Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 7778798081 LastLast
Results 937 to 948 of 969
  1. #937

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Me and the boys picked up a game called Phasmophobia for Halloween time, it's fucking great, but only if you have 4 people to play together. Have to go to locations and use stuff like Spirit Box, EMF detectors, motion detectors, etc., to find a ghost that is haunting the place. Solo, not fun...must be played with friends. Part of the fun is hearing your friend's last words before the ghost gets them lol

    They messed with me the first time I played, when you use the Spirit Box you have to actually ask (say the words into your mic) stuff like "Are you here" "are you with us" etc., to get an answer. Not too proud to say the first time it answered with "Right behind you" I freaked the fuck out lol.

    My wife commented that the trailer makes the game look kind of boring and it does, you'll just have to trust me that it's fun.

    Nice! Iíve been playing some scary games this time of year too. A couple old Castlevaniaís, Limbo, and Horror Land on Mario Party LOL





  2. #938
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    10,870

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Me and the boys picked up a game called Phasmophobia for Halloween time, it's fucking great, but only if you have 4 people to play together. Have to go to locations and use stuff like Spirit Box, EMF detectors, motion detectors, etc., to find a ghost that is haunting the place. Solo, not fun...must be played with friends. Part of the fun is hearing your friend's last words before the ghost gets them lol

    They messed with me the first time I played, when you use the Spirit Box you have to actually ask (say the words into your mic) stuff like "Are you here" "are you with us" etc., to get an answer. Not too proud to say the first time it answered with "Right behind you" I freaked the fuck out lol.

    My wife commented that the trailer makes the game look kind of boring and it does, you'll just have to trust me that it's fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Nice! Iíve been playing some scary games this time of year too. A couple old Castlevaniaís, Limbo, and Horror Land on Mario Party LOL
    Either of you try Visage?

    Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk





  3. #939
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    10,870

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    So anyone have any game suggestions for trying to stress a GPU? Upgraded to a 3080 and want to see what it can do.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk





  4. #940
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    14,148
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    So anyone have any game suggestions for trying to stress a GPU? Upgraded to a 3080 and want to see what it can do.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    Probably Cyberpunk. Game got a bad rap at release but that was primarily because of the issues on the console versions. PC one wasn't perfect, but much better, and I'd imagine it's even better now. In any case, graphically I'm not sure there's anything better on the PC market today.

    Been playing Sea of Thieves with my friends. Slept on this game for too long. A LOT of fun.
    back on twitter

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





  5. #941
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    10,870

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Probably Cyberpunk. Game got a bad rap at release but that was primarily because of the issues on the console versions. PC one wasn't perfect, but much better, and I'd imagine it's even better now. In any case, graphically I'm not sure there's anything better on the PC market today.

    Been playing Sea of Thieves with my friends. Slept on this game for too long. A LOT of fun.
    I've been hearing that game is awesome. Just reluctant on MMOs if I can't convince my wife to play too, because those can turn into a time sink. Lol.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk





  6. #942

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    How many Total War people on this thread? I have been watching a lot of military history videos on Youtube and thought that might be an interesting one to play to help internalize and learn what I was watching better. It's kind of hard to learn though. AOE was easy for me to pick up but back in the day, 10 or more years ago, I tried Rome Total War and I sucked at it. I bought Medieval Total War 2 on Steam and am similarly struggling. The controls are confusing. Maybe if I used a mouse it would be better but I'm having a hard time with it. They really need more tutorials that start you with absolute basics and work up to larger battles. It's just getting familiar with controls that is killing me right now.





  7. #943
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    14,148
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    How many Total War people on this thread? I have been watching a lot of military history videos on Youtube and thought that might be an interesting one to play to help internalize and learn what I was watching better. It's kind of hard to learn though. AOE was easy for me to pick up but back in the day, 10 or more years ago, I tried Rome Total War and I sucked at it. I bought Medieval Total War 2 on Steam and am similarly struggling. The controls are confusing. Maybe if I used a mouse it would be better but I'm having a hard time with it. They really need more tutorials that start you with absolute basics and work up to larger battles. It's just getting familiar with controls that is killing me right now.
    I don't like the combat portions of the Total War games, but I like the other aspects of it. I wouldn't try without a mouse either way.

    The focus may be too recent if you are looking at medieval military tactics etc. but this is my favorite war strategy game.

    https://store.steampowered.com/app/3...ts_of_Iron_IV/
    back on twitter

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





  8. #944
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    10,870

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    How many Total War people on this thread? I have been watching a lot of military history videos on Youtube and thought that might be an interesting one to play to help internalize and learn what I was watching better. It's kind of hard to learn though. AOE was easy for me to pick up but back in the day, 10 or more years ago, I tried Rome Total War and I sucked at it. I bought Medieval Total War 2 on Steam and am similarly struggling. The controls are confusing. Maybe if I used a mouse it would be better but I'm having a hard time with it. They really need more tutorials that start you with absolute basics and work up to larger battles. It's just getting familiar with controls that is killing me right now.
    You definitely need a mouse and keyboard for rts. I cannot imagine using a controller for the combat in that game. Also, in Rome and Medieval, make sure you have your cavalry ready to flank at all times. ;)

    Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk





  9. #945
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    14,148
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    I don't know if I mentioned but I picked up an Oculus Quest 2 over Black Friday, such a cool little toy. VR still has a long way to go but it's still amazing how far it has come already. I have this game called Pavlov which is basically a FPS but in VR, it's a wild experience. Fighting someone mid or close range in VR like that is a totally different experience than just playing it on a TV. Crouching in real life to get behind cover, frantically trying to reload your weapon (which you have to do like you would in real life - well, as close as it can be given the medium) before the enemy does, it's fucking awesome. I had brushed this off as just a gimmick but having experienced it, it's definitely the future of gaming.
    back on twitter

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





  10. #946

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I don't like the combat portions of the Total War games, but I like the other aspects of it. I wouldn't try without a mouse either way.

    The focus may be too recent if you are looking at medieval military tactics etc. but this is my favorite war strategy game.

    https://store.steampowered.com/app/3...ts_of_Iron_IV/
    I'm going to load this one today. Like in 1 hour after I knock off of work.





  11. #947
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    10,870

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I don't know if I mentioned but I picked up an Oculus Quest 2 over Black Friday, such a cool little toy. VR still has a long way to go but it's still amazing how far it has come already. I have this game called Pavlov which is basically a FPS but in VR, it's a wild experience. Fighting someone mid or close range in VR like that is a totally different experience than just playing it on a TV. Crouching in real life to get behind cover, frantically trying to reload your weapon (which you have to do like you would in real life - well, as close as it can be given the medium) before the enemy does, it's fucking awesome. I had brushed this off as just a gimmick but having experienced it, it's definitely the future of gaming.
    Also can make a pretty sick workout when you play the boxing games or beat sabre. Also if you're into the borderlands games, they made a vr version of 2 which you can stream from your computer to the headset.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk





  12. #948
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    14,148
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I'm going to load this one today. Like in 1 hour after I knock off of work.
    Enjoy, make sure to play the tutorials, it has a steep learning curve but if you can get past that, it's fantastic.
    back on twitter

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site
var infolinks_pid = 3297965; var infolinks_wsid = 0; //ó->