Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    10,289

    Here's an idea I like

    Let's save the people of Taiwan and help ourselves at the same time.

    We should save as many decent, hard-working, freedom-loving Taiwanese as we can, without risking a war that obliterates all of them, along with millions of Americans. How?

    Invite Them Here

    By offering political asylum to all 23.5 million residents of the island. Thatís right, invite them here, and help any willing emigrants to get here. They wonít all come, and those who choose to remain have chosen their fates. If all but three million did come, that only represents 20 years of normal U.S. immigration, legal and illegal.

    So we cut off that immigration, all of it. We build a wall, and reduce legal entries by 95%. Instead of passively accepting poorly educated Latin Americans and others who sneak in against our will, we proactively import highly educated, freedom-loving Asians. Theyíd spark an economic and tech boom.





  2. #2

    Re: Here's an idea I like

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Let's save the people of Taiwan and help ourselves at the same time.

    We should save as many decent, hard-working, freedom-loving Taiwanese as we can, without risking a war that obliterates all of them, along with millions of Americans. How?

    Invite Them Here

    By offering political asylum to all 23.5 million residents of the island. Thatís right, invite them here, and help any willing emigrants to get here. They wonít all come, and those who choose to remain have chosen their fates. If all but three million did come, that only represents 20 years of normal U.S. immigration, legal and illegal.

    So we cut off that immigration, all of it. We build a wall, and reduce legal entries by 95%. Instead of passively accepting poorly educated Latin Americans and others who sneak in against our will, we proactively import highly educated, freedom-loving Asians. Theyíd spark an economic and tech boom.
    Interesting. In reality there would probably only be 60% that would take the offer, and only then if it became a hot war, but I would be all for that proposal.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk





  3. #3

    Re: Here's an idea I like

    Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Interesting. In reality there would probably only be 60% that would take the offer, and only then if it became a hot war, but I would be all for that proposal.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    The best part of that, is almost certainly, those that do elect to take is up, are the best, brightest youngest members of society.

    Iím good with 15 million legal immigrants seeking political asylum and closing the door for the illegals:


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  4. #4

    Re: Here's an idea I like

    Can't we send all the liberals over there to replace them. Democrats love communism, so after China invades let 'em live under it for a few generations.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, ďHi Iím Ben may I have a drink please?Ē
    ProFootballMock





  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Overlea, MD
    Posts
    5,096

    Re: Here's an idea I like

    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Can't we send all the liberals over there to replace them. Democrats love communism, so after China invades let 'em live under it for a few generations.
    Dems do love communism...until it destroys their own habitat. Then, like retarded locusts, they move away from their own shit holes, only to vote for the same ideology in their new location. These people are stupid.

    Sent from my ass using Tapatalk





  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    shrewsbury, pa
    Posts
    4,332

    Re: Here's an idea I like

    Well I'd rather have them than a bunch of Ukrainians.





  7. #7

    Re: Here's an idea I like

    We are not even at replacement rates in this country I don't believe. Someone needs to build houses, work agriculture, the service economy etc.. I'm fine with educated Taiwan citizens coming here but would settle for balance.

    I am not against central American immigration at all. What we have not isn't immigration though, it's an open border.





  8. #8

    Re: Here's an idea I like

    Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    We are not even at replacement rates in this country I don't believe. Someone needs to build houses, work agriculture, the service economy etc.. I'm fine with educated Taiwan citizens coming here but would settle for balance.

    I am not against central American immigration at all. What we have not isn't immigration though, it's an open border.
    Your second paragraph is very poignant and one I agree with.

    Itís honestly more fair for EVERYONE to close the border and simply massively increase the allowable legal immigrants. We still have a labor crisis and we need workers(though not as bad as a year ago). Lower end wage scale jobs have skyrocketed helping inflation along to a large degree(though not solely responsible).

    So why not all 3? Provide the Taiwanese asylum and a path towards citizenship: Close the border from unreported immigrants and also allow much more legal and documented immigrants with a path towards citizenship.

    The key, is that we need to know who is here, that they want to be here, tax them, and provide them a path towards citizenship. Iíd they donít follow the path they can be deported. Along with this, those already here will need a similar albeit MORE DIFFICULT path towards citizenship as well.

    All of these new immigrants must be exempt from collecting federal aid for several years and required to actually pay income taxes no matter their income level: Perhaps eliminate the standard deduction for these folks or something similar. If they are not contributing or willing to do so, this isnít the place for them to be.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Blue crab country
    Posts
    1,090

    Re: Here's an idea I like

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Let's save the people of Taiwan and help ourselves at the same time.

    We should save as many decent, hard-working, freedom-loving Taiwanese as we can, without risking a war that obliterates all of them, along with millions of Americans. How?

    Invite Them Here

    By offering political asylum to all 23.5 million residents of the island. That’s right, invite them here, and help any willing emigrants to get here. They won’t all come, and those who choose to remain have chosen their fates. If all but three million did come, that only represents 20 years of normal U.S. immigration, legal and illegal.

    So we cut off that immigration, all of it. We build a wall, and reduce legal entries by 95%. Instead of passively accepting poorly educated Latin Americans and others who sneak in against our will, we proactively import highly educated, freedom-loving Asians. They’d spark an economic and tech boom.
    I would go one step further and take back our chinese owned farmland and rebuild semiconductor plants and relocate the Taiwanese there. How the hell can chinese buy land here and also donate boatloads of money to our universities? I swear we are stupid. Joe Biden stupid.
    I don't know a lot but I know a little





  10. #10

    Re: Here's an idea I like

    Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    I would go one step further and take back our chinese owned farmland and rebuild semiconductor plants and relocate the Taiwanese there. How the hell can chinese buy land here and also donate boatloads of money to our universities? I swear we are stupid. Joe Biden stupid.
    Its unfuckingbelievable. We are intentionally selling out our own country. Sickening.

    History repeats itself. Rome burns as the plotters raid the coffers and its citizens stand by in a gluttonous trance not believing its happening.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk





  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Blue crab country
    Posts
    1,090

    Re: Here's an idea I like

    Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Its unfuckingbelievable. We are intentionally selling out our own country. Sickening.

    History repeats itself. Rome burns as the plotters raid the coffers and its citizens stand by in a gluttonous trance not believing its happening.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    They make our medicine. They dominate in the rare earth market. Now they taking over our ag business/food supply. Yep the communists are taking over ever so slowly. Now this.

    https://marketrealist.com/p/is-the-i...ng-ammunition/
    I don't know a lot but I know a little





  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    11,917

    Re: Here's an idea I like

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Your second paragraph is very poignant and one I agree with.

    Itís honestly more fair for EVERYONE to close the border and simply massively increase the allowable legal immigrants. We still have a labor crisis and we need workers(though not as bad as a year ago). Lower end wage scale jobs have skyrocketed helping inflation along to a large degree(though not solely responsible).

    So why not all 3? Provide the Taiwanese asylum and a path towards citizenship: Close the border from unreported immigrants and also allow much more legal and documented immigrants with a path towards citizenship.

    The key, is that we need to know who is here, that they want to be here, tax them, and provide them a path towards citizenship. Iíd they donít follow the path they can be deported. Along with this, those already here will need a similar albeit MORE DIFFICULT path towards citizenship as well.

    All of these new immigrants must be exempt from collecting federal aid for several years and required to actually pay income taxes no matter their income level: Perhaps eliminate the standard deduction for these folks or something similar. If they are not contributing or willing to do so, this isnít the place for them to be.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I personally think that you provide a path to permanent residency to those who are here already, but came as adults illegally. Dreamers I'm okay with a path to citizenship.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site
var infolinks_pid = 3297965; var infolinks_wsid = 0; //ó->