Page 52 of 101 FirstFirst ... 5051525354 ... LastLast

Re: The Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I will tonight!

Actually really enjoying this years COD. Some hate it, but Ive had a lot of fun. I dont buy it very foten so it feels good when I do.
    Yea there has been a lot of bitching in the reddit sub for Modern Warfare and to be fair, there are some things that are just plain annoying, but overall i have a blast playing. Gun fight is absolutely amazing.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I like Modern Warfare too.

I just get frustrated because I can’t play like I could 10-12 years ago. Reflexes are not what they used to be and I don’t have the time to acquire that muscle memory these days. It’s why I stick more to tactical FPS at this point.
    Feel free to add me as well

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

I like Modern Warfare too.

I just get frustrated because I can’t play like I could 10-12 years ago. Reflexes are not what they used to be and I don’t have the time to acquire that muscle memory these days. It’s why I stick more to tactical FPS at this point.
    I feel you on this. I get frigging mad, man.

I loaded up MW2 on my 360 the other day just out of curiosity. 2.12 K/D. Used to be highly ranked.

Now I’m lucky to go 10/12 in team death match lol
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Feel free to add me as well

Will do. I am slinkinbirb

I feel you on this. I get frigging mad, man.

I loaded up MW2 on my 360 the other day just out of curiosity. 2.12 K/D. Used to be highly ranked.

Now I’m lucky to go 10/12 in team death match lol
    Yeah, exactly lol. Back in COD4 I would pull 40-50 kill games with under 10 deaths pretty regularly, and that wasn't done with camping. I didn't have a job at the time and was finished school, so I played it 8-10 hours a night, almost every night for about 6 months straight. I would get on around 8 or 9 and play until 4, 5, 6 AM. Some summer nights the sun would be up when I logged on and would be coming back up when I logged off. It was a real addiction that in hindsight, much like my WoW addiction, wasn't healthy, but it was a lot of fun.

It got to be where my aim was so on point I would use that M40 bolt action sniper w/ an ACOG scope (which turned it into a 1 hit kill to any part of the body, but the reload time between shots was a couple seconds so you basically couldn't miss or you die) almost exclusively, whether in long or short range situations.

I really wish that all this e-sports and streaming stuff was around back then because I legitimately could have gotten into it.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Been playing a PC game called Squad lately, and having a ton of fun with it. It's a squad based, realistic, tactical FPS game. Think Battlefield size maps with a similar capture point mechanic, but far more realistic and slower paced. 80 player games, 40 per side, you join a squad of 9, each squad has a Squad Leader that gets orders direct from the Commander (who is decided pre-game). There are additional squads for Logistics support and Armor support (tanks). In theory, the Commander designates target objectives for each squad, SL then passes that order to the rest of the squad. When everyone is buying into it (which usually DOES happen because it's sort of required to succeed in this game), it's a hell of an experience.

Had one game over the weekend where I was playing OPFOR and my squad was holding a point for about 15 minutes against 3 US Force squads before we got overrun, there's nothing else like it in gaming. You have mortars falling all around you, you can't hardly see the enemy, you are constantly trying to bandage guys without getting blown up by the mortars or grenades, and to top it off because this is PC you have actual communication over the mics, and often times when playing OPFOR people will roleplay in Middle Eastern or Russian voices which makes it a hilarious experience even as all the chaos is going on around you.

A gem of a game and highly recommended if you PC game.
    How much is it?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Been playing the new COD and it does remind me that I hate the PS4 controller.
    https://www.shop4megastore.com/ps4-c...roller-for-ps4

If they ship to Canada anyways

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    How much is it?

It's $40, but wait for a sale. It goes on sale pretty frequently.

Here is a video - note that the game is played in first person, but this kind of gives you a bird's eye view of the tactics and teamwork that make the game different from your standard COD or Battlefield type game, as well as the huge scope of the game.

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

It's $40, but wait for a sale. It goes on sale pretty frequently.

Here is a video - note that the game is played in first person, but this kind of gives you a bird's eye view of the tactics and teamwork that make the game different from your standard COD or Battlefield type game, as well as the huge scope of the game.

That was very fun to watch actually

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    That was very fun to watch actually

It's a lot of fun to play too. One of the things I love most about PC gaming is all the niche titles there are on the platform that you just don't see on console.

The same company also made a WW2 game that's very similar called Post Scriptum. I have this too, but it's a lot harder to play lol.

back on twitter

I'm going to throw this out there from my weekend experience. Jedi: Fallen Order sucks... Outer Worlds is AMAZING!!!! I picked up Witcher III as well but I doubt I'll even get to it with how good Outer Worlds is. It is the same people who made SkyRim and Fallout 4. The gameplay is a mix of those two, but the writing is unbelievably good, and hilarious in ever single detail. We just started it but I'm incredibly excited to see where this goes.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    I'm going to throw this out there from my weekend experience. Jedi: Fallen Order sucks...
    I recently picked that up too because I saw it for $25 @ GameStop but I haven't started yet. I'm still knee-deep in AC Odyssey. You think FO sucks? Really? The reviews I've seen say it's pretty solid. That's the first negative take on it that I've heard so far.

Outer Worlds is AMAZING!!!...It is the same people who made SkyRim and Fallout 4
    Obsidien Entertainment did Outer Worlds. They also did Fallout New Vegas. Bethesda did Fallout 4 and Skyrim.

I picked up Witcher III as well but I doubt I'll even get to it with how good Outer Worlds is
    I actually never heard of Outer Worlds until I read this post. It looks JUST LIKE Fallout 4 from the clip I watched.
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 01-20-2020 at 02:55 PM.

Blog Entries

I'm going to throw this out there from my weekend experience. Jedi: Fallen Order sucks... Outer Worlds is AMAZING!!!! I picked up Witcher III as well but I doubt I'll even get to it with how good Outer Worlds is. It is the same people who made SkyRim and Fallout 4. The gameplay is a mix of those two, but the writing is unbelievably good, and hilarious in ever single detail. We just started it but I'm incredibly excited to see where this goes.
    Witcher III is one of the best games I've ever played.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.