Political Reality: Joe Biden Investments Leads To The South Dominating The Clean Energy Economy

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/0...tates-00110940

Like him or not, jobs are what matters. Well, like the old saying goes: It's the economy stupid!

Majority of new clean energy projects will be in GOP districts: Republican 123 Democrats 76

North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Arizona, Kentucky, and Alabama.

“We always knew that it would fall across America, not in one particular state or another,” Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer said in an interview. “We know that rural areas have been neglected, we know that rural areas have fallen behind, and we wanted to help those rural areas. And if some of those rural areas are red, so be it.”

As the IRA hits its first anniversary, POLITICO traveled across the nation to examine how the law is playing out in Oklahoma (where the Republican governor is claiming credit for the state’s booming clean energy sector), Michigan (where multibillion-dollar battery projects will generate jobs but are provoking uproars over Chinese ties) and upstate New York (where Republican congress members in Biden districts are trying to navigate the politics of the IRA).
    The wife put her hand on her knee for healing and the husband on his crotch.

Wife: "Husband the pastor can only do healing miracles, not raise the dead!"

Re: Political Reality: Joe Biden Investments Leads To The South Dominating The Clean Energy Economy

Look at you patting yourself on the back.....LOL you liberal little devil you. "clean energy projects".........LOLOLOL none of them would exist without tax dollars. It isn't like a company came in expanded and built a new factory. No, the Government gave someone money and they are installing tax payer funded solar panels.......wind turbines etc. none of it was organic.......it was calculated and executed perfectly. Chucky knew exactly what he was doing, it's called buying votes.......with tax payers money. Kudos to the Democrats! Don't think it will do much good, Biden is a train wreck and the DNC knows it. What some of your kind don't get is that Biden is going to drag down the under ballot with him. Their little bump this clean energy sector ( makes me giggle every time I say it) gets will be offset by every G-20 summit speech Biden gives.

The Democrats ONLY saving grace is that Trump leads the GOP polls. It's early yet.......why the Democrats are trying to jail Trump is beyond me. There is an incredible amount of people who will not vote for Trump......just because his name is Trump. You run Trump out of the race then you will have to face a real candidate. But no one is going to ever mistakenly call the DNC smart.

I could say the same thing about the GOP.......someone should get in Trump's ear and tell him to take a seat........they railroaded him the last election, what makes them think it won't happen again? Another candidate at least has a punchers chance. The Democrats have already proven they will lie, cheat and steal to avoid Trump from winning.......again.

The GOP has to come up with a better plan then Trump. Look I like Trump........but it's not happening. The quicker we face it and figure it out the better.
    Always buying Antique and vintage items......

Re: Political Reality: Joe Biden Investments Leads To The South Dominating The Clean Energy Economy

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    Look at you patting yourself on the back.....LOL you liberal little devil you. "clean energy projects".........LOLOLOL none of them would exist without tax dollars. It isn't like a company came in expanded and built a new factory. No, the Government gave someone money and they are installing tax payer funded solar panels.......wind turbines etc. none of it was organic.......it was calculated and executed perfectly. Chucky knew exactly what he was doing, it's called buying votes.......with tax payers money. Kudos to the Democrats! Don't think it will do much good, Biden is a train wreck and the DNC knows it. What some of your kind don't get is that Biden is going to drag down the under ballot with him. Their little bump this clean energy sector ( makes me giggle every time I say it) gets will be offset by every G-20 summit speech Biden gives.

The Democrats ONLY saving grace is that Trump leads the GOP polls. It's early yet.......why the Democrats are trying to jail Trump is beyond me. There is an incredible amount of people who will not vote for Trump......just because his name is Trump. You run Trump out of the race then you will have to face a real candidate. But no one is going to ever mistakenly call the DNC smart.

I could say the same thing about the GOP.......someone should get in Trump's ear and tell him to take a seat........they railroaded him the last election, what makes them think it won't happen again? Another candidate at least has a punchers chance. The Democrats have already proven they will lie, cheat and steal to avoid Trump from winning.......again.

The GOP has to come up with a better plan then Trump. Look I like Trump........but it's not happening. The quicker we face it and figure it out the better.
    I'm not a liberal and didn't even vote for Joe Biden. The problem with politics is a lot of people are cheerleaders instead of examining the facts. In fact according to the following link the democrat unions are furious with Biden and are withholding their endorsement because of this: https://www.politico.com/news/2023/0...genda-00115415.

The UAW has said it “supports the transition to a clean auto industry” — but it has slammed the Biden administration for issuing multibillion-dollar clean energy loans “with no consideration for wages, working conditions, union rights or retirement security,” including $9.2 billion awarded to Ford for battery plants it plans to build in Tennessee and Kentucky.

Would you rather Biden kept spending it in Afghanistan or money spent on providing job for Americans?
    Last edited by simplesimon; 09-13-2023 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by simplesimon View Post
    I'm not a liberal and didn't even vote for Joe Biden. The problem with politics is a lot of people are cheerleaders instead of examining the facts. In fact according to the following link the democrat unions are furious with Biden and are withholding their endorsement because of this: https://www.politico.com/news/2023/0...genda-00115415.

The UAW has said it “supports the transition to a clean auto industry” — but it has slammed the Biden administration for issuing multibillion-dollar clean energy loans “with no consideration for wages, working conditions, union rights or retirement security,” including $9.2 billion awarded to Ford for battery plants it plans to build in Tennessee and Kentucky.

Would you rather Biden kept spending it in Afghanistan or money spent on providing job for Americans?
    I would prefer Biden not spend the money at all and let the free market handle it

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I would prefer Biden not spend the money at all and let the free market handle it
    That free market had everything set up in China to dominate the clean energy sector and semiconductor sector. When Biden became president, it has been brought back to America and with that jobs created in America.

That free market had everything set up in China to dominate the clean energy sector and semiconductor sector. When Biden became president, it has been brought back to America and with that jobs created in America.
    Its not really job creation, its the govt picking winners. Hey lets throw money at economically inefficient markets

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Massive Chinese government subsidies do not equal a free market, sir.

Sir, we're dealing with realities, not absolutes. There's no such thing as a free market. China had moved up to the #2 economy behind the United States because of subsidies.

Sir, we're dealing with realities, not absolutes. There's no such thing as a free market. China had moved up to the #2 economy behind the United States because of subsidies.
    So subsidies are so great, why don’t we just move to central planning?

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

LOL, all I did was point out this was not a free market, so your diatribe against free markets didn't fit.

There are such things as free markets, the problem is folks who think they know better about this or that sticking their noses in.

Do you know someone who sells or vegetables by the side of the road? That's a free market.

Somebody having a garage sale? Free market.

Oh, and subsidies did not grow the Chinese market, us as a customer did. Subsidies and selling things for less than the cost to produce, distribute, and market cannot work long term.

This is what happens when idiots who have never run a lemonade stand make decisions in our government and teach at our schools. People believe stupid ideas.

You keep thinking that taking American tax dollars.....giving them to someone else is somehow "creating jobs" It's not......never was, it's redistribution of wealth....another form of welfare. It doesn't create anything. Same thing when congress passes "infrastructure bills" it does little to expand the economy. Sure, there are jobs that are needed to pave highways etc. But the Government is just taking money......or in this case borrowing money that has to be paid back to "create" these jobs.

True economic growth is established by companies that are expanding and truly creating jobs. AKA capitalism........always was......always will be. The ABSOLUTE truth is the "clean energy" sector would not exist without the American tax payer. Car companies ( even Tesla) would not have a EV program without the American taxpayer. There is no money in it. No profit......all these ads you see about "free" solar panels......as you may guess they are not free.....nothing is free. They are simply paid for by the American tax payer. Solar panel fields, wind turbine fields.......none of it would exist without the American tax payer.

Billions and billions have been spent already, this clean energy sector will NEVER be profitable. It will NEVER recover the money that has already been spent. This program you speak of? Where these so called jobs are created? The money is borrowed, the United states is broke......broke broke broke! You want us to pat Biden on the back because they borrow some money and give it to someone else to install a solar panel? SO I am supposed to jump up and down because he swiped his credit card and took that money and paid some guy in Kentucky to install a solar panel that will never pay for itself......that's what you want me to do?

You go ahead and have a feel good moment.....go right ahead, while they tax the shit out of you.......and your all giggles......take more of my money!

people that control these solar panel companies......wind turbine companies....clean energy companies are getting rich. They then in return donate money to certain political campaigns. Wanna bet which political party campaigns receive that money? There's only two choices.......lol

It's the new money laundering scheme, I have one name for you........Solyndra. Ever hear of that company? Obama gave them billions of tax payer money and disappeared, went out of business.