it is integral to the story but it also seems just as gratuitous.

I played a couple games of MP. The Ground War mode is an interesting twist on the COD formula, but it's got the same problem I have with Battlefield where you spend more time running around than you do actually fighting anyone (well I do at least). Need to play more but my Redbox is up. Might rent it again next weekend if it's available again.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52