Page 17 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Re: The Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Kind of a weird question but do any of you know if there are any "real" arcades left in Ocean City or elsewhere in MD? Not talking about a Dave and Busters type thing but a place with vintage/80's/90's games? The big arcades on the boardwalk are all ticket focused these days and I don't know of many others around. The one in the Annapolis mall has been gone for years now.

There's a place in Myrtle Beach that is half game/collectible shop and half vintage arcade, and it's awesome. They have the old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles games, that 6 player X-Men game, Street Fighter 2, all the classic games.
    There's an arcade in Marley station attached to the bounce house place, but not sure what games they have.

A pool store in severna park has some vintage games for sale and they keep them on free play. Gene Lilly.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Yeah, it is Sony. I think even Nintendo of all companies is getting in on cross-platform with Rocket League but Sony is just stubborn as hell about it. Makes zero sense and is not consumer friendly at all. Lot of games that have low populations on the individual consoles that would be healthier if cross-platform was an industry standard.

My advice if you don't want to play online is go with Injustice 2, MK, or something else newer. SF30 is just arcade perfect ports of the various SF arcade games with no extra bells and whistles to the gameplay. It's great if you are going to play online or someone next to you on the couch, but for a purely single player experience I'm not sure I can recommend it.

The newest MK is probably my favorite fighting game of this gen.
    Ended up picking up mk xl from the Playstation store while it was on sale for e3. Not sure if I'll try it before finishing Tales of Berseria though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Wow that sounds incredible. Do you know what it's called in Myrtle Beach?
    It's called Player's Choice. It's in a mall towards the northern part of MB that really has nothing in it of note besides this place and a bookstore. Not a huge place by any means, but it's also more of a "locals" place from what I gathered when I was there, so it's not really crowded. We discovered it just looking for something to do on a rainy day. Ended up at the crappy mall and stumbled upon that place, we were there for a couple hours. Everything is only .25 to play too.

https://www.playerschoicenmb.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    In OC I think the old school arcades are dead.

I went the past couple years to check'em out and like you said, all ticket based. Those games where you throw your quarters in and hope a bunch fall off a ledge or something. Lame.

Played a couple rounds of skee-ball with my wife and went on my way.

I was hoping to play either the TMNT or XMen games you mentioned, lol
    Yeah, that's what it seemed like to me. I scoured the strip there for something that had stuff like the olden days, but it's all ticket based. To be fair it's not like you can go out and buy a new cabinet of that X-Men game now, but the new stuff is just not for me. If I even go in Playland these days it's just to the dark corner in the back where they have like five or so still operational pinball machines.

I don't really get the ticket games either...like the coin dropper you mentioned, I don't see how that's even fun...and it's always adults playing it. Why? So you can spend $40 to get a $2 prize? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    There’s a kick-ass arcade/bar in downtown Raleigh called Boxcar that is a legit fully functioning arcade with quarters and a giant bar in the middle of the room. It’s an awesome spot and incredibly popular. It’s right next to a huge BBQ restaurant as well.

https://theboxcarbar.com/raleigh/
    That looks super cool. I'm going to have to check that out if I'm ever in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    There's an arcade in Marley station attached to the bounce house place, but not sure what games they have.

A pool store in severna park has some vintage games for sale and they keep them on free play. Gene Lilly.

I'll check those out, thanks!
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Ended up picking up mk xl from the Playstation store while it was on sale for e3. Not sure if I'll try it before finishing Tales of Berseria though.

Man, you are in for a treat. I loved MK/XL. I played I'm sure over 100 hours of it locally and online. So good.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Anyone else play The Division?
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I played it when it first came out. Was super hyped, bought the expensive ass Collector's Edition for X1 that came with the season pass, watch, and other things. I enjoyed it, but it didn't have it's hooks in me for very long, maybe a month or so. I never even played the season pass content. May go back to it at some point in prep for Division 2.
    back on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I see you play that a lot. May look into it.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I see you play that a lot. May look into it.
    I'm totally addicted to that game. But sometimes it's just me leaving my PS4 on LOL
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

So I’ve been playing Skyrim a lot lately and I started the civil war quests before finishing the main storyline...what a huge pain in the ass!

There is this well known bug after The Battle of Whiterun (if you choose the Stormcloaks) where you have to go back to Windhelm and tell Ulfrich that Whiterun is his.

The dialogue options never pop up. And then I couldn’t get anyone to meet at High Hrothgar for the truce before you’re supposed to trap a Dragon at Whiterun.

I looked online forever to find a solution and it’s weird that this bug exists across all platforms and has for several years, yet Bethesda never fixed it. The two solutions I found was to fast travel to Windhelm stables and then make your way to the Palace of the Kings and then the dialogue options will be there. Well, that didn’t work. The other solution I saw a lot of was to start a fight with a Stormcloak guard in Whiterun and get sent to jail and that will fix it. Well, that didn’t work either.

For some reason I ended up going to Pelagia Farm outside of Whiterun, talking to a Stormcloak guard there, waiting 12hrs, then I fast traveled to Kynesgrove where a dragon swooped down, so I killed that. Then, the battle music stopped and the dialogue options were available.

No idea why that worked, but it did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    So I’ve been playing Skyrim a lot lately and I started the civil war quests before finishing the main storyline...what a huge pain in the ass!

There is this well known bug after The Battle of Whiterun (if you choose the Stormcloaks) where you have to go back to Windhelm and tell Ulfrich that Whiterun is his.

The dialogue options never pop up. And then I couldn’t get anyone to meet at High Hrothgar for the truce before you’re supposed to trap a Dragon at Whiterun.

I looked online forever to find a solution and it’s weird that this bug exists across all platforms and has for several years, yet Bethesda never fixed it. The two solutions I found was to fast travel to Windhelm stables and then make your way to the Palace of the Kings and then the dialogue options will be there. Well, that didn’t work. The other solution I saw a lot of was to start a fight with a Stormcloak guard in Whiterun and get sent to jail and that will fix it. Well, that didn’t work either.

For some reason I ended up going to Pelagia Farm outside of Whiterun, talking to a Stormcloak guard there, waiting 12hrs, then I fast traveled to Kynesgrove where a dragon swooped down, so I killed that. Then, the battle music stopped and the dialogue options were available.

No idea why that worked, but it did.

Did you put any mods on or are you playing vanilla?

Racist!!
    Just kidding. Sorry. I kinda miss Filth.
    Carry on. 🤪🥃

Blog Entries

It did it before I added any mods. I added the unofficial patch update mod and that didn’t fix it either.

My research online suggests it’s a pretty common bug across all platforms.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.