Page 84 of 101 FirstFirst ... 8283848586 ... LastLast
Results 997 to 1,008 of 1205

Re: The Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    If you guys have any recommendations for parts or whatever, let me know. I’ve been wanting to build one forever, but the price has always scared me compared to consoles.
    Do you want to do full HD, or higher resolution gaming? Also, what is your budget and do you want rgb?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Do you want to do full HD, or higher resolution gaming? Also, what is your budget and do you want rgb?

Here’s the thing, I’m not really sure what that means. I’ll do my best.

I pretty much exclusively play on console. My TV is capable of 1440 and 30 FPS. I have a Switch and an XBox Series S. I would like maybe something in between cutting edge and that. Definitely could use an upgrade and I feel like there’s a middle ground.

No idea what RGB means.

I was talking to my brother who built a gaming PC for about $550-600ish. He said he just built one to start out with and said he’d consider upgrading it later. He didn’t even have a graphics card. But he told me it runs everything he wants it to, so he hasn’t upgraded it at all. I’m thinking maybe I can go that route. Just kind of get something very basic, and if I’m playing PC all the time maybe upgrade it from there, and if I just play occasionally stay put.

But even spending $600 for no reason is a tough ask on my wife. We’re not broke, but we’ve just always been savers.

Here’s the thing, I’m not really sure what that means. I’ll do my best.

I pretty much exclusively play on console. My TV is capable of 1440 and 30 FPS. I have a Switch and an XBox Series S. I would like maybe something in between cutting edge and that. Definitely could use an upgrade and I feel like there’s a middle ground.

No idea what RGB means.

I was talking to my brother who built a gaming PC for about $550-600ish. He said he just built one to start out with and said he’d consider upgrading it later. He didn’t even have a graphics card. But he told me it runs everything he wants it to, so he hasn’t upgraded it at all. I’m thinking maybe I can go that route. Just kind of get something very basic, and if I’m playing PC all the time maybe upgrade it from there, and if I just play occasionally stay put.

But even spending $600 for no reason is a tough ask on my wife. We’re not broke, but we’ve just always been savers.
    Rgb is the lighting inside the case. You can definitely get an apu like the ryzen 5700g and game with it. You would probably be limited to 1080p, but it would definitely save you some cash. If you can get an rtx 3060, rtx 3070, or radeon 6600xt for a gpu that would comfortable do 1440p.

I can help you spec it out if you like. Just send a message.

Rgb is the lighting inside the case. You can definitely get an apu like the ryzen 5700g and game with it. You would probably be limited to 1080p, but it would definitely save you some cash. If you can get an rtx 3060, rtx 3070, or radeon 6600xt for a gpu that would comfortable do 1440p.

I can help you spec it out if you like. Just send a message.

Appreciate all your guys’ help. I think I’ll start small but I’ll let everyone know what I’m thinking as it happens and any input would be awesome

Appreciate all your guys’ help. I think I’ll start small but I’ll let everyone know what I’m thinking as it happens and any input would be awesome
    Basic difference on an apu vs a regular cpu is not needing a graphics card. That's a $700 or so price difference though.

Have you guys ever played the Outer Wilds? I’m in the middle of it right now and it’s so hard to figure everything out

Any Mame cabinet guys on here? I bought a used Streetfighter JAMMA cabinet in about 2004 and built it out using a jpac board and new buttons and joysticks from Happ arcade controls. I am bringing it up because I bought one of those integrated mother boads then. That's a fun project. I would really like to turn it into a bartop and slim it down because it's heavy as sh** and takes up too much space. I mainly use it for robotron 84 as that was my favorite game growing up.

Have you guys ever played the Outer Wilds? I’m in the middle of it right now and it’s so hard to figure everything out
    Negative. Is it good?

Negative. Is it good?

It’s so good but cryptic as all hell. I’ve managed to get to where I’m at without any guides, but there’s a real strange mystery to the whole game.

Blog Entries

Looks like the other part of that big news was Sony is buying Bungie of Destiny fame. Looks like the competition is back on. Shouldn't really impact me being mainly a PC gamer these days.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

It’s so good but cryptic as all hell. I’ve managed to get to where I’m at without any guides, but there’s a real strange mystery to the whole game.
    Think it's available on game pass. May have to give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Looks like the other part of that big news was Sony is buying Bungie of Destiny fame. Looks like the competition is back on. Shouldn't really impact me being mainly a PC gamer these days.
    My hope is Sony shifts towards doing pc releases too vs putting them all on ps5 for a year first.