Page 31 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2930313233 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The Video Game Thread

You can play NHL with classic controls, one button shoot/pass/check/etc. Don't have to use the skill stick.

Currently been playing the original Diablo and Warcraft 2 on PC, which were both just recently re-released on GOG for modern systems. Also replaying Borderlands 2 on XB1, and this pervy game called Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash on PS4.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    You can play NHL with classic controls, one button shoot/pass/check/etc. Don't have to use the skill stick.

Currently been playing the original Diablo and Warcraft 2 on PC, which were both just recently re-released on GOG for modern systems. Also replaying Borderlands 2 on XB1, and this pervy game called Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash on PS4.
    Wait, when you say modern systems, just modern computers? Also, battle.net edition?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Wait, when you say modern systems, just modern computers? Also, battle.net edition?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Yeah, modern computers. WC2 is the BNET edition.

I just picked up a new PC game called Mordhau, which is basically "Medieval Combat Simulator". If you ever played Chivalry it's very much like that. The game itself is quite fun but the best parts are the random things that happen mid game. Coming across a player with a lute running around headbanging and strumming it to the chaos. Being in the middle of the fray and having a guy run up to you with no armor or weapon and start punching you while yelling a battle cry. Some stuff has literally made me laugh out loud while playing. I can't wait for custom maps, someone will definitely be making Game of Thrones stuff like a Winterfell map and I'm here for it.

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Anyone pick up Days Gone?

My child is finally going ot bed at a reasonable hour so I'm going ot be getting back into gaming (I legit haven't played mroe than a game of Madden since November).

I'm going to start by finishing RDR2 but then I was thinking of checking Days Gone. It was getting some pretty meh reviews though.

We're also a month out from E3, EA Play, etc. which means news will be coming!!! I'm pumped.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

I've looked at Days Gone but I'm going to wait on that one for Black Friday. The reviews haven't been good enough to make me want to run out and pick it up. Most recent games I've picked up were Mordhau on PC, Mortal Kombat 11 and Sekiro on X1.

Already talked about Mordhau.

MK11 is very good. One of the few fighting games I will actually hop online and play against others. Definitely a lot of fun.

I hated Sekiro to be honest. Complete waste of money. I love - love - love the Dark Souls games and Bloodborne too, they are some of my favorite games of the past decade. Sekiro is by the same company and generally similar in style, but it just didn't click for me. I gave up on it pretty quickly, frankly I don't have the time or patience anymore to continue banging my head against a wall in a game I'm not enjoying.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

Good rec on Witcher. It's a lot of fun. Took me a bit to get into the story though and I still feel like I'm not even close to scratching the surface.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Good rec on Witcher. It's a lot of fun. Took me a bit to get into the story though and I still feel like I'm not even close to scratching the surface.
    Did you get the Ultimate Edition version with the additional quests/stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post

I hated Sekiro to be honest. Complete waste of money. I love - love - love the Dark Souls games and Bloodborne too, they are some of my favorite games of the past decade. Sekiro is by the same company and generally similar in style, but it just didn't click for me. I gave up on it pretty quickly, frankly I don't have the time or patience anymore to continue banging my head against a wall in a game I'm not enjoying.
    Why aren't you enjoying it? Metacritic ranks it as a "must-have." What didn't click?

I'm curious because I checked out some gameplay clips last week and it looked cool. I don't think I would buy it...but...anything specific about why you didn't like it?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Did you get the Ultimate Edition version with the additional quests/stories?
    No, I didn't. I just rented it from Gamefly.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    No, I didn't. I just rented it from Gamefly.
    word...

The Heart of Stone Quests and The Blood and Wine Quests will add another 20+ hours onto the game. They're really cool and well worth it if you want the DLC's.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Why aren't you enjoying it? Metacritic ranks it as a "must-have." What didn't click?

I'm curious because I checked out some gameplay clips last week and it looked cool. I don't think I would buy it...but...anything specific about why you didn't like it?
    I'm not sure. I think it just didn't click for mechanically with the fighting. It LOOKS super cool, I watched it on Twitch a lot before I picked it up, but actually playing it just wasn't enjoyable for me. Your mileage may vary, but if I may...

...I would highly, highly, highly recommend Nioh if you want a difficult Japanese action game. It's fantastic, very similar to Sekiro in some ways, but I enjoyed it much more. And it should be cheap now, since it's a couple years old.

back on twitter

Anyone play division 2?

Agreed though bhc I always buy story games off Kijiji that I can resell later lol.

I bought a game last year and sold it for the same amount lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB